Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The best ever $1 store purchase. ?

For me, the hair/dog brush I toss every six months when full.

Body spray at 1/10 the cost of Axe.

Once in a while needle nose pliers if they look good.

And large Betty Crocker tubs for my exploding Chunky Soups.

A 24oz Silverdome glass mug. And a car ashtray !!! [[Not at the same time).
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-09-19 at 11:52 PM.

Throw in party supplies, small plastic storage items, some school supplies and the metal food tongs!

Awesome!! cleaning spray

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Awesome!! cleaning spray
    Yes, that too!

To those in the area, the dollar store at John R and Auburn has great prices on spices. 10x the amount for $1 vs Kroger.

Beware - not all prices are $1.

Two years ago the local Big Lots had dollar bags of Mello's Chicago Mix [[50/50 cheese popcorn and carmel corn). Bought 2 bags, but this stuff was like crack, the wife and I couldn't get enough, started buying 6-10 bags a trip! I've had other Chicago mixes, but Mello's is far and away the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    Two years ago the local Big Lots had dollar bags of Mello's Chicago Mix [[50/50 cheese popcorn and carmel corn). Bought 2 bags, but this stuff was like crack, the wife and I couldn't get enough, started buying 6-10 bags a trip! I've had other Chicago mixes, but Mello's is far and away the best.
    And they sell these as well. Had to stop going because it was becoming an addicition.

https://www.ruralking.com/media/cata...-2860594_2.jpg

https://nuts.com/images/auto/510x340...5c927c285c.jpg
    Last edited by Maof; March-14-19 at 07:15 PM.

Awesome is a classic dollar store cleaning product!

For a while there Dollar Tree carried the Betty Crocker brand red topped plastic storage bins of varied sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Yes, that too!

Dateline - Rottenchester.

In the same vein, there is a B2 outlet store close to me. They do Costco and Sam's Club over runs. I went there looking for cargo pants, and came back with weather proof duck cloth jeans, flannel lined, for $10. And 90$ worth of Craftsman quality hand tools for my car, for $11.

And three pair of magnetic mechanics gloves for $11. [[I checked prices for years!) It's like having a crack house in my neighborhood.
    [[if I did crack ). Let's face it - I'm a tool junkie.

A large variety of goods, from snow blowers to backscratchers. Check it out - across the street from Rochester High School. In the Kroger strip mall.

And no - I'm not affiliated with them at all. If I was, then I would get a 20% discount - even worse!!
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-17-19 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    ... there is a B2 outlet store close to me....
    There's a good reflection of a Google Street View car in their window.

Ha - do I get a discount on the camera car? I always wanted one.
    It would creep out my neighbors driving back and forth and parking in front of their house !!
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-17-19 at 12:56 PM.

Speak of the devil, just walked by there on the way to Kroger and bought my convertible cargo pants with a web belt for $10.50, and a 2 piece Orvis lounge set for $15. That's as close as I'll ever get to pajamas. Got more discounts at the checkout.

I felt like a teenage girl on a shopping spree.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-17-19 at 04:47 PM.

Greeting cards! They carry Hallmark and American Greetings brands, but only 50 cents or $1.

Ziploc bags! Especially the jumbo size. Great for using when I pack for the one- and two-week vacations and want to organize within the suitcase, especially when we fly.

Christmas candy and disposable decorations. Why pay more?

Two bottles of water, Poland Spring, the caps unbroken.
    Deep East Chinatown [[the Manhattan one), sometime 2005-2008.
    We shared them.
    Everywhere else I'd been in Manhattan one cost $1, at least.
    Last edited by bust; October-01-20 at 10:39 PM.

Worst $1 purchase was more than $1 and one I refused: an apple, at a bodega [[not the latin kind), on W 23rd St in Manhattan. Almost $2. Around 2001.
    Hate that place. Never went back.
    Last edited by bust; October-01-20 at 10:39 PM.

I bought a plastic wide bottom coffee/travel mug with lid more than 25 years ago. It has survived 1000's of trips in the microwave and still works like new. I use it just about every day.
    I wish all dollar store stuff were that durable.

Awesome! spray cleaner. It eats through anything

^ I love that cleaner. Also once in a while Dollar Tree features Spring Rolls in their frozen section: made of simple ingredients in the USA. Great to for a fast dinner addition or lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I bought a plastic wide bottom coffee/travel mug with lid more than 25 years ago. It has survived 1000's of trips in the microwave and still works like new. I use it just about every day.
    I wish all dollar store stuff were that durable.
    I had to SMILE when I read your post. I also bought a fairly large unique looking coffee mug at a dollar store many years ago. ..it is still my go to mug whenever I'm going out, and it still functions like brand new 👍