Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We [[the US) provided the timing, motivation and impetus. Albeit there was a bit less motivating when my fore parents arrived in the darkness of ship holds.

Looking at is as others may, WHO wouldn't want to come to a country so utterly divided in its own self interest, yet deprecation. A nation bewitched in the brine of it's contradictory babel, hypocrisy, supremacy and self-loathing all at the same time?!

And specifically a country that will to give to YOU what it struggles to give its OWN citizens at the throne of political power?

Hah!! I'd have attempted to step over the 'paperwork' ahead of others to come too!

Collectively [[right, left, Trump or Ump!), we must come off as very confused, conflicted dorks.

And the media will provide the click points as the process proceeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Again, I don't believe all these people were sitting around in a bar somewhere and one guy stands up and says "Hey! Why don't we all move to the United States!?!?" This was/is being orchestrated for a purpose. Whether its the Democrats to foster hatred for the Trump regime, or the Trump regime to foster support for the wall. Regardless of who's behind it, the click-bait media headline, is bullshit. Apparently, they found the gullible audience they were seeking.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-18 at 12:44 PM.

How many of those 18 were children? Never mind, I'll answer the question: Zero. Zero of them were children. From your own link:

The detainees who died then were between 24 and 49 years old.
    BTW, a fake news version of this has been making the rounds on Right Wing social media claiming that all 18 of those deaths were children.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/18...en-died-obama/

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    How many of those 18 were children? Never mind, I'll answer the question: Zero. Zero of them were children. From your own link:

BTW, a fake news version of this has been making the rounds on Right Wing social media claiming that all 18 of those deaths were children.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/18...en-died-obama/

Is there a point to your post? WAAAAH! THERE'S A FAKE VERSION FLOATING AROUND!!! Except the story I posted wasn't. WAAAAH! NONE Of THEM WERE CHILDREN! So are you trying to say it's Ok for adults to die in custody as long as they weren't sickly children who's parents subjected them to unnecessary harsh conditions then refused treatment? Well, Ok, then.

I just checked and can't find the "cause of death" of the Guatemalan boy, Felipe, although we do know he had the flu and at one point his father refused treatment. "More tests need to be done before a cause of death can be determined."

The same article said that "
    Felipe's sister, Catarina, said that in recent years "everyone [[from their village) started heading for the United States," so much so that a local project to boost education financed with Swedish help was abandoned because there were practically no more young people to take the classes."

Related: Tuberculosis, flu, infections rampant as the number of sick migrants surge at border"Agents have spotted a new trend in the traffic from Central America to the U.S., with smuggling organizations using commercial buses to get people through the journey in less than a week. That’s far faster than the 25 to 30 days it takes most migrants who walk or take a mixture of transportation to get from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras through Mexico and to the border."

Maybe the faster conveyance of Central Americans to American health care, housing and other offerings will decrease the number of maladies picked up on a long walk although the faster conveyance might also allow sicker people to make the journey. Because the children now have to receive better health testing at the border, additional delays to their entry might also occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Is there a point to your post? WAAAAH! THERE'S A FAKE VERSION FLOATING AROUND!!! Except the story I posted wasn't. WAAAAH! NONE Of THEM WERE CHILDREN! So are you trying to say it's Ok for adults to die in custody as long as they weren't sickly children who's parents subjected them to unnecessary harsh conditions then refused treatment? Well, Ok, then.
    Did something I say get your blood pressure up? Did I trigger you? A little bit higher now and you might have a stroke.

Yes, generally in society, we do distinguish between children and adults in a variety of capacities. For example, we generally accept that adults can make their own choice and be responsible for the consequences, whereas we do not generally make that the case for children. So yes, most people would probably think that children dying is worse than adults dying.
    Last edited by aj3647; January-07-19 at 04:15 PM.

Since December 27, the Border Wall Go Fund Me has only managed to raise an additional $2 million or so, putting it just shy of $19.5 million, or less than 2% of its goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Unless donations pick up speed, if their ~$150,000 a day donation rate that they've had for the past two weeks continues, it will take them about 6500 days to reach their goal of $1 billion. Come on Trump supporters, why are you not donating all that money you saved in the tax cut? Trump NEEDS your support on this! Trigger the libs by funding the Wall!

CDC is reporting that with the flu season kicking in 13 children have already died from it and last year 80,000 died in the US from it.

I still believe that when you have a group of 1000s the odds of somebody passing is going to be there and there will be nothing anybody can do about it.

But yet no news or outcry about who the 13 were in custody of or demand for investigations.

