Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Egyptian Food

Default Egyptian Food

I know there are lots of Lebanese type restaurants around, but does anyone know a place that serves Egyptian food like such as koshari, fateer, molokheyya etc?

crawford Guest

I'm assuming Bay Ridge, Brooklyn is too far?

Their Little Cairo is supposedly the largest Egyptian community in the U.S.

I would imagine Warren Ave. in Dearborn is a good start. I realize that Dearborn, while heavily Arab, does not have a tremendous amount of Egyptians, but there have to be some places along Warren.

Sludgedaddy Guest

As recommended by Sir Graves Ghastly, Morgus The Magnificent, The Ghoul and Count Scary, as well as such out of town visitors as The Cyrpt Keeper and Bela Lugosi, Try the place called Karloff's Sarcophagus. Excellent Tanna leaves just like Mummy used to make. You really can get wrapped up in this place. Also the hieroglyphics in the men's rest room are hoot , especially the dry humor.

There is a Coptic church in Troy and one in Windsor. The one in Troy is fairly big. If you called them they could probably tell you if there is restaurant in the area.