Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Jussie Smollett arrested - faces charges for alleged false report

From article:

The "Empire" star allegedly filed the report with police on January 29, saying he was assaulted by two men, including one who was masked. They allegedly yelled racist and homophobic slurs, tied a rope around his neck and poured an unknown substance on him.

At the time, police said they were treating the attack against the black and gay actor as a hate crime.

But in the weeks since the alleged attack first made headlines, the narrative has unraveled with several twists, transforming him from a victim to a suspect in three weeks...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/enter...day/index.html

From article:

The actor's lawyers said he "enjoys the presumption of innocence," particularly in light of what they called leaks of "information, both true and false."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-crime-n973036

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...others-attack/
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-19 at 08:29 AM.

It sounded suspicious pretty much from the get go. What the hell was he thinking? There goes his career.

Notice the differences,if anybody had said anything from the start they would have been labeled a homophobic racist.

But yet when the other fake story came out everybody wanted to punch and kill the kid.

I guess the moral of the story is,no matter what it is probably best to reserve judgement and allow the investigations to run their course.

In a perfect world it sounds good,but unlikely to happen.

If it out as fact,I think there should be more serious charges then filing a false police report,people in the past have been jailed because of that stuff,and had to fight to clear their name.

I had some reservations from looking at the letter sent. That seemed fake, but I decided to wait for more information to come forth.

If he faked all of this it's really bad as it mocks the situations where hate crimes/ racism actually happen! How selfish.

Selfish for sure and dumb. He actually wrote the two men a check for their "services" . Talk about a paper trail.

Yeah and it did not take much for them to start talking it seems. Having come from Nigeria, I'm sure they're not willing to burn for this.

Let's make a DEAL or let's apply the pressure TIME!!! The hot seat usually loosens lips... that sink ships!

Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-19 at 08:25 PM.

And he's STILL denying it. I was watching something on it last night and they showed a clip of him crying about the attack and how it humiliated him, etc and then how he cried while denying it to his cast mates on Empire. The people who were showing it were like "He's crying real tears over this; how could he be lying?" He's an ACTOR people; it's what they do for a living. It's why I don't ever believe all the tears and sorrow at the Oscars or Emmys.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett's apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn't add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he'd be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

"Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization," said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. "He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It's hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us."

https://babylonbee.com/news/jussie-s...ut-of-thin-air

Satire.

^^^ Hah! I like the way that was written.

Jokes aside, this case is so disturbing if true [[false claim) as for one it makes a mockery of actual racism specific to African Americans [[the noose) etc.

Smollett's allegations 'checked' off several boxes: historical lynching artifact [[noose), Trump, homophobia, racism, violence, MAGA hat wearing, etc. It was almost too many boxes.

As time ensues the wagons that initially circled about him are breaking up.

The wake of this, if fraudulent, speaks to a wider issue of who's the person or persons [[going forward and looking back) determining and rationalizing the need to force a 'consent', so specific, for personal and political allegiance.

These are indeed ugly times.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-25-19 at 08:20 AM.

Chicago police chief angry over alleged Smollett hoax

https://www.apnews.com/fac8abf87fa4431aaf0e0abce6f67c22

From article:

...Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson took it personally when detectives determined that “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett allegedly lied about being the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

...“I know the racial divide that exists here. I know how hard it’s been for our city and our nation to come together. And I also know the disparities and I know the history,” Johnson said. ”‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career.”
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-22-19 at 05:25 PM.

In addition to the "noose" aspect, it was initially reported that there was a "chemical" poured on him, allegedly bleach, but that factoid disappeared quickly after he was hospitalized, presumably because they found nothing on him. Also, after the severe beating he took, he had one cut under his eye and nothing else discernible. I know it was reported that he had broken ribs, etc, but I wonder who disseminated that info; his people or the hospital?

