Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What is the best cellphone service in downtown detroit?

Currently on Verizon here in East Coast, but since I will be moving to Detroit-Windsor [[living in Windsor, working in Detroit), I'm looking into T-Mobile since they have a really good international plan.

T-Mobile good service in downtown Detroit?

Thanks!

You'll have no issues with T-Mobile.

Jitterbug for sure.

I have never had an issue with Verizon or AT&T anywhere in the city. Once in a while on the Riverfront or Belle Isle my phone switches over to the Rogers service from Windsor, but I'm covered by an international plan.

I think all services are pretty much equal in the area. Just dont read O3H's thread about 5G services...��

The City of Detroit isn't exactly CASH RICH for infrastructure.
    Leasing of antennae sites will become contentious, nasty, and vicious

Absolutely stay away from my 5G thread - don't read it - stay ignorant.
    9,000 view of the thread, but no one actually reads it, they just stare.

AT&T has never, ever let me down , even in Canada, Mexico and Europe.
    Last edited by O3H; April-24-19 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2014 View Post
    Currently on Verizon here in East Coast, but since I will be moving to Detroit-Windsor [[living in Windsor, working in Detroit), I'm looking into T-Mobile since they have a really good international plan.

T-Mobile good service in downtown Detroit?

Thanks!
    I have to agree with 313WX. I've had T-Mobile for years and have never had any issues with it, downtown or in the suburbs. I have the add-on for Canada & Mexico, which is nice. The monthly rates and data overage policy are far better than my last provider, Verizon.

The only people I'd recommend consider another provider are those that live outside of the metro area. Coverage is sketchy/sparse once you get too far north of Bay City, for instance.

I started with AT&T, then it changed to Cingular, now I see it's back to AT&T. I had nothing but headaches with their service. I've been with T-Mobile for years now with very few issues. It worked all the way down to the Florida Keys, and on top of China Bowl in Vale. However, I do have difficulties in Saugatuck, Columbiaville, and Clarkston. Locally, around the Metro-Detroit area, it works great, and they still have the cheapest plans.

Honky Tonk.... and don't forget... T-Mobile does the best flash mob commercials!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3N...o&pbjreload=10
    Last edited by Gistok; April-26-19 at 07:29 PM.