Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Same ole Lions losing games since 1991.

Way to go Lions. Keep on losing Texans 30 Lions 23!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Anybody think those two dudes from Boston will be around next year?

Name:  Rank.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  67.7 KB

Who is our Commissioner this year?

I miss the days when we had our own playpen to discuss all things Lions, a space far away from the prying eyes of the uninitiated, the uninformed, the unbaptized.

But that aside, who is our Fearless Leader and when will the official season prognostications be entered into the ledger?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Who is our Commissioner this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

I miss the days when we had our own playpen to discuss all things Lions, a space far away from the prying eyes of the uninitiated, the uninformed, the unbaptized.

But that aside, who is our Fearless Leader and when will the official season prognostications be entered into the ledger?

Asking for a friend.

This is the 2019 Lions Thread. It's all encompassing, so feel free to leave your prediction right here where it belongs.

I'll start.....
    Normally my season predictions range from 10-6 to 6-10. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 4-12. I look at it this way. The Lions offensive line got taken to town by two teams in the North, Minnesota & Chicago. I don't see anything that occurred to change that during the off-season except supposedly losing your best lineman [[Lang). One injury to the O-line and Stafford's running for his life again. I watched Taylor Decker let another guy get to the QB untouched last week. 'nuff said. Your two skill guys are RB Johnson and WR Golladay, and history suggests neither will complete the season. At this point in his career, Stafford has a 50/50 shot of rebounding from an off year, or he's now on the decline. We have a new offense, the same unproven rookie coach, and a GM who has proven nothing. 2nd year rebound ? I say decline, and I beg to be wrong. Just looking at the schedule dictates a 1-4 start.

I'll say one thing positive. It's very early, but it seemed to me that our 1st round pick was the most coordinated and athletic guy on the field for our offense during the last game.

Are there tee shirts still available that declare:
    DETROIT LIONS
    REBUILDING SINCE 1957

Pre-season week#3 power ranking:

After two rough weeks in the preseason, it’s not hard to believe that the Lions aren’t going to rank very high on anyone’s power rankings. So it wasn’t any surprise that NFL.com put the Lions at 26 in their latest power ranking. It shouldn’t surprise you either.

Lions are going to the super....Lions are going to be in the Play...Lions are going through a rebuilding phase just being honest. Can't even get my hopes up this year. I will be watching for fantasy points only. Still tailgating and yellin' same ole Lions!!!

7-9, everyone keeps their jobs. SOL.

On a more positive note, at least Stafford is out there after Patricia was so cryptic about it, and he looks solid.. not that preseason looks matter.

However, Davis is likely out for the season, probable Achilles injury. He wasn't great to begin with, but losing a starter still hurts.

Buddy Parker, Bobby Layne, Doak Walker, Leon Hart, Les Bingamon...... Where are you guys when we need you sooooooo bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Buddy Parker, Bobby Layne, Doak Walker, Leon Hart, Les Bingamon...... Where are you guys when we need you sooooooo bad?
    There was some type of Bobby Layne curse. I’m not sure of the particulars, but I think it’s come true.

SAME OLE' LIONS, BAD OLE PUTTY TATS! LOST FOR THE THEIR THIRD GAME AGAINST THE BILLS 24 to 20 Their season is done already !!!

After watching all of the pre-season injuries, missed blocking & tackling, zero offense, & the excessive penalties.....appears ESPN's ceiling forecast below is wishful;

ESPN Stats & Information ran 10,000 Football Power Index simulations for every NFL team for the 2019 season and determined that the Lions’ record ceiling was 9-7 and that the floor was 5-11.

According to the data, 90 percent of the simulations fell between nine wins and five wins.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; August-25-19 at 07:24 AM.

Better defense, tougher schedule.
    I say 8-8

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    SAME OLE' LIONS, BAD OLE PUTTY TATS! LOST FOR THE THEIR THIRD GAME AGAINST THE BILLS 24 to 20 Their season is done already !!!
    I won't say that the season is done already.

When the Lions went 0-16, they won all of their preseason games.

So I will not say that the Lions season is already written in stone. After all, preseason games aren't counted, and they are nothing more than practices between teams that are televised for the fans to see.

I'm going to be generous with my predictions:

9-7 for the season.

This is what I'm hoping for. Even though they have never went to a Super Bowl, and have won a few NFL championships before the curse of Bobby Layne, the team has little excuses for why they aren't winning other than their own incompetence.

The curse of Bobby Layne was only suppose to last 50 years. Those years are over. The Lions have no excuses now. They have to start acting like a winning team, and they have to play like one.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    Lions are going to the super....Lions are going to be in the Play...Lions are going through a rebuilding phase just being honest. Can't even get my hopes up this year. I will be watching for fantasy points only. Still tailgating and yellin' same ole Lions!!!

The only bowl they'll be in, is the "Toilet Bowl" Their schedule is murder.

Way to finish the pre-season. Putty tats Lions 0-4. [[CLEAVELAND 20 LIONS 16) Keep on losing!! Waiting for 0-16.

OH well!! [[sigh) Same Ole' Lions!!!

Now who is going to cut from the Lions?

6-10 in another year of boundless entertainment.

Patricia is 1-7 in the preseason & 6-10 in the regular season.....how is that winning?

Do you think their [[GM & HC) return flight to Boston will be a direct flight [[non-stop)?

NFL Power Ranking Week-1
    Lions: 22
    - "Matt Patricia can’t hid behind the guise of being a first-year head coach anymore".

NFL Front Office Ranking
    Lions: 21
    - "Bob Quinn has done a nice job in adding offensive and defensive lineman the last few years, but overall the roster is bland. The hiring of Matt Patricia to bring in a winning culture hasn't worked yet either".

ESPN Simulation
    - Detroit Lions will start the season 0-11.
    - The NFC North, according to ESPN's projection:

• Packers: 13-3 [[also the best record in the NFL)
    • Bears: 8-7-1
    • Vikings: 7-9
    • Lions: 4-12
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-04-19 at 01:14 PM.

Move along, nothing new to see here, keep moving.....

NFL QB Rating
    - Matt Stafford: 26th [[89.9)

- Passing Offense: 20th
    - Rushing Offense: 23rd
    - Kick & Punt Returns: 29th
    - Conversions: 21st
    - Drive Averages: 24th
    - All Pros: 0
    - Attendance: 20th

Any thoughts on who will be the new GM & HC next year?

That was under Jim Bob Cooter, who had no business ever getting the coordinator job. Patricia made a lot of mistakes in Year 1, but keeping Hayseed around was probably his most glaring. I'm cautiously optimistic that these numbers improve.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast