Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Life Building

Noticed it was lit up last night [[sorry it's blurry, I was driving).

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/...d-Fox-Theatre/

Name:  IMG_5297 [[1).jpg
Views: 644
Size:  69.4 KB

Detroit Life Building

Name:  dyes.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  152.3 KB

I hate to fall into a fantasy but it looks like the Illitches might pull through on a few of their developments. LCHQ looks close to done, Columbia street is getting there, Detroit Life, and maybe the lofts and offices behind LCA. Still, fuck the Illitches for everything they have done, but maybe their is a glimmer of hope.

I can see this building right out my living room window and it's been fully lit for about a month now. Closer investigation through my binoculars tells me that the light is all from construction lighting strung throughout the building.

I would like to be able to agree that it looks promising for this building to be reopened however they don't seem to be doing any real work on the inside, and the scaffolds came down without any windows being replaced.

My guess at this point is they will keep it looking good from the outside and lit up at night so that it doesn't bring down their Columbia Street makeover. Doing this would be enough to fool most Wings/ Pistons/ Tigers fans driving in from elsewhere into thinking the building is active. I doubt however they have any plans to actually make the building into offices or residential as promised.

Over the summer they replaced the original cornice with a fiberglass copy of it and then work essentially stopped. As mentioned earlier, scaffolding has all been removed. They also removed the fire escape on the north facade.

I spent a lit of time at the Town Pump over the summer and saw quite a bit of workers busy replacing worn out pieces of the facade. It looks much better than it did previously. But as many poster speculated above, I'm sure that will be the extent of things for a while.