Just as Jussie Smollett's story seems to be coming apart at the seams, there is a litany of unproven possibilities being assembled by the right. I'm not saying they are false but they are unproven. They include the possibility that Kamala Harris is Jessie Smollett's aunt. So far, no one seems to have been able to document that interesting possibility. Just because Jussie's mother's maiden name may have been Harris doesn't prove that relationship. Harris is a common name. My insubstantial research found that Kamala's only sister is Maya Harris who only had a daughter. It seems unlikely that such a detail could be suppressed in an election race. However, this link does provide photos associating Jussie, his sister, the Obama's, Kamala Harris and Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx. Even if Kamala Harris was Jussie's aunt, it wouldn't establish any guilt on Kamala Harris' part. Kamala, however, claimed to personally know Jussie when she posted on Jan 29 . "@JussieSmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know." Maybe her quote just proves she didn't know him very well.
    Last edited by oladub; February-23-19 at 11:27 AM.

^^^Last name as related? Next they'll will say we all [[black people) look alike!

There's a litany of bull and lies coming from both sides: to manufacture 'consent', gain currency from the media, sway political priorities, incite and fuel racism, further enrage those already on the edge, and self enrichment.

Let nothing get in the way of a good narrative is the justification!

The end justify the means - some will argue [[the very presence of Trump made him do it) so therefore hard to pin judgement as we will see further.

The media for the most part cares that if it bleeds it leads!

Hoaxes will have us in a race war in additional to real incidences, but for some that IS the desired outcome. Bring it down baby...
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-19 at 07:42 AM.

The funny thing for me.....at age 82.....is that all these sensational announcements of famous folks doing stuff......it that I've never ever heard of any of them.

In fact, I think the last time I heard of "people stuff" was when Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis split. Seems like yesterday.

I miss Jerry. Spent many happy minutes with him in Las Vegas. Really. But don't ask.

You’re absolutely right Ray. There really is a dearth of real class people around in today’s society; so the “news” has to make them up to stay in business themselves.

Even the oscars can’t find a suitable host. The only way they’re going to get people to watch that show is to get a real class person like Donald Trump to emcee it.

Who the hell is Smollett?
    Last edited by coracle; February-24-19 at 07:23 AM.

"The only way they’re going to get people to watch that show is to get a real class person like Donald Trump to emcee it."

LMAO!! Not really.

If it bleeds, it leads... the dailym picture show.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-25-19 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    You’re absolutely right Ray. There really is a dearth of real class people around in today’s society; so the “news” has to make them up to stay in business themselves.

Even the oscars can’t find a suitable host. The only way they’re going to get people to watch that show is to get a real class person like Donald Trump to emcee it.

Who the hell is Smollett?
    He's a very nice looking young man who can sing quite well with a starring role in Fox's "Empire"; the show took off like a rocket a couple years ago. It's a music based soap opera that's on at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    "The only way they’re going to get people to watch that show is to get a real class person like Donald Trump to emcee it."

LMAO!! Not really.
    I can believe that.

It’s difficult to accept humor based in reality when you’re a democrat, except through your A. What else have you got to use?
    Last edited by coracle; February-24-19 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    He's a very nice looking young man who can sing quite well with a starring role in Fox's "Empire"; the show took off like a rocket a couple years ago. It's a music based soap opera that's on at night.
    You mean the “very nice looking young man” who racially faked his own mugging by white guys in masks and MAGA hats by using “Nigerians” and swore to god it was the truth. Oh! THAT “very nice looking young man”.

Now’s his opportunity to really “sing quite well”.
    Last edited by coracle; February-24-19 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    You mean the “very nice looking young man” who racially faked his own mugging by white guys in masks and MAGA hats by using “Nigerians” and swore to god it was the truth. Oh! THAT “very nice looking young man”.

Now’s his opportunity to really “sing quite well”.
    You asked "Who the hell is Smollett"; I gave you a thumbnail sketch. I didn't realize you wanted me to voice an opinion of what he did, why he did it and what I think should happen. Having done an extremely asshole-y thing doesn't change that he's a good looking singer from TV

^^^ I can't argue with that A is A in terms of his profession...

I wonder if the show Empire will write his character out completely or replace him with another actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ I can't argue with that A is A in terms of his profession...

I wonder if the show Empire will write his character out completely or replace him with another actor?
    They have already wrote him out of the last two shows.

^^^ Yikes! So much for that cash flow stream.

He was making $125,000 per episode or $2,250,000 per season,typical of actors and actresses who are so full of themselves and always wanting more.

Of course his mommy and daddy were making up to $250,000 per episode but they were the lead stars,they should have spanked him when he started to get to big for his britches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast