Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Don't you have to be pretty darn close to someone to smell their hair shampoo/ conditioner? Not a good idea outside of an intimate relationship.

Sorry Zacha341, I disagree. Some of the hair care, personal hygiene, and perfume products woman use are intense, not over applied but intense. A majority of women seem oblivious to the intensity and think the scent is great. I'll give you one quick example. Mid Winter a friend called and suggested getting a bite to eat. I volunteered to drive. She got in and a half mile down the road, I was choking. Not a foul scent, just plenty of it. Turned out she wasn't wearing perfume, it was her hand cream. She thought the scent was wonderful, I cracked open the window on my side. It's the same @ work. A woman will walk by your cube and 4 seconds later you smell the aftershock of whatever scent she's wearing.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-07-19 at 06:15 AM.

^^^Hah... Maybe we don't disagree fully -- I was speaking of shampoo which I tend to associate with having a scent only if you are 'scalp' level close!

Now perfumes, creams and lotions, that really can get out of control, fast. I work with the public so as a rule I try to stick to lavender scents, lightly applied as it's one of the least offensive, least allergy triggering scents.

My hair is short too, so perhaps I am underestimating long hair shampoo scent residue, where you'd not have to be so close.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-07-19 at 07:19 AM.

Wealthy folks still at the top? What?!!

I thought only the republicans and their beloved capitalism could be guilty of such...... say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yep and anytime somebody is getting thrown under the bus you can bet she is also slithering around in the background.

She proably likes Cortez’s ideas because they usually end up with the wealthy at the top while everybody else remains equally poor....

Don't you have to be pretty darn close to someone to smell their hair shampoo/ conditioner? Not a good idea outside of an intimate relationship.
    Ever watch the movie The scent of a woman?

That is what makes women unique,no two are the same,they can use the same product but it will have a different scent.

What is the first thing one does when they see a rose?

So he likes to get a wiff of thier hair,it’s not like he is asking them to tie him up and spank him,on the recent lists of offensive things sniffing ones hair seems like it would not be at the top of the list.

In the cultures or families where a quick hug and peck on the cheek is a normal greeting,the hair is kinda right there.

My kids are over 30 and 1/2 Hispanic when we meet it is always with a hug,same thing with the grand children,maybe some of the things people find creepy is because of what they are thinking in thier mind,is making it creepy.

Granted when I first married,I did find it uncomfortable,but that was me and I was not raised in a huggy family,but yet uncles and aunts were hug greeters.

I remember as a teenager my mother chastised my aunt for greeting me with a big hug,if it is something one does without thought it is nothing more then a form of a handshake.

I could see if one is thinking pervy things as a rule it could be construed as pervy then.
    Last edited by Richard; April-07-19 at 09:00 AM.

^^^ Yes, excellent movie and it is known the people have varied sense of smell. Even clothes can give off odors. So yes it can all be a problem. Yet different cultures approach the issue differently.

However, I feel that unlike a rose, approaching someone to smell them is not a good idea. Nope. Sure, I still hug sometimes but more often now extend a hand as a neutral option.

I'm not compelled to rush up to men or women to take a whiff or their personal body and hair care products.

Especially as perceptions can be worse than intent in some cases. Who'd put themselves in such a situation as a public figure?

In the mean time Biden's going down, faster.

He's not particularly funny and should had ditched the option of trying to apply humor to the situation:

Joe Biden Jokes About Hugging in a Speech, Then Offers a Mixed Apology
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-07-19 at 09:32 AM.

Lol,I doubt he is walking down the street asking to smell everybody’s hair,it is like nobody is walking up to people asking to smell thier farts,but when you are stuck in a crowd or crowded elevator or in a large group,sometimes you are stuck with circumstances.

Would you find it offensive if you were standing in a crowd and somebody told you you smell nice?

Sounds odd to say but I actually hear that being asked and the reply is always,thank you, never heard the piss off response.

I thought you were on vacation,you should be taking a break from all of this

No! LOL! I'd just say 'thank you', but I'm not easily offended in that way. Heck, I even say thank you when men hold open a door for me - always have.

Hah, I know, right [[regarding vacation)! Back to work soon. Drats... Resting and relaxing while typing though. TV in the background, popping back and forth to eBay site, browsing....

One must have their diversions. So um, not total drudgery of poli-tricks, news and what not!!

