Hideously sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by briann8 View Post
    Here it is, I think ...

Name:  inter1.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  54.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Hideously sterile.
    Extremely beautiful. No pasted on ugly historical bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Extremely beautiful. No pasted on ugly historical bullshit.
    Oh I don't know... nothing says "kitchen" quite like a pair of oversized teak fork and spoon on the wall... and an assortment of copper bundt cake and Jello molds in assorted shapes and sizes...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oh I don't know... nothing says "kitchen" quite like a pair of oversized teak fork and spoon on the wall... and an assortment of copper bundt cake and Jello molds in assorted shapes and sizes...
    lest we forget a fake rooster and faux ivy above the 'artisan' medium tone oak cabinets with crown molding. also a sign saying 'count your blessings' or 'bless this house' somewhere
    Last edited by hybridy; May-13-19 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    lest we forget a fake rooster and faux ivy above the 'artisan' medium tone oak cabinets with crown molding. also a sign saying 'count your blessings' or 'bless this house' somewhere
    My condolences, who died?

Actually, it did in the 60's and that's when this was designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Ah... but there must have been some remodeling since....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0s-w_mPu4

If the cabinet doors were painted red or black it would be an example of the current rage of a European kitchen,they have also always been into the no appliances protrude past the cabinets.

I have some paperwork from the 1950s when the US Department of Kitchens existed,a government agency that was formed to actually design ergonomic kitchens,the galley kitchen was considered the most efficient.

I also agree it looks sterile,the other one,outside of the popcorn ceiling to me looks nice but overdone to the point of dark and dreary,maybe the choice of wall tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have some paperwork from the 1950s when the US Department of Kitchens existed,a government agency that was formed to actually design ergonomic kitchens.

Now there's a great use for my tax dollars. I like the kitchen in the first photo. It looks clean, roomy, bright, and looks like you can get in there and whip something up. hybridy's photo looks exactly those complementary kitchens that come with the viewing room @ a funeral home. The only thing missing is the plastic container from Kroger's, with the three month shelf life sandwich rolls. The wax fruit is also a nice touch.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-14-19 at 08:36 AM.

First one is too sterile; second too dark. I like an old country kitchen

I typed in detroityes and ended up on houzz

^ Multi tasking,neighborhood history and kitchen ideas,all rolled up in one friendly site,what more could one ask for?

^ Multi tasking,neighborhood history and kitchen ideas,all rolled up in one friendly site,what more could one ask for?

You won't get that on a FL forum....

First one is too sterile; second too dark. I like an old country kitchen
    Bringing in logs for the stove will keep you in shape too.

Quote Originally Posted by gpp1004 View Post
    Houzz that going for you?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-14-19 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You won't get that on a FL forum....
    No,because all the mean Yankees come down here with thier love of sprawl and anti transit views and trying to mimic the place they left,then they get mad when the alligators eat thier little dogs because they walk them on the waters edge,even after being told it is not a good idea.

Most likely if the house in question was down here it would have been demolished so a new one could be built.

We have to look to Detroit for the beauty in architecture,Florida was not much until the 1950s,some of the past has been preserved,most gets eaten by termites,hurricanes and bulldozers.
    Last edited by Richard; May-14-19 at 11:13 AM.

No,because all the mean Yankees come down here with thier love of sprawl and anti transit views and trying to mimic the place they left,then they get mad when the alligators eat thier little dogs because they walk them on the waters edge,even after being told it is not a good idea.

Most likely if the house in question was down here it would have been demolished so a new one could be built.

We have to look to Detroit for the beauty in architecture,Florida was not much until the 1950s,some of the past has been preserved,most gets eaten by termites,hurricanes and bulldozers.

It's not the alligators that bother me so much as those damn armadillos. I don't trust them. Once they roll up into a ball, who knows what they're capable of?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-14-19 at 11:49 AM.

Houzz that going for you?
    ba-dum-ching

Some kitchens beg for a 'Trading Spaces' response.... [[beauty is in the eye of the beholder)....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8myin_ZMIo

Quote Originally Posted by gpp1004 View Post
    I was thinking the same...lol

pumping the water helps, too.
    Bringing in logs for the stove will keep you in shape too.

pumping the water helps, too.

Not too bad jcole, I could live with that. Reminiscent of friend's historic home in Romeo. Same style of cabinetry.

Thanks everyone for all the help? I only meant "modern" as a comparison to some of the "grand estates" you see along that road. I personally think both are amazing from the outside and am surprised there isn't more floating around google.

Love this forum.

Thanks everyone for all the help***!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2