Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Pay to Play Scheme in The City of Troy

Where is the outrage?

The calls for how the people who live there let this happen and are responsible?

I wonder why after Metro Detroit’s previous experiences with corrupt leaders this is such a non story when it goes down in one the areas largest most successful Suburbs?

One thing is for sure. As always this didn’t happen in a vacuum. It is deeper than one person.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...amp/2632999002

I live in Troy. A couple of blocks away from where Kischnick lives, in fact. People around here are indeed upset about it. A lot of people were talking about it during our last block party. When the next election is up, it will be a major issue for the sitting mayor and council.

No local news coverage of this? I get it, it's the tony burbs. If it was Detroit, Pontiac of Flint, it would be breaking news. This story was probably buried behind classifieds in the Troy paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    This story was probably buried behind classifieds in the Troy paper.
    The sentencing story was on the front page of the Troy-Sommerset gazette. Pretty much any story about the city manager scandal is front page news.

My mother lives in Clawson, I live in Rochester Hills. We were discussing our outrage over the situation.

People are not happy about it. I don't have the power to vote in Troy, so hopefully those folks feel the same way, I'm pretty sure they do.

$21K ?!?! I make more then that picking up bottles! Only in the 'burbs would this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The sentencing story was on the front page of the Troy-Sommerset gazette. Pretty much any story about the city manager scandal is front page news.
    Troy-Somerset Gazette is a nice paper, it’s been around for a long time, 30 or 40 years that I can remember. However, It’s not exactly what I would call heavy duty print media.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    $21K ?!?! I make more then that picking up bottles! Only in the 'burbs would this happen.
    When you factor in all the other perks this perp was getting, free meals at expensive restaurants, free rent and utilities for a condo, free membership at a health club for him and his family, free vehicle lease on a personal vehicle in addition to having a city issued car, etc... It equals way more than 21K.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-24-19 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    However, It’s not exactly what I would call heavy duty print media.
    Sure thing, but the original poster was specifically talking about the "Troy Newspaper," which, as far as I know, is the Gazette. I think the Free Press has been covering the story in it's local section.

I've seen it in the Free Press, in the News, in the local papers, and on the TV news.

What coverage is it not getting?

Noooo Troy, that bastion of integrity, honesty and decency ?
    You don't say, is it really true, corruption filtered in......my, my, my

Metro Detroit could support its own r/trashy subtread on Reddit

Including the ‘Golden Butthole of Macomb County’ and this:

https://www.macombdaily.com/illegal-...c81c18fbd.html