Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default $20 million redevelopment announced for Milwaukee Junction block

The beat goes on, this time in Milwaukee Junction. The projects will result in the renovation and repurposing of five buildings.

• Method Development buys five buildings for $4.5 million
    • Residential, restaurant, retail space planned for 101,000 square feet
    • First phase expected to be complete by end of 2020

Name:  Milwaukee-Junction-development.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  59.7 KB

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...sletter-friday

This is a few blocks out from Woodward. This is great news to see the development moving more into Milwaukee Junction.

source

Anchoring the corner of East Grand Blvd and Oakland Street are two existing masonry shell buildings, formerly used as a Ford service station, in the eclectic and vibrant neighborhood of Milwaukee Junction. Looking to continue and expand recent developments around E Grand Blvd, this development will add new restaurant and retail options into the community along with 23 new residences in the 3-story Maurice Fox Building. Street level activation is the main driver here, reactivating the urban edge at E Grand Blvd and connecting the development 360 degrees with pedestrian amenities to revitalize the existing alley and create a new destination in Milwaukee Junction. Live/work lofts, outdoor activities, food trucks and green space will be some of the amenities lining this new pedestrian promenade.

That is a beautiful development.

Feeling more proud everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    That is a beautiful development.
    I especially like the festoon lighting. It's very in nowadays, like aioli and pinstripes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
    I especially like the festoon lighting. It's very in nowadays, like aioli and pinstripes.
    I am not criticizing your taste in lighting. It's just not my cup of tea... The Ilitch's are also doing festoon lighting on Columbia Street Mall [[if it ever finishes). It just reminds me of jumbo sized Christmas lights strung out across the street... If everyone is doing it now, I hope it doesn't look dated in the future.

Development fit for white peo--I mean Millennials.

^^^ EH, I think some people of color will be served by and enjoy this development Danny, one or two.......

I like it too. A section of Kercheval Ave. in Grosse Point has it. Really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    would this in turn be for black peo--I mean city residents?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...avenue-fashion

^^^ Isn't diversity great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I am not criticizing your taste in lighting. It's just not my cup of tea... The Ilitch's are also doing festoon lighting on Columbia Street Mall [[if it ever finishes). It just reminds me of jumbo sized Christmas lights strung out across the street... If everyone is doing it now, I hope it doesn't look dated in the future.
    Probably it will, but at least it wouldn't seem that hard to change if desired, unlike the actual buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If that's your biggest concern about the project, I'd say that's pretty great! If it does end up looking dated, how long do you think it will take to remove the string lights? An hour?

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    If that's your biggest concern about the project, I'd say that's pretty great! If it does end up looking dated, how long do you think it will take to remove the string lights? An hour?
    Yup.... about the same time and effort as to put it up....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That moat's imaginary.