Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Past History of The Royal Eagle Restaurant Indian Village

Hello,

This is my first post. I am interested in reaching out to anyone that still remembers the Royal Eagle Restaurant that was in the Parkstone Hotel.

Thank you in advance.
    HistorianMuse

Hi HistorianMuse!

I went to the Royal Eagle a few times in the 70’s. It was a lovely dining space, very elegant. It was polish food, but upscale. I remember the china that was used had a hand painted figure in traditional costume. They were lovely. Food was good, but since I didn’t grow up eating Polish food, I ate pretty basic stuff. My husband who is 1st generation Lithuanian-American thought the food was wonderful.

Hi, So nice to hear your Royal Eagle memories. I literally grew up there. My family had every life event celebrated there. My parents were best friends with the owner, Danny K. I have wonderful, fun filled memories of the work staff, the kitchen, the décor, and so much more. My wedding was there as well in 1979. Over all the years, I have collected a fantastic history of the restaurant. So cool that you remember the china. I have a full set of the dishes and mugs of the Polish Folk Dance series. I have a piece of art that Danny gave my parents that he took off the wall and handed it to them. If you are ever interested, I have tons of photos of the restaurant to share. And yes, the food was wonderful.

The Parkstone Apartments are located in the City of Detroit designated West Village Historic District, not Indian Village. Indian Village is a separate city designated historic district that shares a border with West Village.
    Designed by Jenke, Venman & Krecke. Parkstone Apartments 1415 Parker built in 1925 West Village Historic District Detroit, MI. Includes an image of the building from a 1926 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-27-18 at 02:59 PM.