Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default John Dingell dies

R.I.P John Dingell........

Thank you for all you've done. You will be missed.

https://amp.clickondetroit.com/news/...dies-at-age-92

A great congressman. RIP Dean
    Last edited by Maof; February-07-19 at 10:30 PM.

Thank you for all you did for multiple generations of my family. RIP Mr. Dingell

A fighter for the average guy... R.I.P.

A great and legendary Congressman who fought for Detroit, Suburbs and Michigan--and won.

Labor Day 2013.
    Name:  Dingell-G11-12182.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  151.9 KB

Campaign Rally in 2012
    Name:  Dingell-Taylor-42106a.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  134.2 KB

A good man, who fought the good fight. He always did what he thought was best for his working people, regular citizens, and representative democracy. Even when you didn't fully agree with him, you knew that he was wrong for the right reasons, and would tell you straight why he was doing what he was doing. On his way out he was still fighting and thinking about what was the best way to govern in the interests of regular people, as in this editorial that was published just 2 months ago.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...rnment/577222/
    Last edited by EastsideAl; February-08-19 at 02:47 AM.

RIP. He saw a lot of history. He was a page in the House when FDR made his post-Pearl Harbor speech [["a day which will live in infamy"), worked on both Medicare and Obamacare, and became a Twitter sensation in his 90s.

John Dingell, I salute you for being a long lasting politician.

Rest in peace Mr. Dingell. May others see the need and continue your affable, good nature as the lubricant to our political differences.

You will be missed, I work at the medical center that bears your name, the countless people and veterans you fought for and was a loud voice in moving the facility to Detroit proper. You will be known for your goods works may you rest in peace.

RIP John Dingell.

Here is a wonderful tribute to John Dingell... "there has been a Dingell representing Michigan for 86 years and counting"...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/bob-sc...-john-dingell/
    Last edited by Gistok; February-11-19 at 01:10 AM.

While I'm not a big fan of his politics, I do truly believe that he fought for what he believed in. Too bad more politicians weren't like that. RIP