Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Big question to me [[among many others) is: why do they not have a decent backup QB? Other teams don’t fall off the map when their starting QB goes down. They had Conner Cook in the preseason, he had to be better then this group they have trotted out.
    Matthew Stafford finishes the 2018 season with fractured bones in his back. I’m not saying Stafford seems fragile, but it is what it was. The Lions start the 2019 season without a competent back up QB. Stafford goes out early in the 2019 season and the Lions lose every game after he goes down - this is completely unacceptable.

so what are the predictions with the upcoming Lions vs Packers game at Ford Field?
    Are there still decent tickets left?

Matthew Stafford finishes the 2018 season with fractured bones in his back. I’m not saying Stafford seems fragile, but it is what it was. The Lions start the 2019 season without a competent back up QB. Stafford goes out early in the 2019 season and the Lions lose every game after he goes down - this is completely unacceptable.
    I hope you're not saying he's fragile because that would be a really stupid thing to say. He played in 136 consecutive games, many through pain and injuries. You can criticize his play all you want but not his desire or heart.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I hope you're not saying he's fragile because that would be a really stupid thing to say. He played in 136 consecutive games, many through pain and injuries. You can criticize his play all you want but not his desire or heart.
    Please reread my second sentence where I very clearly stated “I’m not saying Stafford seems fragile” Evidently there’s something in those 6 words that didn’t register with you.

Talking about unacceptable.....

Name:  Lions Snap.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  103.1 KB

Please reread my second sentence where I very clearly stated “I’m not saying Stafford seems fragile” Evidently there’s something in those 6 words that didn’t register with you.
    Okay. My mistake. Usually when someone uses the phrase "I"m not saying..but" it means they're implying or saying they think it may be that.
    I guess I don't understand why you mentioned it at all.

Flush another turd of a season down the toilet. And here I thought I was being overly pessimistic when I predicted just 5 wins this season, especially when they started 2-0-1. Incredible to think they could manage only one more win the rest of the year. Jeezus.

Well, the trick pass to Blough was fun to watch. The rest, not so much.

And now we can start anew.....

The Lions lost their last game, and I didn't even have to watch the entire thing.

We at least got 3rd round pick. So with hope, we begin anew with some college football players that we're going to have to convince with a big pot of cash to win games for us. Of course, we gave a big pot of cash to Matthew Stafford, and this is where it got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    And now we can start anew.....

The Lions lost their last game, and I didn't even have to watch the entire thing.

We at least got 3rd round pick. So with hope, we begin anew with some college football players that we're going to have to convince with a big pot of cash to win games for us. Of course, we gave a big pot of cash to Matthew Stafford, and this is where it got us.
    Not a Stafford hater or lover here. I think the guy is tough as nails and the best QB the Lions have had in my lifetime. He has become a pillar of the community and seems like a terrific person, there never been a hint of impropriety regarding anything with him. With that being said, the Lions have never won anything with him. He’s come up short in a lot of important games. If the Lions decided to go in a different direction at the QB position, I wouldn’t shed a lot of tears.

This is what annoys me about the 2nd half of this season. I never had any hopes that the Lions were going to be any better than the low side of mediocre. But not being able to win any game, against even bad teams, because your already-injured quarterback became too banged-up to play is ridiculous.

With a dinged-up QB in his 30s, why the hell do you not have a backup with some amount of NFL experience? There are a few guys like that floating around every off-season, but the Lions wouldn't sign one of them. Are they really so cheap to try to save a few $$ at the most important position on the field?

The Detroit Lions -- rebuilding since 1957!

how much money is there for free agents or trades? who among the players are going to be let go in the off season?
    has the schedule for next season been determined yet?

The "spin-da-wheel" backup QB & RB positions are just a few in-competencies of the current clueless GM/HC regime. How did you like their team motivational techniques w/teammates seeing elite players like Golden Tate & Quandre Diggs pink-slipped mid-season [[just 4-15 after)?

