Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

UFO Guest

Default No One Is Illegal

I had always been one of those patriotic people who love this nation.
    But after seeing videos on youtube about this group and after
    reading how they view the American and Canadian governments treat people.
    Not just that, but the overall oppression that all governments reign in over the people living in their countries.
    The way we treat each other.

I'm just saying,we Humans really need to start caring for one another with open arms and stop this greed.

The borders that separate our planet really should be erased. If done, Ill bet that peace would be given a chance.

http://www.antimedia.net/nooneisillegal/

http://noii-van.resist.ca/
    Last edited by UFO; August-30-09 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I'm just saying,we Humans really need to start caring for one another with open arms and stop this greed.

The borders that separate our planet really should be erased. If done, Ill bet that peace would be given a chance.
    I agree with you 100%. However, for this to happen would require us as human beings to be 100x as mature as we are. We simply haven't developed to this point yet, so what you're proposing is just a pipe dream. Maybe in 10k years, if we're still around and haven't killed ourselves off yet.

UFO Guest

Hey Pavement,

I'm a dreamer. What can I tell you. Maybe thats why Im in the mess Im in regarding my personal life.

Here's something I never thought of. I always looked at illegal immigration as only America's problem..
    While doing research on youtube I came across this and it brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La8AP...eature=related

It's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately, we are hard wired to look out for Numero Uno first and family second. After that, suspicion rules. That is just the way we are, biologically. All the education that teaches otherwise has a way of dying off each generation unless we have specific methods to preserve it.

lilpup Guest

What all are you willing to give up for your dream, UFO? A nice house? Transportation on demand? Job? Stereo system? Neat clothes? Half your food intake?

What's it worth to you?

UFO Guest

Im already a piss poor schmuck. Ive lost everything .I don't even have my dignity to give up.

I gave up on my life long ago.
    Isn't that enough to realize my dreams of people actually treating one another with love , respect and kindness?
    Isn;t that enough to get the doctor to trade his services for a plumbing job?
    Isnt it enough to have the plumber do someones plumbing in exchange for a new roof on his home?
    Or the baker gives someone a dozen cupcakes in exchnge for that steak he was craving.
    If we abolished our borders and our money we could all live happily on trade if we really wanted too.

This greed, this holding hostage of poor people is savage. Ask the Indians and African Americans how they feel living here or Canada.
    Their common bond with everyone else that is poor is just that, they are poor and being held hostage.

I have given up on y life. Whatever happens, happens. I lost all drive, all hope and I am pretty much emotionally numb except that a grown 53 yr old man walks down the street at times crying uncontrollably because life and its cruelness has broken him to the point of no return.

Have I given enough for you?
    I am one foot out of the door to homelessness and when that happens guess what?
    IIm just going to pack a duffel and start walking.
    Last edited by UFO; August-30-09 at 08:31 PM.

Im already a piss poor schmuck. Ive lost everything .I don't even have my dignity to give up.
    Well, I see you still have internet access but you definitely have lost your dignity.

UFO Guest

Now I understand these Ravine and Doc Cherry people and their dissatisfaction with some on this forum.

ccbatson Guest

Borders are needed for defense and security purposes. Immigration done in an orderly and legal fashion is the cornerstone of our nation. Illegal immigration is the opposite.

Lorax Guest

UFO- this one's for you.

The Most Free Man I Know

I live in Miami, and over the last 13 years living here, I have had need to hire people to do various things as it relates to my businesses.

One gentleman, named George, I have know for all these 13 years, and today, at age 70, he is truly the most free and unencumbered individual I know.

He moves furniture for a living, by himself, with only a white cargo van and an old dog.

He originally came from Massacuhsetts, and was raised in a typical middle-class household, an only child. He survived childhood polio, and served in Viet Nam with the US Army.

He worked as an off-set printer for many years before moving to Miami to escape a failing industry, and ended up living in a house trailer in an area frequented by drug dealers and prostitutes.

He eventually lost that and began living in his van. When the van died, he bought another one with the cash he had saved for nearly 20 years.

Then his 15 year old dog died.

Then he found a stray puppy who is now his constant companion.

He began living in a storage facility owned by a competitor of mine, and after 2 years living there, he was tossed out by the owner, since they felt he should be on call 24 hours a day to clean up messes and move friends around without pay.

Now he's back to living in the van, which, he says, he prefers. I offered a vacant apartment I own and he respectfully declined.

He has two roll-up door storage places with books, military collectibles and junk he's paid 75 bucks a month to store for years now.

His best friend he has given these worldly possessions to in his preparation to quit working and do what he intended to do his entire life.

Vanish.

George told me of his plan when we first got to know each other those 13 years ago, and I never took him seriously. Now I do.

He has his backpack ready, in storage, and as soon as he's saved up enough from working, he will sell the van, give his dog and storage possessions to his friend, and he will go to the Amazon, which is where he has intended all along to go.

He says he's imagined the Amazon as being not that much different from the jungles of Viet Nam, and since he is familiar with them, he though it would be a good place to disappear.

When I ask him if he's coming back he says "Hell, no."

He will hike into the jungle, live through his rations, then lay down by a big tree by a river, and wait for the end.

George has never been one to be wasteful, or preoccupied by society's norms or traditions- he believes this is the best way to recycle his human remains, foregoing a funeral, or any of the usual trappings of a conventional exit.

I mention his story as an example of someone who has been beaten by the system, but accepts his lot, and realizes that the best revenge against the system he felt aided and abetted his lot in life, was to do the unorthodox thing, on his own terms, his health, and his dignity intact.

George's plan is not for everyone, nor is it advisable for everyone. I tell his story, because I don't know what I would do in his situation. I doubt I would have the courage, or indeed the strength of character to follow through, but, I'm not 70, and haven't had the life experiences he's had.

And for someone who's outlook on life is always upbeat- sunny would be a good word to describe him, one would never suspect he has been able to plan his future with such precision, when so much of his past was decided for him.

George is still with us, and in fact, is doing some local moving for me this next week. No one knows when he plans his departure, and he'll never tell.

One day he'll just be gone, and he will have done it his way.

This is why he is the most free person I know, and perhaps the bravest.

UFO: never give up...kindness is in the eyes of strangers.

"he who does for the least of my brothers does unto me" or something near that..words that ring true for those who see people with value..even though they may have lost sight of theirown value.

Immigration issue is a moral issue being highjacked by whose parents immigrated here...it would have been hard to swim from Europe, but if it was a river away,many would have tried.

Just more One-Worlder tripe masquerading as humanitarianism.
    Probably a member of the Tri-Lateral Commission and the Pentavirate.
    Next you'll be breaking out in a chorus of Give Peace A Chance or Kumbaya.

Times are tough, that is true. Here is some music about tough times, hope and fortitude to you, friend. You will never be younger and healthier than you are now, so keep looking.

Maybe it's time to bring back this song, a favorite of mine, Hard Times by Stephen Foster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXZxM...eature=related

There is always, Brother, Can You Spare a Dime.

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/...742&m=97230635

Nobody Knows My Troubles But God:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFHKfohateo

One of my fav's from Bessie Smith

http://www.last.fm/music/Bessie+Smit...e+Down+and+OUt

Wow! Thanks for that one. I want to get out my old guitar and go sit down on the riverfront pickin' and singin'.

UFO, get with people who care - face to face. One-on-one is often best. It is your life, so find people who will value it. Don't hate those who do not value it. Among some people it will be valued because you have breath in you. Speaking of breath, words can heal or harm. Some never totally give up on others as part of their intellect. Everyone wants to be appreciated in some way. DYes posts will both encourage and discourage.

ccbatson Guest

How exactly was the person in that story "beaten down by the system"? He seemed content with the life he had chosen for himself.

UFO Guest

Thanks to those of you that had kind words,especially the story.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    How exactly was the person in that story "beaten down by the system"? He seemed content with the life he had chosen for himself.
    Leave it to you to not see the forest for the trees.

Lorax Guest

Thanks to those of you that had kind words,especially the story.

My best to you, keep the faith.

UFO, everyone can make a difference and everyone has someone they can help.

I think if you find someone to help, then you will also help yourself.

As for Illegal Aliens... let's remember...

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breath free;
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Send these, the homeless,
    Tempest-tossed to me
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Nothing there about "protecting borders" from "illegals."

Those who yearn for material riches are too simple to understand the riches of the soul.