Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pullman Parc

Default Pullman Parc

Another new development announced for Lafayette area.

https://www.pullmanparc.com/

Sales office is situated at City Modern on corner of Brush and Edmund.

Features rentable appartments, “Parc” Homes [[similar to City Modern Carriage Homes but more variety on the smaller end) and Town Homes. TH’s are very much like the CM types at approximately the same price point.

Attached Images Attached Images          

This was announced back in November or December. Maybe the office just opened.

BTW, I was under the impression that the only rentals in this one were the two apartment buildings [[The Renato), and everything else [[Parc Homes, Townhomes, and Corner Flats) were for-sale. Is that not the case?

I think you’re right. Looking forward to seeing pricing and sales.

As Dexlin mentioned, this was announced months ago. They demolished the old school on the site about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    As Dexlin mentioned, this was announced months ago. They demolished the old school on the site about a month ago.
    Why the hell is St. Aubin a 6-lane road with a median and why has it not been dieted yet being adjacent to the Dequindre Cut? Take away the southbound side of the road and create some nice linear park space. Or better yet, create some new developments along the thin portion of land. I would dream of a few high rises mixed with mid-rise/low-rise condos.

The; if I build it, they will come, mentality ?
    Last edited by O3H; March-31-19 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    The; if I build it, they will come, mentality ?
    There's demand

Gut reaction: Flat roofs = much leakage problems to come.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    There's demand
    Can we just have one thread where we ignore his crazy ass? Thanks.

Will the interior drives [[around the parc homes) be public streets? Are they private drives? Seems like it's just an alley with a bunch of garage doors on either side. I guess they have to go somewhere.

I question how the park encircled by the parc homes will function too. Is that part of the association? Is it public?
    Last edited by hybridy; April-01-19 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Why the hell is St. Aubin a 6-lane road with a median and why has it not been dieted yet being adjacent to the Dequindre Cut? Take away the southbound side of the road and create some nice linear park space. Or better yet, create some new developments along the thin portion of land. I would dream of a few high rises mixed with mid-rise/low-rise condos.
    I am in total agreement. There is no need for this street to be this wide with a median in it. I would love to see development where the southbound lanes currently exist, with development mimicking the two-story mies van der rohe town homes that have access to the Dequindre Cut.

Some thoughts regarding the Parc development overall. I am pleased with the rental apartments facing St. Aubin, but I would not want to live in the town homes in the inner circle. The apartments block the view to the west. It just wouldn't be appealing to me to live somewhere where my view of the setting sun is totally blocked. All apartments on the outer ring and a Texas-donut parking structure or a bigger inner park would have been the course of action I would have taken for this development. But like someone will point out, I'm not the developer.
    Last edited by royce; April-01-19 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Gut reaction: Flat roofs = much leakage problems to come.
    Not that Chicago should be an inspiration for anything, but most of that city is flat roofs, including the new construction. It's all about the quality of the work and maintenance. Besides, Detroit must have thousands of homes with pitched roofs that have water issues, thousands.

So sad that the Friends School is gone.
    Having said that, this development interests me as place I might like to live. Close to the cut and its access points and a healthy walk to downtown if you're into it. Yes being blocked out by the rentals of St. Aubin isn't great, but I'm sure it means quiet in the middle of the development and the Lafayette towers may block some of that sunset anyway.
    Do developments always try to sell units before the project is done? I find that nuts buying a place you can't see, touch and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    Do developments always try to sell units before the project is done? I find that nuts buying a place you can't see, touch and experience.
    Yes, the banks financing the project require it. They want to make sure there is enough demand before they fork out the loans.

More pics of the model
    EDIT:
    tried to rotate some pics and gave up
    Last edited by SammyS; April-01-19 at 05:41 PM.

I saw 10% is a lost deposit on the Brush park Modern development, is that usually the rate if you pull out on purchase?

Thanks Sammy for the extra photos. Pretty good layout. Wondering what that transition is between the interior road and the condos. It sort of looks like a sidewalk but not quite.

I saw 10% is a lost deposit on the Brush park Modern development, is that usually the rate if you pull out on purchase?

Thanks Sammy for the extra photos. Pretty good layout. Wondering what that transition is between the interior road and the condos. It sort of looks like a sidewalk but not quite.
    You're welcome.

