Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Duggan Considers Joining Biden's Campaign

Been wondering when our fine mayor would make the leap to the next level.

Seems like a smart move. Get in a serious campaign. Do a great job. And then run yourself [[at a lower level).

Duggan won't be around Detroit forever [[unfortunately). We need to be thinking about Duggan 2.0 if we want to consolidate our successes.

If Biden does win, it'd be a huge win for Detroit to have Duggan head up HUD. He'd be the second native Detroiter in a row to head the agency... And maybe more effective than the current secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    If Biden does win, it'd be a huge win for Detroit to have Duggan head up HUD. He'd be the second native Detroiter in a row to head the agency... And maybe more effective than the current secretary.
    This 100%. It would be HUGE for Detroit.

Mayor Mike Duggan's wife Mary Loretto Maher files for divorce

https://www.freep.com/story/news/201...ce/1095467001/

No. He needs to focus on the city and his personal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    No. He needs to focus on the city and his personal problems.
    Let him go ahead and do it.

It's only going to hurt Biden's electability in favor of his competitor's amongst a certain voting bloc, which is fine with me.

As far as I'm concerned the Biden presidential campaign is a sinking ship and this is another hole in the hull. I never cared for Biden. I always thought he was Obamas token white guy, and I don't recall any terrific vice-presidential moves he made while in office for 8 years. I feel bad for Duggan, divorce is going to be difficult for him but none of my business. I hope the media shows some class and doesn't turn this into a paper selling smear campaign. What is my business is the accusation that he used City influence to prop up his alleged girlfriends business. That's improper. If it comes out that City money was funneled into that business, then his resignation is in order. He did a lot for Detroit, but that doesn't give him carte blanche to do as he pleases. I'm not happy about any of this.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-04-19 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the Biden presidential campaign is a sinking ship and this is another hole in the hull. I never cared for Biden. I always thought he was Obamas token white guy, and I don't recall any terrific vice-presidential moves he made while in office for 8 years. I feel bad for Duggan, divorce is going to be difficult for him but none of my business. I hope the media shows some class and doesn't turn this into a paper selling smear campaign. What is my business is the accusation that he used City influence to prop up his alleged girlfriends business. That's improper. If it comes out that City money was funneled into that business, then his resignation is in order. He did a lot for Detroit, but that doesn't give him carte blanche to do as he pleases. I'm not happy about any of this.
    Biden was used by Obama to negotiate with Republicans on a number of issues such as taxes, unemployment etc. due to his long-standing relationships with them. Obama also leaned on Biden for foreign policy advice because he was on the foreign relations committee for years. I think he had a much greater role than previous v.p.'s. Name a great accomplishment of any v.p.? He was no Mike Pence - and that's a very good thing.

Prolly why his wife filed for divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Duggan has other questionable things to worry about as well. The demolition department, Detroit Land Bank, Robert Carmack, his pending divorce and probably some other things we don't know about yet. We can only hope that we don't have back to back, corrupt administrations.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-04-19 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Biden was used by Obama to negotiate with Republicans on a number of issues such as taxes, unemployment etc. due to his long-standing relationships with them. Obama also leaned on Biden for foreign policy advice because he was on the foreign relations committee for years. I think he had a much greater role than previous v.p.'s. Name a great accomplishment of any v.p.? He was no Mike Pence - and that's a very good thing.
    Foreign Policy advisor? 🤣😂🤣

Yeah, he was advising the Chinese on how to proceed on insider deals involving his son.

How DID Biden vote on Nafta?

What WERE Bidens view on the TPP?

What WERE his views on RENEGOTIATING trade deals in our favor?

Answer: He favored the status quo, as people like his son and who knows who else were benefiting from these corrupt mechanisms of the establishment.

Anyways, I'll let you get back to your hero worship...

Democrats have 18 months to get their act together. Right now, with a zillion folks running, chaos is the word of the day. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Democrats have 18 months to get their act together. Right now, with a zillion folks running, chaos is the word of the day. Just sayin'.
    Easier said than done, Ray....

As I recall, Mikey had a questionable past before his current post. I recall a few threads here talking about various crooked dealings at the hospital and maybe before that.

Not someone I would want on my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    As I recall, Mikey had a questionable past before his current post. I recall a few threads here talking about various crooked dealings at the hospital and maybe before that.

Not someone I would want on my campaign.

You are correct, though I don't recall anything becoming of the suspicions. He is also currently, as posted elsewhere, being investigated for suspicious business practices regarding his alleged girlfriend. He seems to have a history of walking that fine line. I still think he was good for Detroit.

If there were a Joe Biden statue in a park somewhere it would have to be covered with a tarp or removed.