Signing off for now.

Would you find it offensive if you were standing in a crowd and somebody told you you smell nice?

Sounds odd to say but I actually hear that being asked and the reply is always,thank you, never heard the piss off response.

I thought you were on vacation,you should be taking a break from all of this
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-07-19 at 02:07 PM.

Sooner or later it was bound to happen. The democrats have politicized smelling.

This is why their political meetings are always so poorly attended. They have to stand at least four feet away from each other or they’ll never qualify to stand for President.

But at least it keeps their smell down!
    Last edited by coracle; April-07-19 at 11:27 AM.

Two More Women Allege Joe Biden Inappropriately Smelled Their Hair
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-07-19 at 12:30 PM.

Yea,I was at a senate hearing one time in Washington back in 1986 and Elizabeth Warren undressed me with her eyes,I felt so cheap and violated.

Anybody have the number for CNN?

What will really disqualify him is if obama comes out to support him [[or if he doesn’t). God! We don’t need another obama!!!

Mind you when you look at the democrats lined up to be President you have to shudder at the thought of any one of them succeeding. They’re a bunch of weirdos. None of them have anything to offer except free stuff to losers [[and illegals).

There’s an amusing cartoon on lucianne.com today showing Joe behind hillary’s head and whispering “I didn’t inhale”.

The thing is that it is early yet,I do not think that we will see any serious contenders for another six months.

Then the DNC will pick a candidate for everybody.

All this is so far is just people playing around in the sand box.

Conspicuous mass preemptive strike noted.

Your job here is overdone.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-08-19 at 10:11 PM.

Lol,I doubt he is walking down the street asking to smell everybody’s hair,it is like nobody is walking up to people asking to smell thier farts,but when you are stuck in a crowd or crowded elevator or in a large group,sometimes you are stuck with circumstances.

I think you're missing the point. I would not be offended if someone [[coworker, stranger, new acquaintance, friend) told me I smelled nice. I would be creeped out if someone other than a close friend or relative put their nose to my head and took a big ole sniff [[even the close friend would get a side-eye) That goes beyond appropriate behavior and that is what these women are saying Biden did. To rub noses with a colleague or in Biden's case, with a woman at a fund raiser is just plain weird. This goes beyond a demonstrative person who may touch your arm during a conversation or some other socially acceptable contact.

^^^ Hah! He's so done.

The actions we're questionable ten years ago for most, now it makes him unelectable.

And every time he comments on it, it's worse.

Hard to believe he was chosen for VP. I guess back then it was don't ask don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hard to believe he was chosen for VP. I guess back then it was don't ask don't tell.
    Chumpty Dumpty bragged about the pussy grabbing bit. I guess no female complained about him sniffing hairdos over hairdon'ts.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Chumpty Dumpty bragged about the pussy grabbing bit. I guess no female complained about him sniffing hairdos over hairdon'ts.

Trump should take a lesson from true-doh! and legalize prostitution. That should stop all the "pussy-grabbing", and initiate another source of tax revenue from the country's new GDP. Perhaps a free glass of locally sourced milk or some cheese snacks with purchase, eh?

^^^ Why would legalization stop all p-grabbing?

Well, wait ALL the unwanted grabbing, now I get it. Thanks.

^^^ Why would legalization stop all p-grabbing?

Well, wait ALL the unwanted grabbing, now I get it. Thanks.

LOL! You crack me up, Zach341. Yes, Trump could initiate a Federally Funded "Pay-To-Grab" program. People need to learn right from wrong, how to control themselves, and to take responsibility for their actions.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-11-19 at 11:05 AM.

He could use the #metoo movement as an enforcement arm.

Picture large groups of women with a standard uniform of woman parts on thier heads,carrying baseball bats and beating the crap out of every guy they see,just in case they made have done something in the last 30 to 40 years that some may find offensive.

I would think in a pay to grab program there would be just as many lined up as not on both sides.

Evidently CNN is “publishing” some old letters from Biden opposing the busing to desegregate students. Looks like the fix is in for Joe.

Wonder who it could be? Could it be the same source that squashed smollett’s racist “hoax” [[it wasn’t a “hoax” it was pure unadulterated racism).

When she was First Lady Michael Obama made the mistake of putting her arm around the Queen of England while visiting ,not good to touch the queen.

She is now saying it was a natural human reaction,funny how that works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2