Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Sitting here with a 2 month old kitten in my lap

Despite the tribulations in my life, I have to smile when she demands my attention.

"Only the Lonely....dum dum dum dum dee doo wah"

Just testing if simple pleasures are permitted.

Mine just hit three months

Maybe silly, but makes life bearable.

it's like having a tiny, furry, cute clown running around

Agreed. So amazing to see life evolve.

Kittens- meh. If you go to the rabbit building at the State Fair they let you pet a baby bunny.

Kittens are lovely Claws and all.

Here is another precious, clarifying activity. Volunteer to hold disadvantaged newborns and infants at your local hospital. It can make many things clear.

i played santa at a children's shelter one year -- great feeling except one kid was afraid of men with beards

ccbatson Guest

Try a puppy...it is like a kitten X10,000.

Puppies don't use litter boxes, bats. I'll stay with my cat.

ccbatson Guest

X10,000 good and bad.

Lorax Guest

I have three in my menagerie, one is a three month old Calico kitten, the other two are 4 1/2 years old.

Really amazing seeing the kitten running around, leaping like a gazelle, back legs moving faster than the front ones!

Kind of like Batts does today, as an adult of his own species.

Kittens are hilarious when their back legs go too fast and they end up running sideways.

Yet, they should get their own laps and their own jobs.

Are we supposed to have our tombstones read, "He loved all g-d's creatures and gave unto them unselfishly" instead of "He hoarded material goods"? Perish the thought.

Our cat has been quite tolerant of us since we rescued her a few years ago, as long as meals are prepared adequately and in a timely manner and her schedule is adhered to. Sleep in? I think not. Read a book? Acceptable only if she can sit next to us, or on our lap.
    A loving and kind pet, she immediately adopts the personality of Regan MacNeil when the annual veterinarian visit is made.
    But she makes us smile daily, and draws a hearty laugh every week or so with her antics...
    Last edited by Bobl; September-01-09 at 07:49 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Try a puppy...it is like a kitten X10,000.
    i've had both. kittens are still FAR more entertaining, and puppies aren't any cuter

We have some very tall grass [[probably close to 3 feet tall) in the pasture next to our barn. One day, I was standing by the barn looking out over the field, and suddenly, from down in the long grass, two 5-month-old kittens lept skyward to try to catch a butterfly that had passed above their heads. It was hysterical to watch, as they tried to catch the butterfly. One second, you'd see them, and the next second they'd be back down in the grass. Kittens are definitely the most fun animal babies to watch.

Batsonia seems to be such a colorless place, as everything seems to be just black or white.

he suffers from randian psychosis, and clearly needs help

dogs, cats, guinea pigs, tarantulas, mamosets, all have their charms. I revel in every animal I see [[except pigeons) and never get tired of watching them
    Last edited by rb336; September-01-09 at 01:12 PM.

Every once in a while I see a praying mantis on my back porch, and wish I could take it in as a pet. They're so graceful. I draw the line at the occasional black widow spider that finds its way into my bushes, though.

ccbatson Guest

Puppies are far more interactive and expressive [[they appear to smile and even laugh). Kittens are a diluted form. However, puppies are way more troubling and destructive.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Puppies are far more interactive and expressive [[they appear to smile and even laugh). Kittens are a diluted form. However, puppies are way more troubling and destructive.
    Well, bats do too.....

Except in this forum.

Kittens are cool. The problem is that they grow up into cats.

If I could just get mine to quit licking her a$$ while sitting on my bed!

Jams,

I very much enjoy your posts. You have a way of bringing lifes simply pleasures to the forefront. I happened to read your lightning bug thread after having one of the worse days of my life.

Well done. Well done indeed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast