Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Gratiot and Outer dr E

Have read posts on this site in the past. I am brand new to anything like this as I am quite computer illiterate. Lived on Promenade went to St David school back in the sixties was wondering if anyone knew a girl named Debbie Gillem[[not sure about last name spelling) she lived on the corner of Outer dr E and Annsbury she wasn't catholic went to another school but we became good friends. We moved in June of 1965 and except for one encounter the following year I have not seen or heard from her since. I was 12 when we moved and didn't drive and my Dad did not allow us to use the phone I was just wondering if anyone remembered her or knows what became of her I would really welcome the feedback

The folks here are very kind and quite clever, but you need to supply additional information for them to help.

What were her parents names, siblings, etc. How old might she be? Is she white? Where did her dad work?

Have you gone to the Burton library and done any research? Have you looked at the Polk directories?

Folks will help if they can but you need to supply them with some information besides a possibility misspelled name.

Quote Originally Posted by promenadekid View Post
    Have read posts on this site in the past. I am brand new to anything like this as I am quite computer illiterate. Lived on Promenade went to St David school back in the sixties was wondering if anyone knew a girl named Debbie Gillem[[not sure about last name spelling) she lived on the corner of Outer dr E and Annsbury she wasn't catholic went to another school but we became good friends. We moved in June of 1965 and except for one encounter the following year I have not seen or heard from her since. I was 12 when we moved and didn't drive and my Dad did not allow us to use the phone I was just wondering if anyone remembered her or knows what became of her I would really welcome the feedback
    Ok sorry I'm brand new to this and not very good on a computer. Debbie Gillem was a white female my age so she would be about 65 or 66 now she had red hair freckles I do not know her parents names but i think her father died while I was still living there. She had two older brothers who were at least several years older than us one was named Jim & the other was named Gary. I think Gary went into the service. Having not been Catholic I'm guessing Debbie would have went on to Denby High School. Years later I ran into a lady that lived down the block from me and she told me she thought Debbie had married a guy I went to school with at St.David

I don't have facebook but if you go on facebook.com and sign up [[pretty easy) you could do a search for her. You would be amazed how many people have a facebook. You could then send her a message [[provided she has a facebook page) and catch up.

https://www.whitepages.com/ works like the old white pages, except electronically. A lot of people de-list their numbers though.

But who knows, someone may remember her! Good luck on your search.

It's gonna be hard tho if she has a married name now. There's a way to put in your maiden name if someone is looking for you, but not all do.

I don't know if it helps, but she was in the Denby Class of '71; they had no further information:

http://denbyhighschool.org/alumni/40...ah-gillem.html

Quote Originally Posted by promenadekid View Post
    Ok sorry I'm brand new to this and not very good on a computer. Debbie Gillem was a white female my age so she would be about 65 or 66 now she had red hair freckles I do not know her parents names but i think her father died while I was still living there. She had two older brothers who were at least several years older than us one was named Jim & the other was named Gary. I think Gary went into the service. Having not been Catholic I'm guessing Debbie would have went on to Denby High School. Years later I ran into a lady that lived down the block from me and she told me she thought Debbie had married a guy I went to school with at St.David
    Did the lady you spoke to tell you the last name of the guy how married Debbie? You could search by his last name and her first.

Default followed up

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Did the lady you spoke to tell you the last name of the guy how married Debbie? You could search by his last name and her first.
    Thank you yes the lady I spoke to gave me the name of the former classmate and and I have tried to use that in my search to no avail but thank you for the tip!

Try entering her brothers name in white pages. Perhaps you can contact one of her brothers?