Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default R Kelly arrested - faces multiple sexual abuse charges

R. Kelly turns himself in to Chicago police after being indicted on sexual abuse charges

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/22/enter...ent/index.html

From article:
    ...Singer R. Kelly was placed in handcuffs as he entered a Chicago police station Friday night, hours after he was indicted on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse -- a class 2 felony -- involving four alleged victims.

His attorney, Steve Greenberg, said Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx succumbed to public pressure and that his client is an innocent man.
    "I think all the women are lying," Greenberg said.

Kelly didn't speak to the media.

Judge sets R. Kelly's bond at $1 million in sexual abuse case

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/23/enter...day/index.html

R Kelly spends another night in jail because he cannot come up with the $100,000 bail...
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-19 at 10:13 AM.

I can't believe that the papers are full of scandal stories about people I never heard of before. But, then, I'm old.

Chicago's really hitting it in the hollywood and entertainment news lately [[Kelly and Smollett)!

Who’s R. Kelly? Never heard of him. Siri tells me he’s a singer, songwriter, record producer and former Basketball pro. And he can’t find a mere $100k to get out of jail free!

Should have got a spot on Empire.

His music style/ writing/ producer was mostly R&B with some rap, or RAP with some r&b depending on your take on it or interest.

A very nice song [[withstanding his crimes) remains 'I believe I can fly' played at some b-day, graduations parties, weddings etc.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-19 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    A very nice song remains 'I believe I can fly'
    I agree. I listened to it, and it’s very melodious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    His music style/ writing/ producer was mostly R&B with some rap, or Rap with some r&b depending on your take on it or interest.

A very nice song [[withstanding his crimes) remains 'I believe I can fly'
    Did you see the "Surviving R. Kelly" documentary? It's a must watch and it is why these charges are being brought to light. This guy has been doing this stuff for years and was acquitted in 2008 for similar activities. His own daughter ratted on him. As of now, he can't post bail which is fine by me.

No, it's on my list, but I've heard about him. There's even a Detroit connection as he had an illegal relationship with then underaged Aliayah Haughton.

I think he's going to do so time in jail, oh well. Bye!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaliyah

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Did you see the "Surviving R. Kelly" documentary? It's a must watch and it is why these charges are being brought to light. This guy has been doing this stuff for years and was acquitted in 2008 for similar activities. His own daughter ratted on him. As of now, he can't post bail which is fine by me.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-19 at 04:40 PM.

Last edited by Zacha341; July-12-19 at 08:03 AM.