Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Your claims are far from accurate. You “forgot” sizable Jewish populations in Huntington Woods, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Birmingham, Franklin, Farmington Hills, Commerce Township, Berkley, and Southfield.

Furthermore, Ann Arbor has half a dozen Jewish religious institutions, a large in state as well as east coast Jewish student population, and the most famous deli in the state.
    Do people like to argue just for arguments sake? Apparently the answer is yes.

Read before making a fool or yourself responding. I never listed every single community in where there are more than two Jews. I listed the only places where Jews have a "huge presence" [[ie the majority or something close). There are barely any Jews in Berkley or Bloomfield Hills, and the rest are probably all below 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Read before making a fool or yourself responding. I never listed every single community in where there are more than two Jews. I listed the only places where Jews have a "huge presence" [[ie the majority or something close). There are barely any Jews in Berkley or Bloomfield Hills, and the rest are probably all below 10%.
    Bscam, you’re absolutely brutal. Your claims about Bloomfield Hills and Berkley are completely wrong. Furthermore Huntington Woods is 65% Jewish. What are you trying to pull here?

Pop quiz - real bagel are boiled, right ?
    Careful, your answer may segregate you.
    I mean Panera has bagels available everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Careful, your answer may segregate you.
    I mean Panera has bagels available everyday.
    I think the tastiest bagels are boiled at some point during their production. Please visit Detroit Bagel or New York Bagel. However, Panera, Tim Hortons etc will do in a pinch though. Haven’t been to that place on Michigan Avenue West of downtown.

List of kosher restaurants in the metro Detroit, last updated in December.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    A real bagel is boiled, then baked.

A bagel topped with lox, onion and some capers is a meal to behold!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncledave54 View Post
    A real bagel is boiled, then baked.

A bagel topped with lox, onion and some capers is a meal to behold!
    You forgot the cream cheese but you’re absolutely traveling down the right road.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You forgot the cream cheese but you’re absolutely traveling down the right road.
    Name:  DfKL_yPX4AAAaPG.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  35.9 KB............

By the way, you've previously claimed to have grown up and gone to high school in Bloomfield [[Hills or Township?)...yet you don't know there's a "huge Jewish presence" there?

You are proving to not be who you claim you are...

Bscam, you’re absolutely brutal. Your claims about Bloomfield Hills and Berkley are completely wrong. Furthermore Huntington Woods is 65% Jewish. What are you trying to pull here?
    Lol. I want a source on that 65%. HW has a large Jewish population but it isn't fucking Kiryas Joel.

This is the second time in this thread someone made a bold claim and didn't back it up [[the first poster then used a source that didn't support his/her claim)

What is hilarious is that Bham is right - Metro Detroit has a relatively small Jewish population yet for some reason that makes everyone FREAK OUT.

Did you guys like, not go to school or go to some alternative school where you didn't have to cite your sources?

^ I was kinda wondering the same thing when I posted the links but yet somebody still could not comprehend what was right there in bold print.

Is there a study, with a link,that shows the correlation between not going to school and not posting links?

I'm kind of in the middle on this one after thinking about it more. Though he probably should have handled it much differently, I'm not sure I disagree with his intent. As I understand it, this is basically a feels-good, puff piece touristy type publication that promotes the city. Not a hard hitting dramatic newsmagazine. Maybe not squelching the story that's already known, just not wanting the drama in that particular municipally funded publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ I was kinda wondering the same thing when I posted the links but yet somebody still could not comprehend what was right there in bold print.

Is there a study, with a link,that shows the correlation between not going to school and not posting links?
    I asked a question. Typically you don't cite questions because...what would you cite, yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Lol. I want a source on that 65%. HW has a large Jewish population but it isn't fucking Kiryas Joel.

This is the second time in this thread someone made a bold claim and didn't back it up [[the first poster then used a source that didn't support his/her claim)

What is hilarious is that Bham is right - Metro Detroit has a relatively small Jewish population yet for some reason that makes everyone FREAK OUT.

Did you guys like, not go to school or go to some alternative school where you didn't have to cite your sources?
    Jesus, do you not get out much? Most people know the make up of the area, but the fact that you're asking for a source and claiming that Bham is right shows that you're very much in some kind of bubble and don't know what you're talking about. Talk about bold claims, not backing claims up, and being poorly educated! You are the one that freaked out and have made a complete fool of yourself on this matter. This isn't hilarious, it's sad.

Metro Detroit has one of the 30 largest Jewish populations in the country. You're acting like this is North Dakota or something...

By the way, here you go...

"Metro Detroit has the 26th largest Jewish community in America, down from No. 21 in 2005, similar in size to Dallas and Las Vegas. While 80 percent of the Jewish community remains in its core area: West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Oak Park, Farmington Hills, Southfield and Huntington Woods, there has been a shift away from West Bloomfield and Farmington Hills toward Huntington Woods, which is now 65 percent Jewish."

https://thejewishnews.com/2018/09/20...tion-snapshot/

Metro Detroit has one of the 30 largest Jewish populations in the country.

