Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Old but still funny....

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

• 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
    • 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
    • 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
    • 1 to move it to the Lighting section.
    • 2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section.
    • 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
    • 5 to flame the spell checkers.
    • 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.
    • 6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” ..
    • another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
    • 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”.
    • 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct.
    • 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.
    • 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.
    • 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
    • 7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
    • 4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.
    • 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
    • 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”.
    • 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
    • 4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”.
    • 13 to say “do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”.
    • 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

• 2 One to call all the light bulb dissenters liars!
    • 3 Someone to call for the three-watt bulb option.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-07-19 at 01:15 PM.

1, but only if it wants to change.

So does this meen that the Polish are off of the hook when it comes to light bulb changing after all of these years?

Excellent analogy though.

• 4 One to push the mommy button when they do not agree with the light bulb discussion.
    Last edited by Richard; January-07-19 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So does this meen that the Polish are off of the hook when it comes to light bulb changing after all of these years?

Excellent analogy though.

• 4 One to push the mommy button when they do not agree with the light bulb discussion.
    5. One to correct everyone's lousy spelling.

• 6 One to post a comment without actually reading the original post.

My spelling is perfect,it is double checked by the brightest minds that Apple can import.
    Last edited by Richard; January-07-19 at 12:59 PM.

I don't use light bulbs much any more. I use LED units.

My LEDs are clearly marked LED Lamp.

Part number E345327

Q. How many flies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    A. Two, but don't ask me how they got in there.