Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ex-Tigers analyst Rod Allen: assault in the workplace is okay because reasons

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...ht/2566755002/

Follow-up on the older story. I always found these guys to be unbearable, but it turns out Rod Allen is - surprise - also a terrible person.

Assaulting someone is never okay. Apologizing or at least reaching out would be the gentlemanly thing to do since apparently assaults do happen. I am not surprised neither of these two have attempted to mend fences.

Awful broadcasters, terrible humans. Good riddance. Long live Dan and Jim.

To boost ratings, they should have shown the fight & setup a rematch?

I don't watch or listen to baseball, but calling two men "terrible humans" because they got into a shoving match is a bit much. These guys apparently aren't the best of friends and have been working together in the same little room for more than a dozen years. I'd be honestly surprised if this is the only time they have butted heads.

The media loves to push a juicy story, and the Tiger's organization was more than happy to use this as an excuse to dump the apparently less than mediocre duo.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; January-15-19 at 08:36 PM.

Ernie and Paul, George and Al. The guys they got now try real hard but it just ain’t the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I don't watch or listen to baseball, but calling two men "terrible humans" because they got into a shoving match is a bit much.
    So what I'm hearing is, "I don't know anything about this situation nor do I care but I'm here to pick a fight with you. I have no interest in this sport or particular situation but assaulting someone at work is okay as well as not apologizing for it because I'm here to be contrarian."

Care to move on now?

Don't care whether they are/are not decent human beings, both were terrible broadcasters and are the reason I quit watching/following the Tigers. "That's big league baseball". "The Tigers need to put their big boy pants on". Pathetic.

They'll survive better than most, after losing their job. I'm sure they made over six figures per, just for being talking heads. Wouldn't surprise me to see either of them in another booth in the future. Somebody will give them a second chance.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-19-19 at 09:11 AM.