Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

One of their projects finally started construction today.

"Detroit — Chris Ilitch, president and CEO of Ilitch Holdings, with Olympia Development and Detroit Medical Center officials announced Thursday the start of construction on a $70 million sports medical center and law office space on Woodward.

The five-story DMC facility and Warner Norcross and Judd Law office space broke ground at 2715 Woodward, between the Little Caesars Arena and the Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University. It is expected to be completed in 18 months."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ce/3771497002/

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post

"Detroit — Chris Ilitch, president and CEO of Ilitch Holdings, with Olympia Development and Detroit Medical Center officials announced Thursday the start of construction on a $70 million sports medical center and law office space on Woodward.

The five-story DMC facility and Warner Norcross and Judd Law office space broke ground at 2715 Woodward, between the Little Caesars Arena and the Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University. It is expected to be completed in 18 months."

Beautiful. Another box with glass on the front.

I really question this fact. The average GM wage must be much higher than the average Olympia wage [[includes low wage stadium jobs). Hmm, I don't want to doubt Aguilar and the Detroit News though.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    From the Detroit News:

"Ilitch companies are the city’s fourth largest employer in the city, with 7,686 workers, which is 1,325 more than General Motors employs in Detroit. Income tax collected from workers' paychecks is the city government's largest source of funds. The money helps pay for services such as police, fire department and fixing potholes."

This single paragraph probably most vividly paints the reality of why they are held to a different standard. How are you going to bite the hand that feeds you, and continue to be fed?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    I really question this fact. The average GM wage must be much higher than the average Olympia wage [[includes low wage stadium jobs). Hmm, I don't want to doubt Aguilar and the Detroit News though.
    I thought this as well. But I feel like the inclusion of Red Wings/Tigers players salaries certainly backs this up. I mean Miguel Cabrera's $30M a year is equal to 750 GM employees at $40K.

FYI.... most ushers at the Fox Theatre and LCA are volunteer workers. I had a friend who used to be in charge of "Group 12" of volunteers at the Fox... so that meant that there were at least 12 seperate groups of unpaid ushers at the Fox [[who had a rotated schedule for every 12th event), who after they seated the folks... got to sit down and watch the show for free. Not sure how many separate groups there are at LCA.

The Detroit Opera House has a similar arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    stadiums have around 50 full time workers. the majority are 'event-day' staff [[example: levy restaurants at ford field). these are slightly above minimum wage people foodservice staff who cobble together several part time gigs and don't have benefits. i wager the ilitch employee quote should be stated that 6000 of the 7600+ total are part time and make close to minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post

This is better work, Illitch. You've been hooked on crack too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This is better work, Illitch. You've been hooked on crack too long!

Danny.... wrong Ilitch! That was brother Ronald Ilitch, now deceased...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...son/746918002/

Ilitch will "rely on market-demand by the 3rd party developers". Sounds like he's hoping the public will blame somebody else from now on.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...roit-narrative

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4