Since December 27, the Border Wall Go Fund Me has only managed to raise an additional $2 million or so, putting it just shy of $19.5 million, or less than 2% of its goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Unless donations pick up speed, if their ~$150,000 a day donation rate that they've had for the past two weeks continues, it will take them about 6500 days to reach their goal of $1 billion. Come on Trump supporters, why are you not donating all that money you saved in the tax cut? Trump NEEDS your support on this! Trigger the libs by funding the Wall!

Where have you been,a simple tweet triggers the Libs,you should know from personal experience.

If you’re going to use the wall as a trigger then production of Valium needs to be ramped up first.

Which creates another delay.

But on the other hand I have yet to see the Libs removing their house and car door locks or fences being removed or gated communities tearing down their walls.

So it would appear to be a trigger of connivence or a selective trigger disfunction.

Richard, Good point. Liberals have probably spent far more money on walls and other personal security than $19M. At $19M, the Go Fund Me wall kitty is closing in on the largest most successful effort ever "Time's Up" fund; a collection for victims of sexual abuse. Like aj says, $19M doesn't go very far to build a wall. Building an Israeli quality fence would only cost half as much as Trump's brick wall. Were Democrats to agree in negotiations to spend only half as much for such a fence, our government could reopen. In the past, Democrats did help fund 630 miles of the 1,933 miles of fencing needed with promises to provide more. Agreement would involve negotiating and compromising on both sides of course. Trump has put out feelers that he is amenable to fencing. No response from Democrats though .

As of last night, I couldn't find any autopsy results yet for Felipe, the second child to die. We do know he had been subjected to a dangerous trip, he had the flu, and at one point his father refused medical treatment but there doesn't seem to be an official autopsy report yet.
    Last edited by oladub; January-08-19 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Richard, Good point. Liberals have probably spent far more money on walls and other personal security than $19M. At $19M, the Go Fund Me wall kitty is closing in on the largest most successful effort ever "Time's Up" fund; a collection for victims of sexual abuse.
    It's only "successful" if it hits its goal of $1 billion. Anything short of that, and all those funds get refunded to their donors and it's a massive failure. That's a basic premise of Go Fund Me, those that do not hit their goal are, by definition, failures. Do you think it will reach its goal? Care to wager on that?

Building an Israeli quality fence would only cost half as much as Trump's brick wall. Were Democrats to agree in negotiations to spend only half as much for such a fence, our government could reopen. In the past, Democrats did help fund 630 miles of the 1,933 miles of fencing needed with promises to provide more.
    Name:  Fence.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  30.1 KB

From a Mexico-funded 40-foot tall solid concrete wall to a Go Fund Me-funded fence in just two years! What do you think it will be tomorrow? Eventually some National Guard troops will just lay another 80 miles of concertina wire and Trump will declare "THE WALL IS BUILT!" and Trumpers like you will celebrate because your reality is whatever Trump tells you it is and that will be the end of it.

It's only "successful" if it hits its goal of $1 billion. Anything short of that, and all those funds get refunded to their donors and it's a massive failure. That's a basic premise of Go Fund Me, those that do not hit their goal are, by definition, failures. Do you think it will reach its goal? Care to wager on that?

Name:  Fence.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  30.1 KB

From a Mexico-funded 40-foot tall solid concrete wall to a Go Fund Me-funded fence in just two years! What do you think it will be tomorrow? Eventually some National Guard troops will just lay another 80 miles of concertina wire and Trump will declare "THE WALL IS BUILT!" and Trumpers like you will celebrate because your reality is whatever Trump tells you it is and that will be the end of it.
    No, spin spin spin, the goal of someone was $1B. My definition of "successful" is to elect people who protect our borders. Which Democrats would that presently include? I think the real goal is to elect representatives who will protect our borders. Who was that someone who said the goal was $1B? It was a 37 year old veteran, a triple amputee who organized this fundraiser. Pelosi gave him a dollar and you mock him. I could organize a Go Fund Me fundraiser for $1T to fund aj's coup and if only $30M came in, Richard could spin it as a total failure because the organizer, me, said the goal was $1T.

Since you get your jollies mocking a triple amputee veteran, I found you a more suitable website, think of it as a comfort zone, that has raised $160,000 so far. It's the “Ladders to Get Over Trump’s Wall” fund. Santa Anna would have approved. You need to better fund it or someone might make a relative comparison to the Trump wall fund. Besides

Thanks for Trump's 2015 twitter about the wall. However, had you read the linked comment I previously provided, as of 2019, Trump seems to be amenable to building fences for border protection. Try to keep up.

"From a Mexico-funded 40-foot tall solid concrete wall to a Go Fund Me-funded fence in just two years!" You must know something we don't. Is the only border protection initiative the Go Fund Me project and has Trump stopped pushing for border protection? That's what your spin insinuates.What border protection compromises have Democrats' offered to get the government running again?
    Last edited by oladub; January-08-19 at 07:48 PM.

Since you get your jollies mocking a triple amputee veteran, I found you a more suitable website,
    Where did I mock a triple amputee veteran? Show me. Quote my post where I did that. Or retract your slander. Perhaps I should ask you when you stopped beating your wife. Fair?

That you think it's some kind of major success that a Go Fund Me that was created to raise money to build a Wall will not successfully send even $1 of that money to actually building a Wall [[since it will all get refunded when the Go Fund Me fails) says it all. You truly and honestly live in a fantasy world of your own creation. There will be no Wall today, no wall tomorrow, no Wall a year from now, or five years from now, or a million years from now. And nothing you say or do will change any of that. So cry about it, maybe your tears will make the Wall magically spring up if you REALLY want it enough.

Where did I mock a triple amputee veteran? Show me. Quote my post where I did that. Or retract your slander. Perhaps I should ask you when you stopped beating your wife. Fair?

That you think it's some kind of major success that a Go Fund Me that was created to raise money to build a Wall will not successfully send even $1 of that money to actually building a Wall [[since it will all get refunded when the Go Fund Me fails) says it all. You truly and honestly live in a fantasy world of your own creation. There will be no Wall today, no wall tomorrow, no Wall a year from now, or five years from now, or a million years from now. And nothing you say or do will change any of that. So cry about it, maybe your tears will make the Wall magically spring up if you REALLY want it enough.
    "That you think it's some kind of major success that a Go Fund Me that was created to raise money to build a Wall will not successfully send even $1 of that money to actually building a Wall [[since it will all get refunded when the Go Fund Me fails) says it all."

What says it all is that I never suggested any such thing and you are claiming I suggested that.

You didn't define who you were mocking. You brought Go Fund Me up at least three times as if it was a failure because it fell short of the promoter's announced goal. You didn't mention who the promoter was. It wasn't Trump. It turned out to be a triple amputee veteran. How do you know if the promoter who started this fund had any hopes of attaining that goal?

The last I heard, the fund had raised over $19M and was closing in on the largest most successful Go Fund Me fundraiser ever [[$22M). By that measure, it is relatively successful. I have nothing to do with that fund and want our government to protect our borders. You can spin the existence of that fund all you want but it has very little to do with the larger issue of whether America will protect itself.

You are probably right that Trump won't be able to better secure our border with a wall as long as Democrats, as well as Chamber of Commerce Republicans favor de facto open borders. But who knows, Maybe Democrats will return to their roots, Americans will blame Democrats for not compromising, or that democrats will actually compromise and support a fence at half the cost to reopen government. We'll see. Win or lose, my priority is American workers rather than foreign workers or their cheating profiteering employers.
    Last edited by oladub; January-09-19 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    People in this country do not understand that over there the children do not receive the shots that we do,here all children must be vaccinated before starting school etc. Over there nothing.

What is also interesting in that link is ...

His initial illness was diagnosed at a hospital as a common cold, then he was deemed to have a fever. He was treated and released, but hours later, back at a border holding facility, he vomited.
    His father declined medical attention, but an agent during a later welfare check said the boy looked ill and had him taken back to the hospital, where he died.

So what was border patrols obligation when the parent declined medical treatment ?

It appears that the border patrol agent was more concerned about the child then the parent,but yet it was border patrol being drug through the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    People in this country do not understand that over there the children do not receive the shots that we do,here all children must be vaccinated before starting school etc. Over there nothing.

What is also interesting in that link is ...

His initial illness was diagnosed at a hospital as a common cold, then he was deemed to have a fever. He was treated and released, but hours later, back at a border holding facility, he vomited.
    His father declined medical attention, but an agent during a later welfare check said the boy looked ill and had him taken back to the hospital, where he died.

So what was border patrols obligation when the parent declined medical treatment ?

It appears that the border patrol agent was more concerned about the child then the parent,but yet it was border patrol being drug through the mud.

A.) a lot of people are filled with senseless hate these days.
    B.) a lot of people are headline prone and the media feeds on them.
    C.) I ran out of toilet paper this morning, and somehow that has something to do with Trump being in office.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-09-19 at 10:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3