Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Seeking Club 1270 Images for surprise gift

Hello!
    I have a good friend who is turning 70 next week, who was a regular dancer on Club 1270 in the 1960s. I would love to surprise her with a picture from that show. My research tells me the show ran from 1962-1965, so I am guessing she was dancing no earlier than 1963 as a 9th grader.
    I have searched online and offline for pictures from the show with very little success. [[WXYZ, Detroit Historical Society, Newspapers.com, Reuther library, Motown Museum) Her name in the 1960s was Linda Vail and I want to surprise her with one or more pictures - ideally with her in one.
    Can anyone help me please with your own personal pictures? Her birthday is May 5th.
    Thanks!
    Paula

Paula...Lee Alan, the DJ who hosted Club 1270 with Joel Sebastian, is on Facebook. You might try going on his page and messaging him there.

Default Lee Alan contact info?

Dear 65,
    I sent him a Facebook message last Tuesday and again tonight. I saw an AOL email for him somewhere, but did not use it since not many people use AOL anymore. If you have an email, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
    Paula

Can someone clarify Lee's last name spelling? I see Alan and Allen, depending on where I look. A channel 7 ad shows 'Allen', yet Facebook shows 'Alan'. Perhaps he tweaked it for his deejay name??

Quote Originally Posted by radar9628 View Post
    Can someone clarify Lee's last name spelling? I see Alan and Allen, depending on where I look. A channel 7 ad shows 'Allen', yet Facebook shows 'Alan'. Perhaps he tweaked it for his deejay name??

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...10746-Lee-Alan

https://www.google.com/search?q=lee+...=1556505245947

https://www.google.com/search?q=club...95.IMKxdMQ1dqM
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-28-19 at 09:37 PM.

Well thanks for the old top forty's. Can Amazon Prime play those in sequence?

Attachment 38063
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-28-19 at 11:38 PM.

Default I found him

Quote Originally Posted by 65memories View Post
    Paula...Lee Alan, the DJ who hosted Club 1270 with Joel Sebastian, is on Facebook. You might try going on his page and messaging him there.
    I have message Lee on Facebook - no reply yet. I did find an email too through his website.

Thx.