Chroma in Milwaukee Junction
MILWAUKEE JUNCTION RISING  »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default New car commercials

    What's with the new Cadillac and other SUV commercials showing people driving like fools on snow covered roads with kids in the car ?

  2. #2

    Default

    I've always hated car commercials and wondered who are they really appealing to with all that woke marketing.

    This from a few years ago totally emasculates the man.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMR8zTsyphY

    What an unappreciative bitch she is in this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvrem8e9LHI

    Married couples don't and should not behave this way and to your point, should not drive recklessly to prove anything.

  3. #3

    Default

    Car commercials are where advertising creativity goes to die.

  4. #4

    Default

    In fairness it's hard to advertise borderline useless, extremely expensive garbage. And the fact that you have to get a shady ass loan that doesn't even check your credit is like the rotten cherry on top

  5. #5

    Default

    Ad agencies who do auto commercials should be drawn and quartered. Every one shows cars driven recklessly and endangering the rest of the world. Been my pet peeve for decades. Further, how do you drive a vehicle through a mud puddle and end up spotless at the end of the commercial?

    Attention: Detroit area people who work for ad agencies: WAKE UP TO THE REAL FRIGGIN' WORLD, will ya?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    In fairness it's hard to advertise borderline useless, extremely expensive garbage. And the fact that you have to get a shady ass loan that doesn't even check your credit is like the rotten cherry on top
    Back around 1960, a book was written called "The Insolent Chariots"in which the author took to task the domestic automotive industry (95% American at the time) and came up with the conclusion that the manufacturer-dealer-customer relationship was such that "car are made by oafs for thieves to sell to mental defectives".

  7. #7

    Default

    Still better than all those tiresome ads with a group of dorks ohhing and ahhing over stupid JD Power awards.

  8. #8

    Default

    Sounds about right. You can get a decent car for 3000 on Craigslist without a monthly payment and insurance is optional😉

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Commercials aren't true, it's make believe with hocus pocus magic mixed in

  10. #10

    Default

    ^^^Fa Real? And here I was thinking the Puppymonkeybaby was real. Mountain Dew really got me with that one

  11. #11

    Default

    Car commercials sell aspirations. Aspirations sell cars. Cars - literally - drive the economy around here.

    Complaining about commercials is akin to complaining about rain. You donít get food without it.

  12. #12

    Default

    I'd love to know how many cars have been sold because of the "Real People, Not Actors" commercials. Thankfully for local ad agencies, we'll never know, since TV is virtually impossible to measure at a ROI level.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I'd love to know how many cars have been sold because of the "Real People, Not Actors" commercials. Thankfully for local ad agencies, we'll never know, since TV is virtually impossible to measure at a ROI level.
    I believe John Wanamaker, the famous retailer, said, ďI know I waste half of every advertising dollar, I just donít know which half.Ē

    Commercials are creatively derivative of other commercials. They are that way because they work. Every ad agency will swear they donít pilfer but they have to because their clients are risk-averse. Rarely is an ad manager a creative guy/gal. They are accounting folks, or manufacturing folks or engineering folks and they are pulled kicking and screaming towards anything remotely creative.

    But people love commercials. Thatís why you drive that Jeep or that Cadillac or that Prius. You buy into the aspiration of being rugged or suave or granolatastic.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    But people love commercials. That’s why you drive that Jeep or that Cadillac or that Prius. You buy into the aspiration of being rugged or suave or granolatastic.
    Somehow I missed the commercials for my 12 year old Focus wagon. So I wonder what aspiration I bought into?

  15. #15

    Default

    ^^
    Complaining about commercials is akin to complaining about rain. You don’t get food without it.
    But can't we have a nice warm, even pleasant rain, instead of a cold in you're face rain ? Just sayin'

  16. #16

    Default

    Yeah, really dumb, not like the good ones from the 1960’s showing pretty girls in GTO’s and wearing mini-skirts with white GO-GO boots.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWHO-3rBcU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hiwodBJiY
    Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  88.7 KB

  17. #17

    Default

    I also wonder how many people bought these cars and drove like that and ended up upside down in a ditch. After all if you see it on TV it must be true.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Detroit is no longer ""driven"" by the automotive sector.
    The sooner people realize that hard fact, the sooner Detroit will heal.
    Last edited by O3H; January-24-19 at 08:51 PM.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Yeah, really dumb, not like the good ones from the 1960’s showing pretty girls in GTO’s and wearing mini-skirts with white GO-GO boots.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWHO-3rBcU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hiwodBJiY
    Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  88.7 KB
    I never knew that old of a Dodge Charger had a sunroof.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Somehow I missed the commercials for my 12 year old Focus wagon. So I wonder what aspiration I bought into?
    12 year old focus wagon drivers have no aspirations; they have accomplished all of lifeís difficulties and are coasting on the interest off their hefty trust funds.

    Everyone knows that.

    But I was speaking about new car buyers; not decerning gentleman like yourself. You are motivated by other, more important, concerns.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    In fairness it's hard to advertise borderline useless, extremely expensive garbage. And the fact that you have to get a shady ass loan that doesn't even check your credit is like the rotten cherry on top
    While I agree in general, fact is for me though its not even close to usless, its virtually impossible to get by without. Even if price was equal I would still give up my phone, internet, and just about everything else besides my house before I could give up my car. Its funny though, one has to wonder how much one would pay for a car if they did not have car loans.

  22. #22

    Default

    You should be driving a Kia, from summit place kia, summit place kia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNs11Eh1hSw

  23. #23

    Default

    You should be driving a Kia, from summit place kia, summit place kia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNs11Eh1hSw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.