Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 274
  1. #201

    Default

    Go for it. Colin and the Lions could be a comeback story for the ages.

    RIP Charles Rodgers. Your docile nature and aimlessness to an early end pains us all. Rest in Peace.

  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Hmm... I notice where Colin Kaepernick will be auditioning in front of some teams including the Lions. He has to be rusty but could be an attendance booster for some teams with nothing to lose [Like the Lions? ] or if he should perform up to his peak skills a game changer.

    Go for it or forget it? Thoughts?

    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ut/4184131002/
    With Kaepernick you have a guy who sacrificed everything for his belief that America has a problem with law enforcement treating minorities as expendable.

    These last three years, since the kneeling started, we have seen countless incidents that strengthen Kaepernick’s ascertain.

    Whenever you can hire a man with that kind of character you should take advantage of the opportunity.

  3. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    With Kaepernick you have a guy who sacrificed everything for his belief that America has a problem with law enforcement treating minorities as expendable.

    These last three years, since the kneeling started, we have seen countless incidents that strengthen Kaepernick’s ascertain.

    Whenever you can hire a man with that kind of character you should take advantage of the opportunity.
    It’s been 3 years, there have been teams that needed OB’s, he’s been out there and not picked up. Was there an edict going around that he was not to be signed?

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    It’s been 3 years, there have been teams that needed OB’s, he’s been out there and not picked up. Was there an edict going around that he was not to be signed?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3237678002

  5. #205

    Default

    Yes, the league colluded to deny kaepernick of his livelihood. In fact, they acknowledge they did and paid Kaepernick and Reid $19 million in an out-of-Court settlement.

    Oh, the original reason the league gave for firing Kaepernick: harsh language.

  6. #206

    Default

    Based on the above comments I hope the Lions sign him. You deserve him.

  7. #207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    Go for it. Colin and the Lions could be a comeback story for the ages.
    While the guy was clearly blackballed and still deserves a fair shot, he's now 31 and hasn't been taking reps in practice for 3 years. There have to be better back-up qb's out there.

  8. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    While the guy was clearly blackballed and still deserves a fair shot, he's now 31 and hasn't been taking reps in practice for 3 years. There have to be better back-up qb's out there.
    He's not quite ancient in quarterback years. Plus he's played in a Super Bowl. Have the Lions ever had a qb that's played in a Super Bowl?

  9. #209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    While the guy was clearly blackballed and still deserves a fair shot, he's now 31 and hasn't been taking reps in practice for 3 years. There have to be better back-up qb's out there.
    Yeah I wonder what he's been doing physically. Guy could play before though.

    We could go with Johnny Manziel

  10. #210

    Default

    Same ole Lions!!! Still losing games. Can't even round up the Cowboys 35-27 3-6-1 Ten down six to go. Bad ol' putty tats. They are done!!!

  11. #211

    Default

    Lions do not need Kaepernick! Keep him out!!!

  12. #212

    Default

    The Leo’s have several enigmas going on this season for sure. This week was no exception.

    Offense is hanging around making that side of the ball interesting even minus Stafford. Did they find a RB in Scarbrough just sitting on top of the trash heap just waiting to be picked up? How can a defense actually be defensive with a non existent pass rush? Did Patiricia really get a BS in aeronautical engineering from RPI? The 2 point attempt down by 8 in the 4th says maybe they give those away in the bottom of cereal boxes out there on the east coast...

  13. #213

    Default

    What I find amazing is the amount of knowledgeable people who were buying in on this team having turned it around when they opened the season 2-0-1.

  14. #214

    Default

    We wore our white away uniforms at home for the first time in 49 years. Why ?....and who made that decision ?

  15. #215

    Default

    Yeah, they started 2-0-1 then for some reason didn't adjust the rest of the way. Then knowing that Stafford was obviously hurt didn't allow the back up QB reps with first team? It's just bone head decision after bone head decision that makes it hard to root for this team. It starts at the top. Then yesterday I noticed we have a mobile quarter back that they want to be Stafford (non-mobile). Had a clean path to a first down chose to throw it away multiple times. Only when they were down was he allowed to run. I think the back up has more to offer than Stafford.

  16. #216

    Default

    Bring back Wayne Fontes. Get him out of retirement, he was 12 & 4! THAT’S 12 WINS & ONLY 4 LOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!Name:  wayne.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  74.2 KB

  17. #217

    Default

    A line of Detroit Lions Head Coaches that SUCKED after three years After Wayne Fontes:

    1. Bobby Ross
    2.
    Gary Moeller
    3. Marty Mornhinweg
    4. Steve Mariucci
    5.
    Dick Jauron
    6.
    Rod Marinelli
    7. Jim Schwartz
    8.
    Jim Caldwell

    They all sucked!!!






  18. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Lions do not need Kaepernick! Keep him out!!!
    Hire Kaepernick. Might as well. Alternate games with him and Stafford next year. Stafford should rest for the remainder of the year. Back issues are no joke.

  19. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    A line of Detroit Lions Head Coaches that SUCKED after three years After Wayne Fontes:

    1. Bobby Ross
    2.
    Gary Moeller
    3. Marty Mornhinweg
    4. Steve Mariucci
    5.
    Dick Jauron
    6.
    Rod Marinelli
    7. Jim Schwartz
    8.
    Jim Caldwell

    They all sucked!!!





    Caldwell has the highest winning percentage of any HC in franchise history, 36-28 believe it or not. So he doesn't deserve to be on your list. He got the shaft, for going 9-7, two straight years, and the Lions made the playoffs, 3 out of his 4 years here. But it wasn't enough. Quinn said 9-7 won't cut it. Go figure.. I'd be willing to bet, that Patricia and Quinn will never achieve those heights, and they'll probably get to stay for another year of mediocrity.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-19-19 at 04:33 PM.

  20. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Hire Kaepernick. Might as well. Alternate games with him and Stafford next year. Stafford should rest for the remainder of the year. Back issues are no joke.
    Lions don't have the guts, to sign Kap. The Lions don't have guts period....

  21. #221

    Default

    It seems like we’re just doomed anymore with our professional sports teams, horrendous picks for staffing, unbelievably high salaries paid to certain people who basically just seem to feel they don’t need to perform if they don’t feel like it, some who just consistently seem to be making sure they get injured throughout most of the season, just plain bad management overall.

  22. #222

    Default

    Mike McCarthy is out there. No guarantee he would take the job with this sad sack franchise, but I would sure try and get him before some other team does.

  23. #223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    We wore our white away uniforms at home for the first time in 49 years. Why ?....and who made that decision ?
    The Cowboys' management doesn't like their blue uniforms and the franchise has traditionally considered them to be bad luck. Dallas is the only team in the NFL that always wears their whites at home, and they avoid wearing the blues whenever possible. However, teams that host the Cowboys will often choose to wear their whites at home, thus forcing Dallas to wear their 'cursed' blues.

    Silly, I know, but that's the reason. Didn't seem to help on Sunday.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; November-19-19 at 01:26 PM.

  24. #224

    Default

    Name:  Lions.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  94.0 KB

  25. #225

    Default

    It's better to laugh then to cry.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.