Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Don't just come into Macomb County talking that shit. Cause it go down.

"Macomb County's top two elected officials are at war.

County Executive Mark Hackel and Prosecutor Eric Smith, both Democrats, at separate news conferences Monday — 30 minutes and six floors apart in Mount Clemens’ county administration building — called for investigations of each other's offices over allegations of misspending.

Hackel said he will ask the Michigan Attorney General's Office to conduct a criminal investigation of Smith's spending of millions of dollars in drug and alcohol forfeiture funds.

Smith, at a news conference held a half hour earlier in anticipation of Hackel's announcement, said he wants the Macomb County Board of Commissioners to approve forensic audits of "millions of dollars in contracts" he says Hackel's office has handed out without "legislative oversight or approval."

Smith said he also wants the county board to approve a forensic audit of Treasurer Larry Rocca's office."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...or/2983897002/

Civil asset forfeiture is a scourge, no matter what they do with the money.

Regrets I've had about moving out of Warren and Macomb County five years back: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Regrets I've had about moving out of Warren and Macomb County five years back: 0
    That's good to hear.

Regarding Smith and Hackel, let’s have a total audit of both their departments expenditures and hold them accountable if there is any mis spent dollars. Forfeitures and the various departments fighting over the proceeds really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hackle is a clown or rather a hack, why is it that Macomb has the shittiest leadership other than Brooks Patterson?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    “It was a good place to come from in that it was a good place to leave.” - Robert Mapplethorpe on Floral Park, Queens, but I apply it to growing up in Macomb County.

I feel like someone stepped on some toes and they are in a pissing match. Is Hack that stupid to start something like this not thinking they are gonna take a peek at him also. Politics and back hand deals make me sick. Its widely known and unfortunately accepted. If we had all the money that's wasted the streets could be paved in gold.

The ill gotten gains from actual large quantity drug dealers
    should be confiscated, turned over as revenue in that community.
    Asset seizure "should" exist for those caught in large scale busts.

Two politicians playing with other peoples money [[tax payers and drug dealers). Pissing in each others cheerios about who is the most corrupt. I think we are hitting a new low.

And now Spranger's back in the news.

Ex-Macomb County clerk Karen Spranger could be in trouble again
    According to news reports, Warren police received a call Tuesday from the 78-year-old victim who reported she had been assaulted by Spranger, who has been acting as the woman's caretaker. The victim told officers Spranger had thrown her to the ground of her apartment following an argument....

In addition, the victim told officers Spranger stole money from her purse, totaling about $1,800 and stole her debit card, according to a WWJ-AM [[950) report. The victim said Spranger yelled and belittled the elderly woman.
    Aye carumba!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    And now Spranger's back in the news.

Ex-Macomb County clerk Karen Spranger could be in trouble again

Aye carumba!
    Spranger definitely comes across like she has some kind of mental illness.

Macomb county is like the armpit of Michigan. How can the voters keep electing these buffoons?

Because voters don't do their homework - the voters are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Or that's what they want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bibs View Post
    Two politicians playing with other peoples money [[tax payers and drug dealers). Pissing in each others cheerios about who is the most corrupt. I think we are hitting a new low.
    Washington DC: "Hold my beer"

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    I feel like someone stepped on some toes and they are in a pissing match. Is Hack that stupid to start something like this not thinking they are gonna take a peek at him also. Politics and back hand deals make me sick. Its widely known and unfortunately accepted. If we had all the money that's wasted the streets could be paved in gold.
    Most people would be happy if they were just paved with concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Hackle is a clown or rather a hack, why is it that Macomb has the shittiest leadership other than Brooks Patterson?
    Agreed. Hackle is all smiles and nothing else. Eric Smith may be cocky but at least he has some substance behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    I think there must be some or a lot of truth to that.

Hackle seems to get into a lot of political feuds. First Fred Miller and now this guy?

Oh my, what are we going to do with the all the money they find ?