Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Will it be the 'Young Hip Urbanites' Downtown who turn Detroit around?

Are the hipsters downtown being left out of the equation, or given proper credit, when it comes to a prognosis on Detroit's future renewal?

I'm talking about the urban dwellers who move into downtown [[and not just for one day at the ballpark, concert or wherever) and who are not interested in living in the 'burbs, only in the city proper.

The hipsters ruled downtown 10 years ago. Sad to say that downtown was becoming pretty exciting then with the hipsters having their own thing going on and their hangout at 1515 Broadway. Tony Goldman had said to include the young people in the redevelopment of Detroit and don’t make it a metropolis but keep that town feeling. Unfortunately he had died before he was about to get things started here

So, is there any possibility for a 'ComeBack Kid' in downtown? Personally, I'm no skeptic, but that's just me...

So what does it mean to keep the young hipsters downtown? Cheap accommodation? Transportation? Targeted employment? I personally encourage it but don’t know the answer

When all of Brush Park is fixed up. You see will white young millennials instead of poor leftover DEAD [[c)KRAK HEADS from the Brewsters Projects living there.