Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That’s right, Warren Buffet wears cheap suits, drives a 15 year old Cadillac, has been living in the same modest house for decades but flys around in his own private jet. I think all the talk about his frugality is a bunch of bullshit.
    I do not know,is a jet cheaper then maintaining multiple staffed offices and massive towers,a house one pretty much spends most of the time sleeping in so size in that case proably does not matter,it is unlikely a national salesman would be tooling around to meetings on a Vespa,so in his case it could be more economical to jet around.

As much money as he has made investors in the past he could proably show up in a 20 year old blue dress and nobody would care.

Disclaimer,I use his company for commercial insurance,because it was cheaper then private car insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ...your comment implied you didn't find her to be good looking...
    That may be true. But that doesn't mean I think negatively of her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    That may be true. But that doesn't mean I think negatively of her looks.

I respect your expression. I also think if you had refrained from a sidewinding comment on her physical appearance and chosen to comment on her choice of garment as a no go, it might have looked better.

What is worse, really? To comment on someone's choice of a dress, or her physical appearance?

As participants in a social forum, we are all now doing what caricaturists or political commenters, or fashion editorialists have been doing for millenia, em... I mean Melania.

If a politician can't take the comment on her dress, than she won't be handling the other, denser stuff that comes her way.
    I woudln't tell someone, anyone really that their choice of dress is poor, unless I knew the person well, and surmised that the comment wouldn't hurt the person in question.

But a politician has to be groomed or helped along to understand that their presentation is important in delivering a message. Likewise, the target of caricature, and other commentary is fair game unless really insulting. I don't think less of your Governor, in spite of this minor glitch, which I assign to inexperience. Besides, she is a looker. I can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I do not know,is a jet cheaper then maintaining multiple staffed offices and massive towers,a house one pretty much spends most of the time sleeping in so size in that case proably does not matter,it is unlikely a national salesman would be tooling around to meetings on a Vespa,so in his case it could be more economical to jet around.

As much money as he has made investors in the past he could proably show up in a 20 year old blue dress and nobody would care.

Disclaimer,I use his company for commercial insurance,because it was cheaper then private car insurance.

I tend to be more environmentally conscious these days, so I use my private jet less and less.

I don't see a post you made that refers to her bellybutton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Yes, it's visible as she was walking in or out of the auditorium. At least that's what I thought it was. Go back to my previous post.

Besides, she is a looker. I can say that.
    And again, I can say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And again, I can say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You can say that again, which you did. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I don't see a post you made that refers to her bellybutton.
    click on the free press article i posted and scroll down. there should be a picture.

Yes, it's visible as she was walking in or out of the auditorium. At least that's what I thought it was. Go back to my previous post.
    OK, I saw it now, but I honestly believe that this is because of the way that dress photographs.

I tend to be more environmentally conscious these days, so I use my private jet less and less.
    Whatever he flys in,whether his or not,the same amount of fuel is being burned and if people were really that invironmentally conscious they would take the train and not fly.

He actually owns NetJets,which is a shared ownship company so he does not really have a personal private jet.

So was the blue dress made with invironmental friendly materials?

Big Moustaffa clearly expressed she looked fine in the dress before & after she ate the 5# burrito.....

If a governor's wardrobe is Michigan's worst problem, we must be doing very well indeed.

Yea, Michigan! <sigh>

click on the free press article i posted and scroll down. there should be a picture.
    Yep, shadow is visible. She's not a model-thin woman, no. But certainly not obese! Cameras add 10 or 15 joyful lbs to everyone.

Since women continue to judged by different standards than men [[and no, I'm not a third-wave feminist ----) a fitted, short black tailored jacket, buttoned mid-drift over the dress would have concealed this. Dresses that cling showcase alot. Short black jacket, buttoned = no b-b shadow.

PS. Nice dress IMO - wouldn't mind having in my wardrobe...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...ch/2873299002/
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-19 at 01:40 PM.

At least she did dress like a lady,it seems like usually women are more critical of what other women wear.

With most men some nice stockings and a little cleavage and she could be wearing a burlap bag and it would not matter.

I agree with her sediment of out of shape men judging women but on the other hand one sees a lot of women with out of shape men.

Her curves message is a good one though,some do not perfer Twix sticks on legs and like they say,for every drop dead gorgeous woman there is somebody out there tired of her crap.Where the heart is lasts longer then ones subjective views.

I wasn't around much back then .... did people get all flustered over Granny Jenny's frocks?

^^^ I remember hearing that. No pleasing anyone. Just wear a blazer pants suit and be done with it. Hah!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-19 at 04:10 PM.

People here saying she has a "pot belly" are creeping me out, keep that body shaming to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I wasn't around much back then .... did people get all flustered over Granny Jenny's frocks?
    I met her at that State of Michigan Building on the Blvd. Cadillac something or other, she was surprisingly tall. Didn’t look like there was an ounce of fat on that lady.

Governor Granholm generally wore a blouse and black blazer, so instead of picking at her wardrobe, they concentrated on shaming her for having a mole on her face.

I think that her blue dress looked nice on her. She is just a full figured woman who is and also dresses down to earth with no fanfare. Those are the qualities that I want in a Governor. It shows that he is all about business and not trying to win a fashion show or be on some type of glamour magazine.

At least she didn't wear a codpiece. Imagine the outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I have no idea what "Snyder's Scuba Outfit" is code for
    Lol, no code, just a goofy campaign ad.

It wasn't the comments on her dress that she objected to; it was Fox2 doing a story on the comments and reposting them all, even anonymous ones, that were very insulting, including some about "nice cans" and then trying to pass it off as an anti-bullying story.
    I respect your expression. I also think if you had refrained from a sidewinding comment on her physical appearance and chosen to comment on her choice of garment as a no go, it might have looked better.

What is worse, really? To comment on someone's choice of a dress, or her physical appearance?

As participants in a social forum, we are all now doing what caricaturists or political commenters, or fashion editorialists have been doing for millenia, em... I mean Melania.

If a politician can't take the comment on her dress, than she won't be handling the other, denser stuff that comes her way.
    I woudln't tell someone, anyone really that their choice of dress is poor, unless I knew the person well, and surmised that the comment wouldn't hurt the person in question.

But a politician has to be groomed or helped along to understand that their presentation is important in delivering a message. Likewise, the target of caricature, and other commentary is fair game unless really insulting. I don't think less of your Governor, in spite of this minor glitch, which I assign to inexperience. Besides, she is a looker. I can say that.

Don't know how I missed that one. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Lol, no code, just a goofy campaign ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    People here saying she has a "pot belly" are creeping me out, keep that body shaming to yourself.
    This might be the grossest thread in DetroitYes history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast