Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 291
  1. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Bears, Packers, Vikings all lose. Stafford throws for 400 yards and the Lions lose. Lions could have made up some ground and made it more interesting. Pretty much over now for them to slip into a wild card spot.
    Sol

  2. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Bears, Packers, Vikings all lose. Stafford throws for 400 yards and the Lions lose. Lions could have made up some ground and made it more interesting. Pretty much over now for them to slip into a wild card spot.
    Lions are a joke. Those 406 yds passing, are nothing but "empty stats". They're last in defense, and have no running game. You can't be a playoff team, without those ingredients. The Raiders tried to gift the game to them, by calling a timeout, with 3 seconds left (Lions had none), and they blew it by trying to pass the ball, instead of running it. Secondly, the 2 players who were killing the Raiders for the game, Golladay and Jones, were on the sidelines for the last play. How does that happen? They try to win the game, throwing to the 3rd string TE. If they can't run the ball in from the 3 yard line, they deserve to lose. Bevell's inept play calling, rears it's ugly head again. Remember he chose to pass the ball in the SB when he was Seattle's OC, instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch? This was a game they gave away, like they always do.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-04-19 at 07:23 AM.

  3. #178

    Default

    Same ole putty tats, blew a 3rd and Goal game winning touchdown for a cheap Pop Warner inside pass play. They should had done an 'I' formation and a good running game for a TD. BAD NEWS LIONS!!! LOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS since 1991. SAME OLE LIONS!!! 3-4-1 Eight Down, eight to go!!!

  4. #179

    Default

    That was such a Matt Stafford game. Huge numbers (in large part because the team has no running game), some great looking plays, but failure to sustain a number of drives after a couple of first downs, and an ugly ending when crunch time came. Doesn't help, of course, that the defense has regressed badly throughout the season, and that the offensive play calling and personnel shifting is often terrible.

  5. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    That was such a Matt Stafford game. Huge numbers (in large part because the team has no running game), some great looking plays, but failure to sustain a number of drives after a couple of first downs, and an ugly ending when crunch time came. Doesn't help, of course, that the defense has regressed badly throughout the season, and that the offensive play calling and personnel shifting is often terrible.
    And Patricia is SUPPOSE to be a DC. Go figure.

  6. #181

    Default

    Really trying to figure out that last play call. Two linemen out, Hockenson in concussion protocol, Golloday and Marvin Jones on bench. Stafford not in shotgun. Are they trying to trick Raiders into believing they are running and would never throw to a third string tight end? So Stafford goes play action and drops back and with a rusher coming through he’s a deer in the headlights. Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes and other elite qbs sidestep that rusher and make a play. Stafford cant do that so makes no sense to try that play. I’m putting him in shotgun having him rollout till Marvin Jones gets open and firing it in his gut.

  7. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Really trying to figure out that last play call. Two linemen out, Hockenson in concussion protocol, Golloday and Marvin Jones on bench. Stafford not in shotgun. Are they trying to trick Raiders into believing they are running and would never throw to a third string tight end? So Stafford goes play action and drops back and with a rusher coming through he’s a deer in the headlights. Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes and other elite qbs sidestep that rusher and make a play. Stafford cant do that so makes no sense to try that play. I’m putting him in shotgun having him rollout till Marvin Jones gets open and firing it in his gut.
    An article in the Freep or News quoted someone as saying that it worked in practice so they thought they had a chance. This isn't the first time I've seen something along these lines. I think this coaching staff is using results from practice to gauge game readiness. I guess they don't consider the fact that a lot of things will probably look pretty in good practice when you're playing against your own defense that is absolutely terrible.

    As I've said before, Patricia seems just way in over his head. Which means that we're closed to wasting the career of the best QB we've had in 60 years after recently doing the same to the best WR and best RB we've ever had.

    This franchise really is cursed.

  8. #183

    Default

    Stafford out today. Allow me to introduce our back-up QB of the week, Jeff Driskel....while he's still standing.
    Last edited by Bong-Man; November-10-19 at 11:23 AM.

  9. #184

    Default

    Bad news Lions can't even beat the Bad News Bears! 20-13. Same ole' bad ole' putty tats 3-5-1. Oh well keep up the bad work Lions! losing games since 1991. Nine down seven to go.

    Give it up Detroiters!!! We do not have a football team anymore.

  10. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    An article in the Freep or News quoted someone as saying that it worked in practice so they thought they had a chance. This isn't the first time I've seen something along these lines. I think this coaching staff is using results from practice to gauge game readiness. I guess they don't consider the fact that a lot of things will probably look pretty in good practice when you're playing against your own defense that is absolutely terrible.

    As I've said before, Patricia seems just way in over his head. Which means that we're closed to wasting the career of the best QB we've had in 60 years after recently doing the same to the best WR and best RB we've ever had.

    This franchise really is cursed.
    Sell the team Ford!!!

  11. #186

    Default

    Don't worry folks Lions will win the Super Bowl. In about 500 years.

  12. #187

    Default

    Does Conner Cook really suck that bad?

  13. #188

    Default

    Mr. Stafford should probably sit out the rest of the season, with back-related fracture issues. Sheesh.

    Well, best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope that some reasonably priced tickets remain.