Look what Quinn inherited & did not build around: Darius Slay, Eric Ebron, Glover Quinn, Golden Tate, Ziggy Ansah, Quandre Diggs, Riley Reiff, Larry Warford, Kyle Van Noy, etc.

Bottom Line: those scrambling rookie-dudes & nobody else drove the organization into the ground after two 9-7 "winning" seasons & two playoffs in the last four seasons....carry-on.

Pat Shurmur record: 9-23 Fired!
    Fred Kitchens record: 6-10 Fired!
    Matt Patricia record: 9-22-1 Kept???
    Last edited by Smirnoff; December-31-19 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    how much money is there for free agents or trades? who among the players are going to be let go in the off season?
    has the schedule for next season been determined yet?
    No dates set, but besides the home & homes w/ Vikings, Packers, & Bears:
    Home: New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Washington
    Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    No dates set, but besides the home & homes w/ Vikings, Packers, & Bears:
    Home: New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Washington
    Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona.

Aside from the division games, and games vs playoff teams, N.O. Houston and Tennessee, typical last place schedule. If they can't go 10-6 or better, I'm really done with them.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-03-20 at 02:58 PM.

Doesn’t matter what draft picks or free agents they get. Until the culture of losing, which has been going on for decades, is changed the results will be the same. Whoever comes here and puts on a Lions jersey automatically becomes less than what they should be. Just look at how well the players that left recently are doing with their new teams. Call it a curse if you want. The Red Wings brought in 5 Russian players which helped change the culture. Maybe bring in 5 players from the Australian Football league. It can't hurt. And don’t bother saying we need a change of ownership thats not going to happen.

New Lions DC Cory Undlin/Philly Newspaper:

"There was some thought that the Eagles might move on from Undlin this offseason given Philly’s secondary struggles. The fact that he’s leaving isn’t a total shock ... but it is surprising to see he was coveted by another team".

Another barrel bottom.....carry-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    New Lions DC Cory Undlin/Philly Newspaper:

"There was some thought that the Eagles might move on from Undlin this offseason given Philly’s secondary struggles. The fact that he’s leaving isn’t a total shock ... but it is surprising to see he was coveted by another team".

Another barrel bottom.....carry-on.
    That is all the Lions can attract, not to mention he is a "good buddy" of Patricia...

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    That is all the Lions can attract, not to mention he is a "good buddy" of Patricia...
    Yes. He was with NE when Patricia was there. Unbelievable the Lions are cloning anything, that is Patriot related. Another BS hire. They'll never be the Patriots....

Note: In the past 4-years, GM "mighty-quinn" has not drafted a pro-bowler on either offense or defense. Now, they are letting him select their highest draft picks in the last 10-years.....you already know the outcome.

WDIV reporting that Matthew Stafford is on the trading block. Have not heard that anyplace else though. I think he’s the best QB the Lions have had in my lifetime, but I wouldn’t shed any tears if the team decides to make a change even though he will be a hard act to follow.

WDIV reporting that Matthew Stafford is on the trading block. Have not heard that anyplace else though. I think he’s the best QB the Lions have had in my lifetime, but I wouldn’t shed any tears if the team decides to make a change even though he will be a hard act to follow.
    Just the messenger: rumor is the "golden boy" will be on the roster if Stafford is moved so those 2 bums from NE have the best chance to make the playoffs & avoid pinky slips [[ToM BrAdy). Yep....

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Just the messenger: rumor is the "golden boy" will be on the roster if Stafford is moved so those 2 bums from NE have the best chance to make the playoffs & avoid pinky slips [[ToM BrAdy). Yep....
    Tom Brady wants to end his career with the Lions? That's hilarious.

This actually seems pretty shrewd for the Lions for once...if true. With multiple back fractures at 32, the clock is quickly ticking on his retirement...he's not Peyton Manning [[the only quarterback I've ever heard of to get through a few years with vertebrae injury), and doesn't have the lineman Peyton had so I doubt he's going to get through any season moving forward without missing several games due to injury.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13