"Metro Detroit has the 26th largest Jewish community in America,

Never been a secret, though apparently not as widely known by some.

I always found that odd though. Also Arab and others from that general region. What drew them there initially? Why would so many move from arid desert areas to .... Winter? That's why so many move away from SE MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I always found that odd though. Also Arab and others from that general region. What drew them there initially? Why would so many move from arid desert areas to .... Winter?
    Once upon a time, Detroit was the promise land if you were an immigrant and wanted to earn a good living performing unskilled labor.

Never been a secret, though apparently not as widely known by some.
    Sure, some people genuinely don’t know...however, others are fully aware yet intentionally try to spread misinformation. Unfortunately, we all know why...

2215 Guest

Anti-Semitism is separate from being Anti-Zionist or Anti-Israel.

Israel in 2019 is one of the most despised states in the world, for good reason, including among many American Jews. They're basically run by a cabal of alt-right criminals and have transformed from a democracy to a religious state.

Israel is very different today than in the past, when they were a reliable U.S. ally, highly secular and beacon of democracy. Now they're basically the same as their violent, autocratic neighbors. It's now a criminal offense to not have an Orthodox wedding.

That's why there's currently a huge schism between Jews in Israel and elsewhere. The relationship has totally transformed. Non-Orthodox Jews are fleeing Israel and no longer welcome.
    Well the groups that despise Israel are strange bedfellows indeed. The alt left , the alt right and Muslim supremacists , you seem im the first group.

You state that Israel is despised for being a religious state . Do the people who despise Israel also despise other religious states such as the the dozens of Islamic states ? If not , then they actually are anti semites.

Another justification you give is that it is criminal to not have an orthodox wedding . But what exactly is the criminal penalty ?

In Palestinian territory its a criminal offense to be LGBTQ and the criminal penalty is the death penalty . Same is also true of Somalia, Mauritania, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia , Sudan , Bunei ,Nigeria ,Yemen, Qatar.

In these countries it is against the law and punishable by the death penalty to convert from Islam to Christianity : Iran,Afghanistan,Malaysia,Mauritania,Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar , Saudi Arabia, UAE,Yemen. Of course it is totally legal to convert from Christianity to Islam. I wonder if those that despise Israel, despise these countries much much more seeing as their laws are far more discriminatory.

As far as the Jewish population in Israel it is growing year over year so your proclamation about Jews fleeing Israel is more fake news. Israels tfr is the highest in the western world and one of the hallmarks of a healthy society.

Quote Originally Posted by 2215 View Post
    You state that Israel is despised for being a religious state .
    I don't have much of an opinion on followers of Judaism. I despise the State of Israel for even existing. The UN shoehorned it into an area against the will of nearly everyone there. Then the UN did nothing when it violated the initial UN agreement.

"In 1947, the United Nations [[UN) adopted a Partition Plan for Palestine recommending the creation of independent Arab and Jewish states and an internationalized Jerusalem. The plan was accepted by the Jewish Agency, and rejected by Arab leaders. The following year, the Jewish Agency declared the independence of the State of Israel, and the subsequent 1948 Arab–Israeli War saw Israel's establishment over most of the former Mandate territory,"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

I don't have much of an opinion on followers of Judaism. I despise the State of Israel for even existing. The UN shoehorned it into an area against the will of nearly everyone there. Then the UN did nothing when it violated the initial UN agreement.

"In 1947, the United Nations [[UN) adopted a Partition Plan for Palestine recommending the creation of independent Arab and Jewish states and an internationalized Jerusalem. The plan was accepted by the Jewish Agency, and rejected by Arab leaders. The following year, the Jewish Agency declared the independence of the State of Israel, and the subsequent 1948 Arab–Israeli War saw Israel's establishment over most of the former Mandate territory,"

So, how do you feel about the UN?

Can't say as it's my favorite group. For one thing, the notion that any one member can veto policy agreed to by everyone else is silly. Yes, I know that only a few have that ability, but in my view no one should.

2215 Guest

Do you despise The Hashemite kingdom of Jordan for existing ? It was established within the exact same framework. 78% of Mandatory Palestine is now Jordan. 22% of Mandatory Palestine is now Israel. You must really really really really despise Jordan.

I don't see where that was a political or administrative creation of the UN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan

People don't like people - it exists in society.
    If you do, see, act, respond differently than others - you are _______ .
    Fighting over petty shit, oh yeah. Happens Daily, everywhere.

I don't see where that was a political or administrative creation of the UN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan
    To clarify 2215’s point...obviously it was not the UN [[because it didn't exist yet), but it was the same type of deal involving Great Britain, France, etc. It was most certainly political, as well, of course.
    Last edited by Towne Cluber; February-06-19 at 09:01 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast