Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default GM's first electric bicycles are available

Bikes Bikes Bikes Bikes
    Pre-order yours now

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...0214-ariv.html

https://www.techspot.com/news/78762-...der-today.html

They'll sell you a bike, just as fast as a car , they want your MONEY

Last edited by O3H; February-15-19 at 09:04 PM.

The other day I heard Harley Davidson is planning an electric motorcycle. That should be interesting. It sounds like a jet engine?

Where does GM assemble the ARIV bicycles? I infer it is in Europe. Will bicycles be included in the new tariffs that may be imposed upon vehicles coming to the US from Eurpe. The price of these GM bicycles is shown as 2800 to 3400 Euros.

Looks the same as the old chimpanzee bicycles used at the Detroit Zoo show.

Attachment 37588

When gas hits $5 per gallon and insurance rates double
    the animals will starts pedalling and doing tricks on 2 wheels

I'm not a bike person by any means but that is one physically attractive bike!

The ebike market has rapidly expanded, and to be honest it seems to be getting rather crowded. I like the looks of these GM bikes, but the price point is kind high when all you appear to be getting above a standard Ebike is the sleekness of internal cables and some add on electronics such a Bluetooth. I purchased a Rad-Mini folding Ebike last summer for less than half of the what these GM bikes are listed. The Rad Mini has similar ratings for distance and a 25% higher top end speed for less than $1500 delivered. It's also built using many standard off the shelf e-bike parts, so if something breaks or goes wrong you can pick up most parts anywhere. I'm not sure where one would get parts or service for one of these G.M bikes. Perhaps the typical $135 an hour and d/stealerhip rates for factory parts?