Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Retail 2019?

Default Retail 2019?

Does anyone has a list of upcoming retail that are in the plans to open downtown especially Merchant's Row? I see a few completed storefronts but no sign posted in the windows stating what will open in the locations. I am still wondering what will open next to Under Armour. I would love to see a Columbia Outlet opening on the strip

I would like to see more restaurants on Woodward. Stores are great but some outdoor seating on Woodward would be nice to mix in with the storefronts.

I would like to see more retail on Woodward and restaurants could be on Griswold, Grand River, and Library street. More retail would draw shoppers to the restaurants. I would love to see more outlet stores such as Nike is. More affordable stores that are not urbane or hood would do good such as Columbia, Urban Outfitter, H&M, Old Navy etc would increase the walkability traffic in downtown Detroit. The strip is in dire need of a furniture store such as Art Van, Gorman's or even Bright Ideas. If the stores don't have enough room on lower Woodward's Merchant's Row then maybe those stores could open on Woodward Grand Blvd area.
    I would love to see restaurants such as Nikolas, The Cheesecake Factory, Red Robin, etc to open on Woodward

I would like to see high-end chain stores that have no presence in Michigan, mixed with a few Michigan-based stores, like Shinola is doing.

-Uniqlo

-Bloomingdale's or Dillard Department Store

-I would love this. Shop for appliances, phones, TVs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5jAykqtks

I've heard H&M is opening in one of Gilbert's storefronts on Woodward.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitGuy423 View Post
    I've heard H&M is opening in one of Gilbert's storefronts on Woodward.
    That would be sweet.

H&M will be next to Under Armour, it only make sense.

There will undoubtedly be several retail announcements in the coming months. The available spaces and demographics are too good for retailers to keep ignoring.

Along with downtown/mall staples like H&M, Apple, Fossil, North Face, and others that I think downtown could certainly support I would love to see a permanent space for rotating pop up shops a-la Rust Belt Market. The glass sheds are great for Christmas but I hate that some of these businesses only have a real presence for part of the year.

I would love to see a store next to Under Armour that's not a Michigan based store. North Face would be great but HM or Columbia would be better. Those stores are affordable and not too pricey as North face tend to be. I would however would rather see a North face in that spot instead of a local based store which will only draw in a few people or a highly priced store that will only draw in window shoppers

H&M confirmed moving downtown on Woodward across the street from john varvatos and lululemon

H&M store aims to open this fall and will take up 3 floors in a historic downtown #Detroit bldg on Woodward between John R. and Park Ave./Witherell., says @BedrockDetroit @DetroitNews

Last edited by SpartanDawg; March-06-19 at 09:59 AM.

Source: https://twitter.com/Local4News/statu...03576787607554

H&M is a great addition. Much like the Nike store, its priced well for people just wandering in off the street and browsing.
    Last edited by EGrant; March-06-19 at 10:08 AM.

H&M was one of my favorite stores years back when I visited Manhattan *[[before they had opened any local mall stores). A cool store with a lot of energy. Definitely a vibe that the mall stores can't come close to replicating.

Great news for the area.

My wife and daughter shopped in H&M stores all across Europe the last several years. They are well placed, affordable, and trendy. They will add great vibrancy to the downtown shopping scene. This is a home run for Woodward Ave's shopping corridor.

H&M is coming to Gilberttown Detroit! I was hoping for an Apple Store. At least a Microsoft Store.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    H&M confirmed moving downtown on Woodward across the street from john varvatos and lululemon

H&M store aims to open this fall and will take up 3 floors in a historic downtown #Detroit bldg on Woodward between John R. and Park Ave./Witherell., says @BedrockDetroit @DetroitNews

The Nike Store is Gilberttown Detroit is doing awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post

It’s going to be taking up 3 storefronts in the International Bancard Building, Grinnell Bros Building and Fisher Arcade/Sanders Building, not three floors in the International Bancard building.

Hopefully we’ll be hearing about store openings in the Ferguson Building and R. H. Traver Building, both owned by Bedrock, soon. There’s been ongoing work on the storefront in the old Himelhoch’s lately as well.