Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Skilled Trades Center Coming to Detroit

More facilities need to be created like this. Many skilled trades organizations over the decades have dispersed from much of a direct relationship with Detroit proper.

More relationships need to be established with Detroit teens to be trained here.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...de/3055215002/

Good news. Desperately needed and a refreshing alternative to useless overpriced liberal arts degrees in colleges that indoctrinate and radicalize impressional youth.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Good news. Desperately needed and a refreshing alternative to useless overpriced liberal arts degrees in colleges that indoctrinate and radicalize impressional youth.
    Yes. I read both Bernie Sanders and Osama Bin Laden taught at community colleges.

True, this is really good news that this is happening, I guess you just can’t win anymore, either you educate somebody at liberal arts colleges or you educate them at some overpriced religious university that brainwashes and radicalizes students in a whole different direction. I guess you pick your poison on either count. Be nice to see someone concentrate on trades

Unless they go to Hillsdale or Liberty, right?

The scare tactic of "LEFTIST COMMIE PROFS MOLESTING OUR YOUTH" is such a fucked up and fantasy mentality.

I have a liberal arts degree from a large public university. Out of the probably 2 dozen or so profs I had only 1 professor that was anywhere near "militant leftist" that the Faux News crowd like to propagate and I dropped his class because of how cliche and angry he was and he had miserable scores on Rate My Prof. Even in my political science classes, it was about the subject at hand not some attempt to make us join the IWW.

In fact, one engineering 101 [[basically engineering for liberal arts students) prof I had brought in a climate change denier!

We never got to the indoctrination part, because we were too busy talking about what would be on the test or, you know, learning the subject.

And I don't think radicalize here means what it does in the rest of the world, unless I missed all the English major suicide bombers.

I suppose you got that from the Fox News Channel?

Higher ed is big business. Teachers and guidance counselors need to tell kids about opportunities in vocations and in skilled trades and stop telling them they'll be failures unless they get a four year college degree. Politicians always want to investigate “big pharma” or “big oil.” How about investigating “big education?”
    Last edited by Pat001; March-06-19 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    ... Politicians always want to investigate “big pharma” or “big oil.” How about investigating “big education?”
    Or "too big to fail" banks or, wait. There's a big pattern forming here.

The right wing obsession with politics being behind every subject is exhausting to say the least. Such fear of everything at the end of the day.

Fox News is a business. They exist to make money. If Fox News doesn’t use fear tactics or sensationized click bait material, their viewership would go down. Subsequently, their resulting Ad revenue would also decrease, and they would not make as much profits. Again, just like any cable channel, Fox News is a business that makes money “entertaining” their viewers.