Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My prediction for the Lions in 2019, The Lions will win the rights to pick Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft [[0-3 wins). If the Lions win 0-4 games, i think Stafford will be out as well as Quinn and Patricia.

This is really a make or break season for Patricia, Quinn, Stafford, and the rest of the Lions. If the season turns into the disaster that so many seem to be predicting [[6-10 or worse) then I don't think any of these 3 guys will be back, or should be back, for 2020.

It's clear that Patricia made an error in keeping on Jim Bob Cooter last season, and a lot of folks seem to be maintaining their optimism about this team based on the notion that the revamped offense has to be better than Cooter's. But I think it's also clear that Stafford has peaked and is on the downside of his career, and that even his best was not enough to get the Lions over the hump and beyond their other deficiencies. I just don't see where this team, with its difficult schedule and obvious and consistent disorganization, combined with glaring shortcomings at several key positions, can be competitive for a playoff spot. Maybe they'll surprise me, and I would guess that 8-8 or even 7-9 would be good enough to save some folks jobs, but to me it looks like about 5-11 is as good [[bad) as it's going to get.

6-10 I do not see them winning in the division. It would be Cinderella, and that’s just not the lions...

4-12 at best. What I don't understand is folks paying good money to watch millionaire jocks trying to justify their earnings. [[P.S.: They don't.)

Listening to some NFL commentator on the Fan here in Toronto last night. He said the NFC North could be the most interesting division battle between the 3 teams and then went on to explain his reasons. He ended by saying, "And oh yeah, the Lions are still an NFL Team."

I think Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers is done for. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired soon. But we're fucked regarding Chicago

I can’t see 4 and 12. Obviously, almost everything hinges on Stafford not regressing further. I have to go with the usual cop out prediction of 8 and 8. Maybe 9 and 7, not 7 and 9, they’re better then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I think Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers is done for. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired soon. But we're fucked regarding Chicago
    I don't know, Aaron Rodgers is still very talented. Even if GB is down as a team he still as the ability to put them on his shoulders.

While Chicago's defense looked great, Trubisky looked like crap. I think the games again Chicago will be close. Detroit's D line has the ability to pressure Trubisky, I think he will regress this year compared to last year.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    I don't know, Aaron Rodgers is still very talented. Even if GB is down as a team he still as the ability to put them on his shoulders.

While Chicago's defense looked great, Trubisky looked like crap. I think the games again Chicago will be close. Detroit's D line has the ability to pressure Trubisky, I think he will regress this year compared to last year.
    Chicago's O looked pretty lackluster and I was pretty surprised, but I've never thought trubisky to be that good to begin with. I just can't see GB being the top tier team they used to be. Rogers is looking pretty tired and beat up if their on-line is having a bad game he'd get pretty best up and his age isn't helping.

Same Ole' Lions can't win a simple football game. But at least they tie!!!! with Arizona blew a commanding lead, too. Bad ole' putty tats. Ties don't win games. 1 down 15 to go.

It's rare for a rookie qb to start the 1st game of the season. If he does, it usually takes half a season to get adjusted - unless it's the Lions, then it just takes half a game.

Taylor Decker stars again. I've listened to several media pundits tell their listeners the Lions need to re-sign him. No, you don't. You need to cut your losses. The supposed keystone of your OL can't have 4 penalties and 2 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same Ole' Lions can't win a simple football game. But at least they tie!!!! with Arizona blew a commanding lead, too. Bad ole' putty tats. Ties don't win games. 1 down 15 to go.
    ?? Arizona never had the lead. The Lions blew it. Up 18. A tie is just as bad as a loss, IMO. This season is a lost cause already. Arizona is one of the few games they should win. Their remaining schedule is murder.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-09-19 at 09:33 AM.

In all my futile years of Detroit Lions fandom, that may have been the most Lionsesque Lions game I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    4) Hoc is a genuinely elite prospect, the last one left on the board by 8 - and everyone behind the Lions would have taken him.
    5) I bet you would have been livid if the Lions had "allowed" Green Bay to get him
    Just sayin'. Me and Bongman may have been the only ones here to like this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by cwf1701 View Post
    My prediction for the Lions in 2019, The Lions will win the rights to pick Tua Tagovailoa in the 2020 draft [[0-3 wins). If the Lions win 0-4 games, i think Stafford will be out as well as Quinn and Patricia.
    No they won't. The Dolphins are doing a deliberately orchestrated tank job to get the #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    No they won't. The Dolphins are doing a deliberately orchestrated tank job to get the #1 pick.
    Their players think so too.
    A bunch of them have asked to be traded after that blowout loss to the Ravens.

Hey Folks "REMEMBER"...Our Detroit Lions are only in their 62nd year of Re-Building..."Rome Was Not Built In A Day"

Ask yourself; exactly what has those 2-dudes from NE brought that has made a winning "difference" other than nothing? Caldwell was 9-7 for two seasons that wasn't good enough per the GM, Patricia was 6-10 last year [[preseason 1-7).

Note: Matt Nagy/Bears went 12-4 his 1st year [[2018), prior years were 5-11 & 3-13.

The Boston Belichick winning rub-off concept is not working, time for plan-B25, maybe a magic genie lamp will work if rubbed correctly......carry on.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-10-19 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I can’t see 4 and 12. Obviously, almost everything hinges on Stafford not regressing further. I have to go with the usual cop out prediction of 8 and 8. Maybe 9 and 7, not 7 and 9, they’re better then that.
    Please forgive that previous post. I was stuffed full of cornbread and drunk as hell on kool aid. I just wasn’t thinking clearly.

I miss Monte.....
    Name:  MonteClarkPraying_original.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  17.3 KB

The answer is simple. You fans have got to STOP attending games and throwing away your good money to support millionaire jocks who couldn't pass English 101 without their athletic scholarships. I don't mean just the Lions, but the whole shebang of pro sports. It's gotten ridiculous. Fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    The answer is simple. You fans have got to STOP attending games and throwing away your good money to support millionaire jocks who couldn't pass English 101 without their athletic scholarships. I don't mean just the Lions, but the whole shebang of pro sports. It's gotten ridiculous. Fire away.
    Ray, did you say the same for Frank Sinatra? Barely literate. Tough guy wanna be. Dropout. Womanizer. Woman beater.

But he could sing even when his voice was sub-par.

He was an entertainer. Nothing particularly special about the guy except he could sing pretty well. Did you not buy his records or go to his movies?

Same thing for John Wayne who was considered a great hero by fighting the Battle of Burbank. Did you not support Wayne’s movies because he was a loutish oaf?

Nah, he was an entertainer. You didn’t resent Wayne’s paycheck because he earned it by entertaining. Same for Johnny Carson, Dean Martin or any other star, living or dead. Entertainers earn.

Sports players are entertainers.

Entertain and get paid.

If you are complaining about the money in sports, do I really need to point out that you live in Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'll take my shot as well. Nobody thinks athletes aren't overpaid to some extent and contracts like Cabrera, Stafford, etc. don't seem to give a return to the fan considering the team records. It's not as simple as you say though. Why shouldn't I pay to see a ballgame on a nice day when I enjoy it? Is punishing myself going to change things? Besides, you watch the games on tv. Teams get far more revenue from tv and use it to pay athletes than they do from ticket revenues. So turn off the set and stop being part of the problem.

And one more....Get off our lawn !!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast