Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Campus Ballroom on Fenkel demolished

The Campus Ballroom, a strikingly beautiful [[but substantially decayed) 1920's-built music/dance venue named for its proximity to the University of Detroit, has been demolished.

Here is Google Streetview of the Building

Some information about the building is below:
    http://www.detroiturbex.com/content/...pus/index.html

Does anyone have any more information or memories about this building.

My sounds like good times back in the day per that dtex link!

I'm sad; I drive by there with a fair amount of frequency and always thing about how beautiful it must have been and wonder if someone will fix it up someday. I guess not, now. It still had beautiful bones

I can’t believe how long it took for the city to tear that block down. It’s been totally falling apart for decades, I cannot ever remember any life in that building.

^^^ Sad for sure. Looks like a bit of life was starting to sprout from the roof. Baby ghetto-palmetto trees probably.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-19 at 04:15 PM.