Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Chick-fil-A plans next standalone restaurant in Shelby Township

Chick-fil-A is planning to open its first standalone store in Shelby Township.
    The fast food chicken chain has locations inside Somerset Mall, Oakland University and Detroit Metro Airport, along with several other locations, but the new location would be their first standalone restaurant in the area.

Chick-fil-A's new restaurant will be at the busy intersection of Hall Road and Schoenherr Street.

In an email to Local 4, Chick-fil-A said they're still in the early stages.

"Chick-fil-A is always looking for new locations to continue serving our customers, and we’re happy to share that we are pursuing expansion into Shelby Township, Michigan. While we are still early in the permitting phase, we look forward to working through approvals with the city and meeting with our future neighbors to understand how we can best serve the area."

In 2018, the Allen Park Planning Commission approved a plan for Chick-fil-A location in the city, with plans to open in late 2019 or 2020. It would also be a standalone location.

Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A is a family owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1967 by S. Truett Cathy. Chick-fil-A serves food in more than 2,400 restaurants in 47 states and Washington, D.C.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...5ww2sQgq2z1pxg

^^^ Cool for fast food chicken! I think there's one inside the student Union at WSU. Not for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual View Post
    ... Chick-fil-A's new restaurant will be at the busy intersection of Hall Road and Schoenherr Street....
    There's already a KFC at that location.

Is this too much chicken?

Never had it but have heard good reviews. Also read that they manage it very well with happy employees. Definitely need one downtown.

And people said the Golden Butthole wouldn't spur transformational development. I think some apologies are in order

Served with a side of bigotry at no extra charge

Daughter went there many times while living in Chicago & can’t wait for it to open up here in Allen Park. The building is going up now, near Best Buy.

Another Michigan location according to their website is at Eastern & at Franklin Park Mall in Toledo.

I'm good about no Papa Johns, there's plenty of pizza out there, but I have been hearing about Chick-Fil-A for twenty years now. Without a chance to try it.

I'm going. Sorry, LGBTQASNONSEXORUNDECIDED.

Men, men, woman, woman, have at it, I want good chicken.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-04-19 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Cool for fast food chicken! I think there's one inside the student Union at WSU. Not for sure?
    Not quite. There's a location somewhere in the Medical Center.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; April-04-19 at 10:47 AM.

List of all the locations in Michigan
    https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Locations/Browse/MI

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Not quite. There's a location somewhere in the Medical Center somewhere.
    Harper Hospital.

I don't get all the fuss about Chick-fil-A. It's average fast food fried chicken. The only time I ever consider eating there is at the McNamara terminal in Metro, and even then there are much better options available.

^^^ I hear that! It's just a nice step up from the form-pressed chicken nuggets and other chicken stuff of McDonalds/ Wendys/ BKing, etc.

Though I must admit a hankering for those formed Chicken Rings from White Castles...... 9-piece, via the drive-thru, after dark!!

Fast food all... not to be eaten often.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-04-19 at 11:16 AM.

besides the DMC food court, there's also one at Somerset Mall and at Oakland University's student food court. Still relatively scarce in Michigan and areas beyond the deep south/southwest. I rarely have business at any of those sites [[let alone the Airport based location, when you have to have a ticket going somewhere, lol), so it's not a priority for me to check them out.
    Last edited by Hypestyles; April-04-19 at 11:06 AM.

I had it inside the DMC while waiting on a family member last year. It was good, but not so good to make me ignore the bigotry from within the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Men, men, woman, woman, have at it, I want good chicken.
    I've tried it. Mediocre at best - hell, it doesn't even look good in their ads. McDonald's chicken breast sandwiches are better.

If you want good chicken: a) learn to cook b) go to Holiday Market or c) go to Popeye's.

I wasn't aware just how big a chain CF was. They just don't have much presence in our neck of the woods. [[None in Hamtramck!)

Their store count is 2,200 right now. They're doing something right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    DOTWC, I am not aware that they discriminate or are bigoted. They do have opinions which are not shared by all. But we are a better society when we allow diversity and don't require everyone to agree with everything. Calling them bigoted is, well, rather bigoted.

Walked in one in a mall once. Looked at the menu. Didn't see anything interesting. Left. Never went back.

That was before all the hype. I hate hype.

This morning on I heard on the radio that the exact location hadn't been decided yet.

With that KFC there, it almost seemed like a comedy skit with two mundane retailers about to duke it out for Chicken Supremacy! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    This morning on I heard on the radio that the exact location hadn't been decided yet.

With that KFC there, it almost seemed like a comedy skit with two mundane retailers about to duke it out for Chicken Supremacy! LOL!
    Here in Georgia, it's pretty common for Chick-Fil-A and Zaxby's [[a Southeast Chicken Finger chain) to open right next to each other.

They're like the McDonald's and Burger King of chicken.

Had my first Chicken sandwich from there in the Memphis area a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty tasty for fast food. I'd compare it to a Wendy's fried chicken sandwich with a few more mild spices on the coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    DOTWC, I am not aware that they discriminate or are bigoted. They do have opinions which are not shared by all. But we are a better society when we allow diversity and don't require everyone to agree with everything. Calling them bigoted is, well, rather bigoted.
    Are we a better society when companies like Chick-Fil-A fund discriminatory organizations? There is a big difference between putting millions into anti-lgtbq groups and not serving chicken on a Sunday because it's the Lord's day.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/3...gbtq-donations

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Mmmmm... hate chicken.

A diversity of views also means I get to express my views by not spending my $$ to eat mediocre fast food chicken served by a company that hides behind their religion to try to excuse their funding of bigotry and hate. I also get to encourage others to give them a pass too.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Are we a better society when companies like Chick-Fil-A fund discriminatory organizations? There is a big difference between putting millions into anti-lgtbq groups and not serving chicken on a Sunday because it's the Lord's day.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/3...gbtq-donations
    You can choose not to and no one will call you a bigot or any other name for that matter.
    So what if I refused to send my kid to a dragqueen reading?
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...een-story-time
    How about insisting a school stop indoctrinating, guilting and confusing my pre-teen child?
    https://www.amazon.ca/Transphobia-De.../dp/1459407660
    Yes, a girl should be afraid to see a grown man in the bathroom FFS.

I do my best to avoid Hobby Lobby for similar reasons, but unlike chicken bits, there are some things I cannot get anywhere else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast