Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default SMART, DDOT announce unified payment system: Dart

https://detroitmi.gov/news/smart-ddo...public-transit

This is definitely a step in the right direction, and places our public transit in line with other major cities in convenience.

This will be something great to look forward to. I'm willing to wait a few months for the mobile payment app. However, a great way of promoting the payment system is to provide a reloadable feature to these cards.

Of course, that's a suggestion I will place before DDOT for community input tomorrow.

A major step forward! I'm looking forward to purchasing a pass when they're available.

I'm a bus user and 100% for this change. I think it would make even more sense to have all buses run by a single entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    This will be something great to look forward to. I'm willing to wait a few months for the mobile payment app. However, a great way of promoting the payment system is to provide a reloadable feature to these cards.

Of course, that's a suggestion I will place before DDOT for community input tomorrow.
    The regional 31 day Dart pass will be a "tap" card rather than mag-stripe. This is the first step to having reload-able, account-based passes in the future, which is on the radar of SMART and DDOT moving forward.

After going to the DDOT community input meeting this week, I found out that the TAP cars will not be reload-able.

I hope that in the future that a reload-able feature is added to these cards in the future, but at the moment these cards will not be reload-able.

Also, the mobile app will be available to all passengers during the summer.