Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mexicantown $16M Development lastest Spinoff from Ford-Michigan Central

These positive announcements are becoming ever-more frequent. This one is slated for the Mexicantown east of the expressway aka the Hubbard Richard neighborhood south of the station. I anticipate this momentum to roll on both sides of the expressway. The rendering rates a ‘meh’ from me but good news nonetheless.
    Name:  B7303F3C-A446-4276-9C35-00A18B12AF38.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  71.3 KB

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...nt/3276579002/

I am far more interested in what the rendering shows for the May Creek Greenway. It looks like they may close off the street there to automobiles and make it a park/entryway for the greenway.

For the "new" West River Front Park to be successful it will need more infill development in the immediate area. Fast tracking [[no pun intended) the May Creek Greenway will also be important in helping the residential areas like Corktown and Hubbard Richard get through the industrial and commercial area that currently surrounds the park.

They should daylight May Creek.