Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^ much obliged.

My relatives have been generational farmers sinse the 1600s in this country,my uncle had a beef farm that I spent many summers and weekends working,they got regulated out of the beef industry and now have switched to flowers and vegetables.

What they had to do was erect miles of greenhouses in order to keep a controlled situation,because the open fields were becoming contaminated with GMO.

Same with family in Nebraska and Iowa.

The thing is if one purchases something labeled 100% cotton or natural foods we now have to know exactly how it was grown in order to be comfortable in that decision.

The problem is if a farmers field of corn gets contaminated and is then ground up to feed the cattle,then the cattle become contaminated without the knowledge of the farmers.

I am not anti corporation but maybe anti capitalist corporation. The problem is when corporations get to big and naturally want to control the market it gets to the point where we end up with no options.

Thankfully prevailing heads are working to put a stop to this all.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Richard's contention is that Monsanto tries to get money from people who unwittingly have their plants in their harvest. Schmeiser was found guilty of knowingly harvesting and reseeding Monsanto-patented crops. That is - he didn't accidentally plant and grow them, he did so on purpose.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/38991/index.do

Findings 125 and 126 show that this is what happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2