Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Nice drifting in the D video!

I wonder when did they film this and how were they able to shut down so many streets!
    https://youtu.be/H7roXPQC1GU

Last edited by Maof; January-12-19 at 04:39 PM.

Childish bullshit. But, then, I'm 82 friggin' years old.

Can't believe nobody on this site noticed when it was filmed and nothing about it in the local media at the time?

What a life

I had to pull a quick maneuver like that once.

An 18-wheeler was about to T-bone me in the driver's side at top speed. I was stopped in first. I spun the wheel, floored it and popped the clutch. The rear end fishtailed into the other lane then stopped on a dime when I raised my foot. The truck roared by, inches away. It's all in the throttle. Mustangs do that well.

If I hadn't known how to do that I wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

Thread should be pulled for promoting illegal behavior.

Vehicles involved should be impounded and scrapped.

What an incredibly asinine video. Way to promote illegal reckless driving. The sad thing is that there are some brainless mouth breathers who will attempt to mimic the idiot in the video and hurt themselves and possibly others.

Hmmm, uh, didn't I just see that joyful madness coming up the Lodge north at the Wyoming curve the other day?

More and more are drag racing the Lodge. Mostly the Dodge products. I just hold in my lane when I see them coming [[the last thing you want to do is change lanes it can be argued). Some of the passings have been cigarette paper close, whoo-osshhh!!

I then proceed into the slow lane, slowing down to anticipate the wreck that may be ahead. So far I've been lucky.

My news style of driving includes looking in my rear window FAR MORE to see if the racers are coming up fast. Great!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-13-19 at 10:33 AM.

Lots of Mustangs driven by young folks in Dearborn, but their boys in blue [[police) are on it, seeing as how many horrible accidents have occurred along Ford, Michigan and Telegraph roads.

Add to that the occasional dear gathering along Everygreen Rd. in that area adding to the good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Childish bullshit. But, then, I'm 82 friggin' years old.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-13-19 at 10:44 AM.

Couldn't agree more Ray, and I'm a lot younger than you.

Stupid people should never get behind the wheel, especially with their eyes closed!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/us/ut...ash/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by carlscomputers View Post
    I wonder when did they film this and how were they able to shut down so many streets!
    https://youtu.be/H7roXPQC1GU
    The filming happened in October 2017. It kinda hints that Ford had ironed out its plans on the train station quite awhile before it went public.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...-films-mustang

On the northern Detroit side of Hamtramck, seeing the full, sometimes double, donut tracks on Campau, the service drive [[Dequindre), even Conant, usually originating from the east-west side streets, usually has me giggling. And I'm seeing more and more lately, but someone has been doing it for years. There are always good mechanics and drivers where you least expect.

Sure it's not an advertisement for OHIO -
    the "Rubber Capital of the World."
    How much does a set of 4 go for, on a vehicle like that ?

Drifting has to be some of the dumbest crap ever, but these videos appear to have been done legally on streets officially closed by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    ......but these videos appear to have been done legally on streets officially closed by the police.
    Ahhhh yeah! He donuts around a cop on a Segway.

Remind me to be real careful if I ever decide to buy a used car.

Those are some tires and I wonder what was left of them after this.

Whatever you think of this, the skill of the drivers and the film quality is very impressive!

so was this for a video game? if this was filmed so long ago, why wait until now?

Cool video. Awesome car. Driving like this should only be down in a controlled environment as this was.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Cool video. Awesome car. Driving like this should only be down in a controlled environment as this was.
    Agree and it was done by a professional as well.