  14. #189

    Default

    This season is over. No matter what the Lions do from now on, these games will be nothing more than practices for every other team. Don't expect me to be at the game against the Packers. I already know what's going to happen.

    The Packers are going to cream em. Just like they always do.

    No surprise there.

    Ford will never sell, they don't seem to care how bad the team plays. As long as they are making money, they'll never sell.

    The only way they'll sell the team, is if the fans stop settling for a crappy team and vote with their money not to watch em. And most importantly, don't go to Ford Field at all. I'm sure that will convince the Ford Family that the jig is up.

  15. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post

    The only way they'll sell the team, is if the fans stop settling for a crappy team and vote with their money not to watch em. And most importantly, don't go to Ford Field at all. I'm sure that will convince the Ford Family that the jig is up.
    Um.....not to thread hijack......but I watched the Red Wings v. Vegas Golden Knights last Sunday here in Las Vegas. Struck me that half the stands in Detroit were empty. Attendance that bad????? Just askin'.

  16. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Does Conner Cook really suck that bad?
    Apparently. The Lions released him before training camp even started and now he's with something called the Houston Roughnecks of the "rebooted" XFL.

    He always seemed like a mechanically sound but pretty streaky QB at MSU. Definitely the best QB that program has had since Kirk Cousins (and he won more big games than Cousins). But if his slide down the draft boards, poor performance in his only pro games with the Raiders, and the subsequent chain of releases by other clubs is anything to go by, he doesn't seem to have what it takes to deal with pro-level defenses.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; November-12-19 at 12:17 PM.

  17. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Mr. Stafford should probably sit out the rest of the season, with back-related fracture issues. Sheesh.
    I sure hope so. No need to take chances with a 30+ year old QB behind a poor offensive line in a lost season. Matty will want to come back, I'm sure, but that injury sounds like rest and recuperation would be the best thing for it, and like something that definitely could get a lot worse very quickly.

    Only things to be decided now anyway are draft position and the fate of Patricia. Being able to say that he didn't have a healthy Stafford might be the best thing to happen to his current career prospects.

  18. #193

    Default

    RIP Charles Rogers. Saginaw High & Michigan State star, NFL overall #2 draft choice. Broke his collarbone twice as a Detroit Lion, followed by a struggle with addiction problems exacerbated by the painkillers the team medical staff got him for his injuries. He was out of football within 3 years. Then the Lions came after him in court for his money...

    Dead at 38.

  19. #194

    Default

    Stafford should try to remember that being able to walk at age 40 is more important than playing football.

    Sit down. The season is over.

  20. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    RIP Charles Rogers. Saginaw High & Michigan State star, NFL overall #2 draft choice. Broke his collarbone twice as a Detroit Lion, followed by a struggle with addiction problems exacerbated by the painkillers the team medical staff got him for his injuries. He was out of football within 3 years. Then the Lions came after him in court for his money...

    Dead at 38.
    Really a terrible story in so many ways. You give a 20 year old kid a lump sum 14 million dollar signing bonus and the money is all gone within a few years. Didn’t he have anybody in his life, family, former coach’s at MSU or friends who had his best interests at heart? I don’t care how many kids he had with how many different women he went through enough money for 10 lifetimes. I heard he passed away from liver and lung disease, I’ve read he was a heavy marijuana user, I wonder if there’s any connection between the marijuana and the lung problems.

  21. #196

    Default

    I wonder where the lions are? The old Dick Purtain show used to play this song a few years back when they were having a bad year.
    Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where the Lions Are - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Lpx6JIMmk

  22. #197

    Default

    Hmm... I notice where Colin Kaepernick will be auditioning in front of some teams including the Lions. He has to be rusty but could be an attendance booster for some teams with nothing to lose [Like the Lions? ] or if he should perform up to his peak skills a game changer.

    Go for it or forget it? Thoughts?

    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ut/4184131002/

  23. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    RIP Charles Rogers. Saginaw High & Michigan State star, NFL overall #2 draft choice. Broke his collarbone twice as a Detroit Lion, followed by a struggle with addiction problems exacerbated by the painkillers the team medical staff got him for his injuries. He was out of football within 3 years. Then the Lions came after him in court for his money...

    Dead at 38.
    Not to mention Cassius Winston's brother Zachary, dead at 19, in what appears to have been a suicide. Tragic couple of days for sure.

  24. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Not to mention Cassius Winston's brother Zachary, dead at 19, in what appears to have been a suicide. Tragic couple of days for sure.
    The Zach Winston story is just crushingly tragic. Especially since Cassius Winston has been such a positive presence at MSU, at a school, and in a program, that badly needed some positivity. Reportedly Zach was the same way at Albion, but was obviously also in some other level of pain. Heartbreaking what Cassius and his family are going through right now.

  25. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Really a terrible story in so many ways. You give a 20 year old kid a lump sum 14 million dollar signing bonus and the money is all gone within a few years. Didn’t he have anybody in his life, family, former coach’s at MSU or friends who had his best interests at heart? I don’t care how many kids he had with how many different women he went through enough money for 10 lifetimes. I heard he passed away from liver and lung disease, I’ve read he was a heavy marijuana user, I wonder if there’s any connection between the marijuana and the lung problems.

    I would think so. Anything you inhale would have a effect on your lungs, whether it has chemicals or carcinogens or not.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.