If you mean City Modern, then not only would you forfeit the deposit but you're likely still on the hook for the purchase. Funny enough I actually asked the builder about this and wondered if anyone had reconsidered given the delays. They told me that it would be more likely that the owners will list the completed home for resale and make some money on it. Early TH depositors have probably made >20% so far. That would clear about $200k if sold for $1M. Not bad on a $70k deposit.

Wondering what that transition is between the interior road and the condos. It sort of looks like a sidewalk but not quite.
    You mean this? Looks like greenway that could be shared with the church.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.48.30 AM.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  42.9 KB
    No, I meant the road on the inside of the development between the outer units and the units on the inside square. How that road "feels" would seem to link to the residences. If it has a sidewalk or if you step right onto the street. I would put a modern day cobblestone equivalent there instead of asphalt to add some warmth to that corridor. Alas, it's probably a cheaper project than that but if I were a large developer I'd look at those flourishes to set yourself apart from all these projects. Especially with that nice courtyard.
    Last edited by DeLemur; April-04-19 at 10:03 AM.

^^^
    Good eye. Don’t know what the rules are for a shared bike, vehicle and pedestrian walk way. Do they have to have discreet and obvious boundaries and if so, are there minimum width requirements?
    I like your cobblestone idea.

Sale on

https://detroit.curbed.com/2019/4/24...le-multifamily

I'll reiterate what I wrote on the Curbed Blog

"Love the TH’s. The major improvement over City Modern are the walk in closets. I also think these will be priced at ~$350/sqft + rooftop at $150k-$200k. I doubt the rooftop will be optional if the same rules as CM apply, that is, if your neighbor opts for it, you must also get it."

Crain's is reporting site work has begun on Pullman Parc.
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1389017988318343173

Unfortunately Hunter Pasteur has dropped the project and Robertson Homes has stepped in. The design seems to have value-engineered beyond recognition.

previous design

Current design:

https://www.robertsonhomes.com/commu...#photo-gallery
    Last edited by hybridy; May-03-21 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Crain's is reporting site work has begun on Pullman Parc.
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1389017988318343173

Unfortunately Hunter Pasteur has dropped the project and Robertson Homes has stepped in. The design seems to have value-engineered beyond recognition.

previous design

Current design:

https://www.robertsonhomes.com/commu...#photo-gallery
    The new renderings shown focus on the townhomes. I can't determine if the apartments that face St. Aubin are still scheduled to be built or not. The apartments are only shown as a non-descript grey-colored structure.

Well I guess it’s good that something is being built there, the design and the term used above as “value engineered” is an understatement, they have been reimagined in a rather simple form, probably to fit the market ..price points, and the unbelievable cost of lumber etc. right now. I’m still curious what happened to Lafayette West on the other side of the Mies townhouses , if its ever going to happen. I never did quite understand the naming of it being Lafayette West, considering it’s right near East Lafayette.The last rendering that I saw was kind of sad looking, almost look like subsidized housing. Too bad the original concept will never be built. These developments, at least on the near east side of downtown, seem to always have Mercedes visions, and end up with a Chevrolet result.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Well I guess it’s good that something is being built there, the design and the term used above as “value engineered” is an understatement, they have been reimagined in a rather simple form, probably to fit the market ..price points, and the unbelievable cost of lumber etc. right now. I’m still curious what happened to Lafayette West on the other side of the Mies townhouses , if its ever going to happen. I never did quite understand the naming of it being Lafayette West, considering it’s right near East Lafayette.The last rendering that I saw was kind of sad looking, almost look like subsidized housing. Too bad the original concept will never be built. These developments, at least on the near east side of downtown, seem to always have Mercedes visions, and end up with a Chevrolet result.
    I thought Lafayette West made enough sense, being the far west end of Lafayette Park. The most recent plans I saw from the April 2021 public meeting looked pretty good actually – seeming to be adapting to the new grid layout of the I-375 replacement project [[Nicolet Place runs through it to anticipate a direct connection to Clinton St. downtown).

The plans aren't for as tall of a thing as I was hoping for, but I dig the modular black buildings and moderate density. With the right landscaping and flora it should gel with the rest of LP.

The new Pullman Parc on the other hand – pretty forgettable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast