Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That parking graphic is great, but someone not familiar with the situation would infer from it that there's no park above the Grand Circus garage, and no huge convention center beneath the Cobo lot. Also, it shows parking covering the area where RenCen towers 500 and 600 are. There are probably other misleading orange-labeled areas too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    I do quite a bit of walking downtown for exercise and to blow off steam. A path that I sometimes take is Woodward from Hart Plaza up to LCA. As I make the transition from Gilbertville to Illitchville, I start to get angry. All of the empty lots and all of the broken promises really start to add up. And these people are playing with house money!

Gilbertville has people walking around, even on the weekends now. Illitchville is only populated on game days. I went with a group of friends to Sports and Social inside of LCA on an off night. We were the only ones in there and the manager came over and asked us why we were there!

I follow the Facebook page and I'm thankful for whoever runs it. I wish there was more we could do!
    Mr. Chrome... you inspired an idea.... we should collect a pool of money and rent a billboard....

"District Detroit Ilitchville/District Detroit Gilbertville"

And have half of the billboard be a sea of parking, and the other half showing the vibrant downtown area with Gilberts buildings.

BTW... Jack White's nephew [[he works for his uncle) stated that Jack White never offered to buy the Gold Dollar... he said it was nothing but 4 walls waiting to fall in.
    Last edited by Gistok; July-25-19 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Mr. Chrome... you inspired an idea.... we should collect a pool of money and rent a billboard....

"District Detroit Ilitchville/District Detroit Gilbertville"

And have half of the billboard be a sea of parking, and the other half showing the vibrant downtown area with Gilberts buildings.
    More than just a billboard, this seems like a great topic for serious study. Is there any better opportunity to examine the two most prominent [[and opposite) large scale real estate investment strategies and their results than what we are experiencing now in Detroit?
    Last edited by bust; July-27-19 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Ilitch to construct office project in Farmington Hills for Mercedes-Benz Financial

https://www.freep.com/story/money/20...es/1988788001/
    Last edited by hybridy; August-12-19 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Ilitch to construct office project in Farmington Hills for Mercedes-Benz Financial

https://www.freep.com/story/money/20...es/1988788001/

@ least they're putting all those taxpayer subsidies to good use.

In keeping with the Ilitches tencency to never sell any land... that 12 Mile and Drake Rd. property has been owned by the Ilitches longer than any downtown property. They were originally going to move their LC HQ to that site that they owned, until some of the next generation of Ilitches talked their parents into moving downtown to the Fox Building instead.

So that property has been in their possession for over 30 years.

Even his crypt doesn't get built quickly it seems

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...on/1985632001/

At least they are starting to build residential units...

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    At least they are starting to build residential units...
    I was concerned about the lack of parking until I saw pic 7 - a nice adjacent surface lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2