Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

I echo the sentiments on Kelly Stafford. I wanted Christian Wilkins. Can’t use a tight end if your defense can’t get off the field.

In the 2nd round, Quinn decided he knew more than the rest of the NFL. The first player taken from Hawaii in 4 years....a guy who ran a 4.86 when healthy, and missed almost half of last year with a shoulder injury. ESPN wasn't dissing the Lions by blowing off the pick.....they didn't have any film clips available.

In the 3rd round they moved up to take a Safety that was projected to be a 5th - 6th round pick on most team's draft boards.

Aren't we lucky to have such a smart GM that knows more than the rest of the league ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    In the 2nd round, Quinn decided he knew more than the rest of the NFL. The first player taken from Hawaii in 4 years....a guy who ran a 4.86 when healthy, and missed almost half of last year with a shoulder injury. ESPN wasn't dissing the Lions by blowing off the pick.....they didn't have any film clips available.

In the 3rd round they moved up to take a Safety that was projected to be a 5th - 6th round pick on most team's draft boards.

Aren't we lucky to have such a smart GM that knows more than the rest of the league ?
    I feel like this is a common theme with Lion GMs, always thinking that they are the smarter person in the room. Then we end up with bust city.

Same ole Lions since 1991.

5-11 this year no play-offs this year folks. Sorry!

That second round pick is a real head scratcher. I didn't like the first round pick very much, but at least he was a legit first rounder. This guy Tavai from Hawaii they took in round 2 though is a guy who almost certainly would have been around to be taken in a later round, and perhaps even as an undrafted free agent. Why spend a second round pick on him when there were so many higher rated players left on the board?

Time will tell, but so much of the time the Lions' "geniuses" seem to only outthink themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Your opinion, you're entitled to it. Oliver was high on a lot of teams board. I would have taken the best defensive player available. A TE's value isn't worthy of being a top 10 pick, If he turns out to be the second coming of Gronk, then I digress. Josh Allen would have been the pick, if he wasn't taken ahead of the Lions. Jacksonville got another demon that has to be dealt with.
    1-4 are purely fact-based. check Oliver's stature compared to others in that position, watch some film. My opinion is that the size issue will be more of a liability going up against the adults instead of college kids. He's very athletic, and smart.

Well, the draft has come and gone and it really didn’t produce anything worthy of discussion other than some familiar version of ‘Again? What the hell are they doing?’ but where do they find these guys on the national scene who are willing stick their reputation on the line and say positive things when comparing Leo’s to other teams in the league? Do they all meet somewhere and draws straws? Someone has to take the bullet? One things for sure it’s never the same guy twice...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ys/3693016002/

I don’t want to sound like captain obvious or a broken record but this has got to be the year for a playoff appearance and a playoff win. Nothing less then that is acceptable as far as I’m concerned. The old mans been dead for a while, Stafford has been here for quite a while. The time is now, not next year.

Well, the Las Vegas sports books like the Pats to win it all at 6 - 1, the Rams at 8 - 1, the Chiefs at 10 - 1, and...........down the line.........the Lions at 100 - 1. But take heart, they are above the Dolphins at 200 - 1.

Then there's the Tigers to win the World Series at 300 - 1, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I don’t want to sound like captain obvious or a broken record but this has got to be the year for a playoff appearance and a playoff win. Nothing less then that is acceptable as far as I’m concerned. The old mans been dead for a while, Stafford has been here for quite a while. The time is now, not next year.
    Since when have the Lions ever done anything acceptable? 1991. So this don't gotta be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, the Las Vegas sports books like the Pats to win it all at 6 - 1, the Rams at 8 - 1, the Chiefs at 10 - 1, and...........down the line.........the Lions at 100 - 1. But take heart, they are above the Dolphins at 200 - 1.

Then there's the Tigers to win the World Series at 300 - 1, but I digress.
    Tigers are expected to be in the toilet as they are rebuilding. The Lions are suppose to be in a "win now mode," yet their incompetency keeps them at the bottom of the league. Pathetic.

Report out now that Stafford was playing with broken bones in his back last year. We all know he’s a tough SOB but you have to wonder if this is true, why he was still starting when they were out of contention. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Report out now that Stafford was playing with broken bones in his back last year. We all know he’s a tough SOB but you have to wonder if this is true, why he was still starting when they were out of contention. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Makes no sense to me either, and I'm baffled that the Lions would allow Mike O'Hara, one of the team's employed reporters, to break it.

This is a LOSE LOSE situation all around.

If the Lions medical staff knew Stafford had broken bones in his back and kept clearing him, it looks bad for the organization, and the coaching staff. Imagine if you were a free agent considering the Lions and you heard this report - no bueno.

If Stafford and his medical team put him out there in a precarious position, the whole lot of them should be fired. Period. It's not like Stafford doesn't know about risky medical situations, witness his wife.

IMO - this is a PR hit piece by the Lions, the first of many to come, designed to make excuses for the previous season and cast hope for the season to come. "Our quarterback played last season with a broken back" will be their excuse.

If this season doesn't go well, they'll blame it on Stafford's "recovery" and talk hopefully about 2020.

What a Mickey Mouse organization. If you continue to give your money to this team, there is no hope for you.

2019 Detroit Lions

9-7 barely made the NFC Wild Card game which its not a legal playoff game. And lose by second round of the play-offs.

Stafford needs to leave NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    2019 Detroit Lions

Stafford needs to leave NOW!
    Yesterday, or the day before!

All this media hype nonsense is just that, apparently with his broken back healed, now they are superbust bound, sure/right/yep/wtf?
    Last edited by Smirnoff; June-19-19 at 08:43 PM.

Off to a great start? 31-3 Embarrassment right out chute and on home field. The drought goes on.

It was a preseason game with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers, who gives a shit?

Same ole' Lions. The offense was horrible. And the Defense is like playing flag football. The fans cried BOOOO at Ford Field.

Just to be sure that their football careers are on the line. Their pre-season for the prospects could be their last season. The Lions will keep those who can play football and leave your commitments in the closet.

Last year they got torched by the Jets rookie QB Sam Darnell first game of the season, Monday night football at Ford Field. I was at that one, it was UGLY, until 75% of the crowd left beginning of the 4th quarter.

This year they open up against Arizona at Arizona, who I’m going to assume are going to play their rookie QB Kyle Murray. Lions should be favorites for that one as they were against the Jets. It would be nice to start off the season with a win this year.

Lions should sign Kaepernick, but they're far too stupid and conservative.

Lions should sign Kaepernick, but they're far too stupid and conservative.
    Kaepernick will never play in the NFL again. I think that's a foregone conclusion.

What the hell is wrong with Conner Cook? Is he really not even good enough for the practice squad?

Ok, ok....while just a worthless "scrimmage" game, it was still a great opportunity to "show" the owner, critics, & fans the embarrassing work ethic of their money-waste-summer-training program.

It was also nice to see the HC & GM rub shoulders with their former team, all indicators point they will be welcomed back home like the failed others, soon.....
    Last edited by Smirnoff; August-11-19 at 09:41 AM.

So...apologies in advance, I don't want to pick on a down team, really.

But.....I had to laugh out loud, when I saw this, on the Facebook feed of the head of the new Bridge Crossing [[his personal account).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast