Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default London creates ultra low emission zones

What is it?

It comes into force on 8 April 2019, and will initially cover the existing congestion charge zone in central London, but will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From 25 October 2021, it will expand to an area bounded by the north and south circular roads.

How much will it cost?

Vehicles, including motorbikes, that don’t meet the tighter exhaust emissions standards will have to pay £12.50 every day that they are used within the ULEZ – the city centre one from this April, the bigger one from October 2021 – plus the £11.50 congestion charge if they enter the city centre between Monday and Friday, 7am to 6pm. Failure to pay will result in a fine of £160. Lorries will be charged £100 a day, with a £1,000 fine for failing to pay on time.

Will my car be affected?

Broadly speaking, pre-2015 diesels and pre-2006 petrol cars will fall foul of the new standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...u-need-to-know

It will be enforced by thousands of CCTV cameras and a double congestion charge would meen it will cost roughly $30 in order to drive into the city.

Interesting how the lorries or known as large delivery trucks are hit the hardest,My guess is they will just buy new fleets and add the costs to the public charge.

Or add a additional fee for city deliveries.

I guess that is one way of eliminating cars within the city.

I wonder if back in the days when the Nile River valley was lush farm land the Egyptians got together and discussed eliminating all of the cars and trucks in order to stop the climate change from turning it into desert,o wait cars were not even invented yet,maybe it was all of the camels farting that caused it to turn into a desert.
    Last edited by Richard; April-22-19 at 02:11 PM.