Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Yes, a girl should be afraid to see a grown man in the bathroom .
    Which bathroom should these people use?

Amelia Maltepe

Geena Rocero

Carmen Carerra
    Last edited by Meddle; April-04-19 at 06:47 PM.

Yep, it can be argued that CF has their political/ social baggage. They're certainly not alone. They're a fast food chain among many.

I'm not happy about China's human rights perspective, their rapacious attitudes regarding the environment, and nearly every utilitarian, edible creature therein. But I realize I'd be nude, with less food options, and bereft of alot of technology if I try to avoid all they manufacture and produce and export.

I do TRY avoid their seafood and other processed offerings along with other imported fish/ shrimp [[next time you're purchasing that low cost seafood see check its origins - how it was raised). Mixed reviews abound:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tilapia-consumption/

https://oceana.org/blog/5-facts-will...-raised-shrimp

Home cooking and careful purchasing is the only hopeful edge... somewhat.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-19 at 07:02 AM.

Seems everyone has a world-view, culture or governance to push [[or retain), fighting for turf! Word on the street [[smile) is that while it seems them petty, right-winged Christians *sarc* are the only 'non-progressive' folks pushing back, that's not true.

Islamic private schools in the US are not so obliged either, but you'll not hear much criticism about that. Nope.

They're also pushing back on how/ what their children will be exposed too, even in the public schools. Yep.

This includes even the more secular Muslim family groups and communities.

You can choose not to and no one will call you a bigot or any other name for that matter.
    So what if I refused to send my kid to a dragqueen reading?
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...een-story-time
    How about insisting a school stop indoctrinating, guilting and confusing my pre-teen child?
    https://www.amazon.ca/Transphobia-De.../dp/1459407660
    Yes, a girl should be afraid to see a grown man in the bathroom FFS.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-19 at 10:09 PM.

Name:  791757C2-354D-4AFE-88F0-9400C8452C67.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  43.5 KB
    Presumably you want your wife/daughter in a restroom with Aydian Dowling, pictured above.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; April-04-19 at 09:57 PM.

You can choose not to and no one will call you a bigot or any other name for that matter.
    So what if I refused to send my kid to a dragqueen reading?
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...een-story-time
    How about insisting a school stop indoctrinating, guilting and confusing my pre-teen child?
    https://www.amazon.ca/Transphobia-De.../dp/1459407660
    Then don't buy the book, and don't go to the reading. And feel free to try to convince others because that's how a free society works.

But you are not going to convince me that this would be a better world without Drag Queen Story Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, it can be argued that CF has their political/ social baggage. They're certainly not alone. Their a fast food chain among many.

I'm not happy about China's human rights perspective, their rapacious attitudes regarding the environment, and nearly every utilitarian, edible creature therein. But I realize I'd be nude, with less food options, and bereft of alot of technology if I try to avoid all they manufacture and produce and export.

I do TRY avoid their seafood and other processed offerings along with other imported fish/ shrimp [[next time you're purchasing that low cost seafood see check its origins - how it was raised). Mixed reviews abound:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tilapia-consumption/

https://oceana.org/blog/5-facts-will...-raised-shrimp

Home cooking and careful purchasing is the only hopeful edge... somewhat.
    You have a point.

I wonder if the "I'm better than you" purists in this thread and elsewhere who brag about not going to CFA or Hobby Lobby buy products made using slave labor in China, or vehicles made by foreign-bassd automakers, or do business with one of the big banks responsible for the Great Recession, or voted for Trump, etc.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-05-19 at 06:30 AM.

I say adults do as you wish. You own your choice[[s); read what you want.

Children,
    [[K12) on the other hand are a 'captive audience' in the context of public school offerings/ library events/ teaching materials. That's what's starting to happen in some cities/ communities.

Which is why some are turning to private schools etc. For example, in Dearborn, which has a large Muslim population, some opt out.

Choosing private education and charters where there's more choice in curriculum content/ homework.

They'll not cede their youth to be exposed to all progressive teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Then don't buy the book, and don't go to the reading. And feel free to try to convince others because that's how a free society works.

But you are not going to convince me that this would be a better world without Drag Queen Story Time.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-19 at 07:01 AM.

LOL! As usual women/ girls are disproportionately affected in the quest for equal 'options'. More women are unhappy about men going into a bathroom where they or their daughters or girls in general are than the other way around.

I suppose we're just not progressive enough, after all...... Darn!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Presumably you want your wife/daughter in a restroom with Aydian Dowling, pictured above.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-19 at 08:01 AM.

In the mean time, back to Chick-fil-A...

Are Fast-Food Corporations Ever Worthy of Forgiveness? [[article headline not mine)

Chick-fil-A said it would no longer get involved with social issues, but recent donations to anti-LGBTQ groups suggest it totally duped the libs
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-05-19 at 08:46 AM.

If you eat at Chick-fil-A, you help fund groups that are actively anti-LGBTQ. You either think your choice in chicken is more important than the LGBTQ community, or you don't and you don't go there.

They can use mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Seems everyone has a world-view, culture or governance to push [[or retain), fighting for turf! Word on the street [[smile) is that while it seems them petty, right-winged Christians *sarc* are the only 'non-progressive' folks pushing back, that's not true.

Islamic private schools in the US are not so obliged either, but you'll not hear much criticism about that. Nope.

They're also pushing back on how/ what their children will be exposed too, even in the public schools. Yep.

