Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Disney Store downtown?

I had noticed Mickey Mouse being drawn on the window of one of the storefronts of the Shinola Hotel. A Disney writeup was also posted in the window. Is there a Disney Store being set to open downtown? Is this a pop-up

That'd be nice!

Shinola and Disney teamed up to offer special 90th anniversary watches. Their director of character art was in town teaching people how to draw Mickey Mouse.

Ok. Thanks. It would had been nice to have a Disney Store downtown to make the area more of an enjoyable destination for the entire family

Lets focus on getting that Cheesecake Factory and ESPN Zone first.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Ok. Thanks. It would had been nice to have a Disney Store downtown to make the area more of an enjoyable destination for the entire family

You don't remember the one at Fairlane? It was over priced schlock. It crashed and burned. The Warner Brothers store was better as I recall.

There is still one at Somerset. It seems to do quite well.

Screw Disney and their store full of Chinese crap.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/u...lacements.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rohn View Post
    I felt that Detroit had a chance for the Cheesecake factory to open somewhere in Greektown but as in typical Detroit fashion anlow quality poorly managed, not lasting for more than 2 years, Cheesecake Bistro opened downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I felt that Detroit had a chance for the Cheesecake factory to open somewhere in Greektown but as in typical Detroit fashion anlow quality poorly managed, not lasting for more than 2 years, Cheesecake Bistro opened downtown.
    Cheesecake Factory is kind of a running joke here; once taken seriously by people as a restaurant that a "real" downtown would have, but now seen as a tourist trap. Kind of shows how far we've come.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rohn View Post
    Time to update this joke. ESPN Zone doesn't exist anymore.

We are not getting a Disney Store. What Gilberttown Detroit needs is an Apple Store NOW!

^^ That's called Eastern Market. It's also a potato store, a tomato store, a squash store .....

Detroit already has a Disneyland. It's at 2 Woodward Avenue.

I heard Cheesecake Factory and House of Blues is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    I hear Duggan is using the Peace Dividend from the GreatLivoniaWar to fix the Vortex before the Hyperloop is incorporated into DSR reboot thereby providing a viable customer base for both CF and HoB

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    Nahh...we want Eataly, Starbucks Reserve Roastery, Uniqlo and CB2.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Nahh...we want Eataly, Starbucks Reserve Roastery, Uniqlo and CB2.
    I'm pretty sure the Bucks inside the BC is a Reserve.

Also not sure how anyone could think a Disney store [[do they even exist still?) would be opening up when it's decals on the Shinola store which is opening Friday fyi as there's signs on it announcing the opening. Like it's a stretch to think that sorry.

There is no reason for a Disney Store downtown. Maybe a children's store of some sort but no, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

There is no reason for a Disney Store downtown. Maybe a children's store of some sort but no, just no.
    Exactly what I was thinking, Disney stores are for 2nd rate cities. Detroit is world class and needs something like Hermes or possibly a Chanel downtown.

Also what is taking restoration hardware so long to pick a location?

Chicago, New York, London, Paris, and many other "1st rate" cities have a Disney store. While I wouldn't shop there, I think it would do well downtown. People LOVE Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Chicago, New York, London, Paris, and many other "1st rate" cities have a Disney store. While I wouldn't shop there, I think it would do well downtown. People LOVE Disney.
    Yes, but we already have stores at Somerset and Great Lakes. I was being a bit facetious about if they still existed. I'm not sure a metro area like ours can support a third Disney store, even if downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, Disney stores are for 2nd rate cities. Detroit is world class and needs something like Hermes or possibly a Chanel downtown.
    Good luck with that.

Make Detroit Great Again with Cheesecake Factory, ESPN Zone and Disney Store! God bless America and all our wonderful culture!

^^^ I'd settle for an original styled Vernor's Ice Cream shop [[even though I'll never be there again).

And reopen the Stroh Haus.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ^^^ I'd settle for an original styled Vernor's Ice Cream shop [[even though I'll never be there again).

And reopen the Stroh Haus.
    Uh I would say Sanders needs to open a downtown storefront again before all else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast