Restoration at Woodward and Baltimore in Detroit
ATWATER PARK COMING ONLINE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 155
  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Fulmer needs Tommy John. Betweeen the elbow and 3 knee surgeries his career may be done.
    Should have traded him away when they got rid of everybody else.

    Im not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel with this team.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Should have traded him away when they got rid of everybody else.

    Im not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel with this team.
    Your 2021 Detroit Tigers:

    Catcher: Jake Rogers
    1B: Jeimer Candelario
    2B: Kody Clemens
    3B: Isaac Paredes
    SS: Willi Castro/Wenceel Perez
    LF: Christin Stewart
    CF: Daz Cameron
    RF: Parker Meadows
    DH: Miguel Cabrera

    Rotation: Casey Mize, Matt Manning, Franklin Perez, Beau Burrows, Alex Faedo, Spencer Turnbull, Kyle Funkhouser, Matt Boyd

    Okay, 3 or 4 of these guys won't pan out and they'll sign free agents, make trades, use this year's no. 5 draft pick, etc. but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Rebuilds take a few years. Shortcuts never work. Keep the faith.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Fulmer needs Tommy John. Betweeen the elbow and 3 knee surgeries his career may be done.
    Fulmer, Zimmerman, Castellanos, & Cabrera should have been unloaded by "now".....wonder if Avila will be xtended beyond 2020?

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Fulmer, Zimmerman, Castellanos, & Cabrera should have been unloaded by "now".....wonder if Avila will be xtended beyond 2020?
    Zimmerman and Cabrera have contracts that make them unmovable. The Tigers would have to pay 70-80% of their salaries anyways, so they might as well keep them at that point.

    There was no market for Castellanos.

    Of course everyone wishes they would have moved Fulmer last year, now that we know about the TJ surgery, but Avila would have been roasted if he'd traded him for pennies on the dollar last season. At the end of 2017, he was considered a potential top of the rotation guy.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Your 2021 Detroit Tigers:

    Catcher: Jake Rogers
    1B: Jeimer Candelario
    2B: Kody Clemens
    3B: Isaac Paredes
    SS: Willi Castro/Wenceel Perez
    LF: Christin Stewart
    CF: Daz Cameron
    RF: Parker Meadows
    DH: Miguel Cabrera

    Rotation: Casey Mize, Matt Manning, Franklin Perez, Beau Burrows, Alex Faedo, Spencer Turnbull, Kyle Funkhouser, Matt Boyd

    Okay, 3 or 4 of these guys won't pan out and they'll sign free agents, make trades, use this year's no. 5 draft pick, etc. but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Rebuilds take a few years. Shortcuts never work. Keep the faith.
    Fun post! Too bad about Fulmer. It's one thing to have a great arm; it's another to have great legs too. His legs went down and likely took his arm with it. Seen it before.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Fun post! Too bad about Fulmer. It's one thing to have a great arm; it's another to have great legs too. His legs went down and likely took his arm with it. Seen it before.
    Mark Fidrych, Joel Zumaya.....with all of the prior history & pitching support staff (conditioning, coaches, consultants, doctors, etc), they allow this to happen to Fulmer?

    Same folks creating the rebuild.....yep.

  7. #57

    Default

    They have a bit of a problem scoring runs it appears.

  8. #58

    Default

    Preview of coming attractions: Already grabbed 4th place in the AL Central.....

  9. #59

    Default

    Not sure why anyone would throw a strike to these guys. They will swing at anything within a foot of the zone.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Preview of coming attractions: Already grabbed 4th place in the AL Central.....
    Race is on for the 1st pick in the draft.

  11. #61

    Default

    Can't complain about being shut out for over 30 straight non-extra innings and still getting a 4 game split.
    Thoughts after 4 games:
    Starting pitching looks very good so far.
    Candelario should stay lead-off (or at least out of the cleanup spot)
    Castellanos can be an average right-fielder defensively and since the Tigers are years away from developing another corner outfielder they should think about extending him.
    Greiner is better defensively than McCann even if he's not going to hit.
    Norris may be best suited for the bullpen.

  12. #62

    Default

    Anybody know when Negro Leagues tribute weekend is supposed to be?
    I don't see it offhand based on the current schedule-

    https://www.mlb.com/tigers/tickets/single-game-tickets

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Can't complain about being shut out for over 30 straight non-extra innings and still getting a 4 game split.
    Thoughts after 4 games:
    Starting pitching looks very good so far.
    Candelario should stay lead-off (or at least out of the cleanup spot)
    Castellanos can be an average right-fielder defensively and since the Tigers are years away from developing another corner outfielder they should think about extending him.
    Greiner is better defensively than McCann even if he's not going to hit.
    Norris may be best suited for the bullpen.
    All good observations. Will be fun to see how Spencer Turnbull stands up to the pressure. I had never heard of him until I went to a game at Toledo toward the end of last season when he quietly struck out 11 of the first 12 batters. I remember my friend and I saying who is this?

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    All good observations. Will be fun to see how Spencer Turnbull stands up to the pressure. I had never heard of him until I went to a game at Toledo toward the end of last season when he quietly struck out 11 of the first 12 batters. I remember my friend and I saying who is this?
    Not so good. He only struck out 10 today.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Fulmer, Zimmerman, Castellanos, & Cabrera should have been unloaded by "now".....wonder if Avila will be xtended beyond 2020?
    If this had been the Marlins, they would have been, thanks to that great front office genius, Derek Jeter.

  16. #66

    Default

    Vegas sports books still have the Tigers at 1000 - 1 to win the world series. After today's game, I'm tempted to drop a Hamilton on them. WTF, what's ten bucks v. ten grand?

  17. #67

    Default

    Hey this team is fun to watch. No illusions though, but enjoying the sugar high while it lasts.

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Hey this team is fun to watch. No illusions though, but enjoying the sugar high while it lasts.
    This team has a lot more talent than last year's so I don't know why they were being picked for the same win total. Harrison & Mercer are better up the middle, Candelario has another year of experience, Stewart is better than Mahtook, etc. in left field, Miggy is healthy (for now). I picked them for about 77 wins before the season started, mainly because the division is so weak. Of course, the better seasons guys like Ross, Greene, etc. have the more likely they are gone at the deadline and the record tanks in the 2nd half.

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    This team has a lot more talent than last year's so I don't know why they were being picked for the same win total. Harrison & Mercer are better up the middle, Candelario has another year of experience, Stewart is better than Mahtook, etc. in left field, Miggy is healthy (for now). I picked them for about 77 wins before the season started, mainly because the division is so weak. Of course, the better seasons guys like Ross, Greene, etc. have the more likely they are gone at the deadline and the record tanks in the 2nd half.
    So you think Mercer is better than Iglesias ?? I get Harrison is pretty good. Iglesias was a magician in the field.

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Hey this team is fun to watch. No illusions though, but enjoying the sugar high while it lasts.
    Watched every game so far and greatly enjoyed! Vegas still has them at 1000-1 to win it all. Getting tempting.

  21. #71

    Default

    Matt Moore is done for the season. Too bad, he was off to a great start. Once again demonstrating you can never sign too many pitchers. Time for Norris to step up but I'm not optimistic.

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Watched every game so far and greatly enjoyed! Vegas still has them at 1000-1 to win it all. Getting tempting.
    Ok Ray.....lost 5-in a row & dropped under 500.....still enjoying?

  23. #73

    Default

    For All who just keep inquiring;

    Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera, who for five years led a double-life with a mistress in Florida and fathered two children with her, has been ordered to provide those children with the same lifestyle and opportunities enjoyed by the children from his marriage.

    Under the final judgment, which should wrap up the contentious case, here’s what the judge ordered Cabrera to do:

    • Pay Rodriguez $20,000 a month in unallocated child support, which means the mom can spend it as she sees fit.
    • In addition to the $20,000-a-month, pay allocated child support to Rodriguez for specific expenditures, such as private schooling, health care, extracurricular activities and prescriptions. When these expenses occur, the mom will send a bill to Cabrera for reimbursement.
    • Pay off the mortgage of Rodriguez’s nearly $1 million house by July 1.
    • Provide the children unblocked, annual passes to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and Orlando Science Center.
    • Maintain a $5 million life insurance policy to benefit both children until the youngest child turns 18.
    • Pay Rodriguez $89,581 in unpaid child support by May 1.
    • Pay Rodriguez’s attorney fees of $51,206.

  24. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Ok Ray.....lost 5-in a row & dropped under 500.....still enjoying?
    Actually, yeah. Maybe they're only a .500 ball club, but still love to watch them on the telly. Which moves me to note that the stands in Detroit are notable for...........no one there. Handful of people is all I see. Not good. If attendance doesn't pick up, I may start a movement to move the franchise out here. Vegas Golden Knights have a sellout every home game.

  25. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Actually, yeah. Maybe they're only a .500 ball club, but still love to watch them on the telly. Which moves me to note that the stands in Detroit are notable for...........no one there. Handful of people is all I see. Not good. If attendance doesn't pick up, I may start a movement to move the franchise out here. Vegas Golden Knights have a sellout every home game.
    Cold, wet weather. April. Rebuilding team. What were you expecting? The bloom will wear off the Knights soon enough.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.