This includes even the more secular Muslim family groups and communities.
    Same applies to Jewish schools. Christians are a soft target and public schools are a push over.

Quote Originally Posted by ekleezy View Post
    If you eat at Chick-fil-A, you help fund groups that are actively anti-LGBTQ. You either think your choice in chicken is more important than the LGBTQ community, or you don't and you don't go there.
    Well said. If you believe that LGBTQ orthodoxy is important, you can vote with your feet.

Where it becomes a problem is when the LGBTQ advocacy switches from voluntary choice to a campaign of hate against those who hold differing opinions. Tolerance doesn't just run one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Where it becomes a problem is when the LGBTQ advocacy switches from voluntary choice to a campaign of hate against those who hold differing opinions. Tolerance doesn't just run one way.
    I'm not aware of any gay folks who advocate a "campaign of hate". Are you referring to Neo Nazis and the like who want to kill gay folks? Those folks deserve no "tolerance" from any civilized person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I'm not aware of any gay folks who advocate a "campaign of hate". Are you referring to Neo Nazis and the like who want to kill gay folks? Those folks deserve no "tolerance" from any civilized person.
    Have you forgotten about the Colorado baker who refused to bake a cake for a same sex couple? He did not refuse sell them a cake, just would not create a specific cake with details opposing his religious beliefs. Total media lash out and smear campaign not to mention financial loss, harassment and even death threats. Glad the SCOTUS sided with him on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Well said. If you believe that LGBTQ orthodoxy is important, you can vote with your feet.

Sorry folks aren't sufficiently tolerant of your intolerance for your liking.

Gotta love the notion that a struggle for tolerance, equality, freedom from violence, and respect for basic human rights is some sort of scary "orthodoxy" and a "campaign of hate". Right-wingers are just so bizarre sometimes.

Have you forgotten about the Colorado baker who refused to bake a cake for a same sex couple? He did not refuse sell them a cake, just would not create a specific cake with details opposing his religious beliefs. Total media lash out and smear campaign not to mention financial loss, harassment and even death threats. Glad the SCOTUS sided with him on this.
    That's a horrible example. That scumbag is a hero to the gay haters, and it's very sad the the SC determined that private businesses have a right to deny services to gay people.

What you're really trying to say is that you don't believe that gay people deserve equal rights under federal law, and are offended that others disagree. That's your underlying message. You want to shut anyone up who wants equal rights for all.

And yeah, I hope that baker goes bankrupt and loses everything for his hatred. But he's such a cause celeb among the Fox-Trump-Putin crowd that he's probably filthy rich at this point.
    Last edited by Bham1982; April-05-19 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    That's a horrible example. That scumbag is a hero to the gay haters, and it's very sad the the SC determined that private businesses have a right to deny services to gay people.

What you're really trying to say is that you don't believe that gay people deserve equal rights under federal law, and are offended that others disagree. That's your underlying message. You want to shut anyone up who wants equal rights for all.

And yeah, I hope that baker goes bankrupt and loses everything for his hatred. But he's such a cause celeb among the Fox-Trump-Putin crowd that he's probably filthy rich at this point.
    You can read into it whatever you want but don’t misinterpret the example I posted, which was a very relevant and appropriate reply to your comment. The baker did not refuse service, he refused to accommodate the couple with specific images and writing on a cake that went against his religious beliefs. In the same sense, you should not expect a Zionist Jew to decorate a cake with pro Palestinian imagery. You’re either asking for trouble or looking to make a point. SC did their job. Interpret and uphold the Constitution for the rights off all.

Glad the SCOTUS sided with him on this.
    Geeze, not this again. They did not side with him. As is becoming more often the case, they punted. They faulted a procedural issue in the complaint process that voided the initial ruling. The Old 9 didn't rule on the facts of the case at all, just that the state agency erred in how THEY handled the claim. As I understood it, they didn't even say if the state was right or wrong, just that they handled the case improperly. I haven't heard any more about it since.

In the same sense, you should not expect a Zionist Jew to decorate a cake with pro Palestinian imagery.
    Likewise, you would find it appropriate for a Christian family be denied a cake decorated with say, a cross, for a baptism, if they happened to go to a bakery owned by an athiest?

Quote Originally Posted by gpp1004 View Post
    Likewise, you would find it appropriate for a Christian family be denied a cake decorated with say, a cross, for a baptism, if they happened to go to a bakery owned by an athiest?
    Not if they refused to use any religious symbolism at all for any customer. If they started to pick and choose which they would or would not do, there may be more of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Not if they refused to use any religious symbolism at all for any customer. If they started to pick and choose which they would or would not do, there may be more of an issue.
    But that's exactly what happened. They picked and chose what they deemed appropriate [[or not) to put on a cake based on their religious convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by gpp1004 View Post
    But that's exactly what happened. They picked and chose what they deemed appropriate [[or not) to put on a cake based on their religious convictions.
    There is nothing in the Bible that indicates a private vendor should not perform a service for someone who is gay, nor is there anything about whether gay folks should [[or shouldn't) have equal rights under the law.

As usual, bigots like to use religion for their wackadoodle ideas.

Thankfully, Capitalism has an answer to all of this bullshit. If a private business owner refuses to accommodate everyone, then he opens up the opportunity for competition. DONE!

Thankfully, Capitalism has an answer to all of this bullshit. If a private business owner refuses to accommodate everyone, then he opens up the opportunity for competition. DONE!
    Capitalism is the answer to bigotry? Ya lost me, brah.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast