Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Wouldn’t it be nice if DYes hosted a member party so we can all meet face to face? I think it will help to tone some of the comments down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Bloomfield Village ———-
    2018 average sold price : 908,365.00
    List price: 940,921.00
    Average days on market :64
    Average square foot: 3509
    Hey, those are Midtown prices from 3 years ago

Speaking of biking options in the D I found this link below [[it provides bike and walkability map and indicators):

Bike Map and Parking
    The Detroit Greenways Coalition has led efforts to update the bike lanes and trails on Google Maps. Not only does this provide an up-to-date map, it also makes Google’s bike and walk directions work better. When creating those directions, Google will try to route cyclists and pedestrians onto trails or roads with bike lanes. It’s not a perfect science, but it’s getting better.... [[see link for more).....

detroitgreenways.org/bike-map-and-parking/

detroitgreenways.org/joe-louis-greenway/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    $100 a month gym membership? Who's paying that much? Yes, I miss cycling for recreation when I did it.
    Sigh... my wife did for a while at Lifetime Fitness...

I convinced her it was better to buy some free weights and a treadmill and we eventually canceled.

Lifetime fitness has high-pressure sales and they make quitting difficult. They literally wouldn't let my wife cancel her membership over the phone. I had to get on the phone and tell them to cancel the membership or I'd file fraud charges the next time it showed up on my credit card.

If you want a full-featured facility, they're great. Otherwise, stay clear.

^^^ Planet fitness. Not perfect but affordable. Locations vary in customer service, equipment, hours open, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Planet fitness. Not perfect but affordable. Locations vary in customer service, equipment, hours open, etc.
    I agree that is a much better option than Lifetime. Sometimes in marriage you pick your battles. After a few months of Lifetime I tracked how often she went there and told her what her price per visit was. When faced with data she realized it wasn't worth it. She's much happier with her treadmill now that was disgustingly expensive.

The Detroit Bike etc.... When to choose a single speed bike...
    https://detroitbikes.com/blogs/the-b...-the-bike-blog

Older MT article: Keith Crain thinks people in Detroit can't bike in winter
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...-in-the-winter

You can do Lifetime for about $60-$70 a month, but not at the fancy-pants location at Long Lake-Telegraph. I believe the new Equinox is even more expensive.

But, yeah, Planet Fitness is much better if you don't need all the classes and amenities. Lifetime is pretty good for families though. They have free daycare, and family memberships aren't much more than individual.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice if DYes hosted a member party so we can all meet face to face? I think it will help to tone some of the comments down a bit.
    Used to. It was a great forum bunch ten years back. Some of you newbies missed out. Sigh.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. We know where we stand on most positions in certain issues in metro Detroit.

I think it would be great to see how we would react if we saw each other outside the screen.

Just let us know when.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You can do Lifetime for about $60-$70 a month, but not at the fancy-pants location at Long Lake-Telegraph.
    Metro Detroit Lifetime locations [[excluding Bloomfield) are $75 to $89 per month for an individual membership.

Until 3 years ago we did have annual DYES picnics on Belle Isle. For some odd reason, the truly obnoxious members on this forum would never show up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Until 3 years ago we did have annual DYES picnics on Belle Isle. For some odd reason, the truly obnoxious members on this forum would never show up!
    Did you ever show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Did you ever show up?
    Yup... met a lot of nice folks... many sadly gone... Sumas, her husband, Gannon, Gnome, Blueidone, Kathleen, Cub, Zach341, Danny, Lowell, etc. I went to one picnic about 14 years ago... and one of the real jerks on this forum was named Jelk... and that was my first picnic.... I asked around if he was there... and people pointed him out to me... well being 6'3", I'm no shorty... so I went up to him and asked him if he was Jelk... he timidly said "no, I'm Jeff". HA!
    Last edited by Gistok; February-14-19 at 02:06 PM.

I would go for that. It's bern awhile since we all met up.

Stromberg2

So we'll see you all in the parade ? What style will you be on ?

Curious about a certain brand/type
    https://www.cargobikefestival.com/ex...am/exhibitors/
    Last edited by O3H; February-19-19 at 11:41 AM.

Perhaps we will have self-driving cars soon.

Awesome idea, if you a. have the ability to peddle, b. can withstand extreme weather situations to do so. I'd also suggest reflective clothing at night, considering how fast and distracted some drivers are going!

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    So we'll see you all in the parade ? What style will you be on ?
    Curious about a certain brand/type
    https://www.cargobikefestival.com/ex...am/exhibitors/
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-20-19 at 09:59 AM.

The cargo bike exists NOW, today, - not in the future, not a dream.

People set up cargo bike shops in Detroit about 5 years ago

http://wearemodeshift.org/couple-to-...hop-in-detroit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4