Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default George W. Bush started an immoral war. Now he’s getting the Liberty Medal

Remember the other horrible Presidents we had before Trump? Some people have forgotten.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/column...VADr-XDG7OfAZ8

It's a pretty safe bet that no one on the Constitution Center's panel that selected the Bushes for the now-tarnished Liberty Medal consulted with the Iraq-born novelist Sinan Antoon, who wrote in the New York Times in March that "
    Fifteen Years Ago, America Destroyed My Country
    " and noted that estimates of as many as one million dead mean the war "is often spoken of in the United States as a 'blunder,' or even a 'colossal mistake,' " but, he writes, "It was a crime."

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Remember the other horrible Presidents we had before Trump? Some people have forgotten.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/column...VADr-XDG7OfAZ8

WTF? There are way better choices then him. Barack Obama for his work with the Taliban and ISIS in Syria, or Hillary Clinton for her work in Libya, for instance. She opened new employment opportunities for women in trade they never imagined before.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; November-12-18 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    WTF? There are way better choices then him. Barack Obama for his work with the Taliban and ISIS in Syria, or Hillary Clinton for her work in Liberia, for instance. She opened new employment opportunities for women in trade they never imagined before.
    I think you mean Libya not Liberia.

Thanx Pam, I sit corrected.

Thanx Pam, I sit corrected.
    At least you didn't write "Labia". Carry on...

I still think Shrub, Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    At least you didn't write "Labia". Carry on...

I know the difference between a country and the entry room of a building.

Both George & Laura Bush are receiving this award for their work with American veterans, and for that they probably deserve it. Just as much as Hillary Clinton did when she was awarded the same "For her lifetime of public service", and definitely more than President Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Prize basically just for being elected.
    https://constitutioncenter.org/liberty-medal/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-w-bush-laura-bush-awarded-liberty-medals-for-work-with-veterans/

Well, they did help create a significant number of injured Vets, so .....

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I still think Shrub, Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be in prison.
    Rumsfeld in his heyday -

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.
    Yeah, thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-12-18 at 06:01 PM.

But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.
    Like how much the two of them personally pocketed from their defense contractor interests.

I read the headline at the time but assumed it was a misprint [[or fake news) and they really meant he was getting The Library Medal [[for finishing his ABC Reader before the end of his presidency).

Little did we know that his successor would actually swallow his and bore us up the wazoo with “I’s” and “ME’s” for eight more long long tedious years of nothing.

Sixteen years and what did we get? Another day older and FAR, FAR, DEEPER IN DEBT. [[Apology to T.E.F.)

Thank you God for PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    Last edited by coracle; November-15-18 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I read the headline at the time but assumed it was a misprint [[or fake news) and they really meant he was getting The Library Medal [[for finishing his ABC Reader before the end of his presidency).

Little did we know that his successor would actually swallow his and bore us up the wazoo with “I’s” and “ME’s” for eight more long long tedious years of nothing.

Sixteen years and what did we get? Another day older and FAR, FAR, DEEPER IN DEBT. [[Apology to T.E.F.)

Thank you God for PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    You're a contradiction: smarts and farts. It's your farts that linger.

You've seen the evidence. Trump is plunging us fast deeper into debt, even during economic growth. Deficits are for wars and recessions. What's his excuse?

Oh yeah: He needs tax cuts and deregulation to prop up temporary growth. At least until his next election.

Punishing our future for today, for his benefit.

Trump inherited a strong economy.
    Obama inherited the worst since the depression.
    The deficits he began with were approved by his predecessor.
    He drastically reduced them.
    Trump increased them 17%, already, with worse to come.

Can we please have Obama again?

<sarcasm>Keep on believing. Or deceiving. Whatever it is.</sarcasm>

Copy and paste:

Even staunchly conservative media outlets have been complaining how our national debt has soared under Trump. Here's the Washington Examiner:

National debt jumps $1.2 trillion in fiscal year 2018
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...scal-year-2018

"The national debt rose more than $1.2 trillion in the fiscal year that just concluded on Sept. 30, according to a government website that tracks the debt.

The total national debt was $20.245 trillion on the last business day of fiscal year 2017.

On the last business day of fiscal year 2018, which was Friday, Sept. 28, the total debt had grown to $21.516 trillion. Friday was the first day in history the national debt rose above $21.5 trillion."

In the month since then it has increased another $167 billion and now stands at $21,683,971,652,591.44.

During the 2018 fiscal year the budget deficit grew 17 percent to $779 billion. The Fiscal Times says this was the obvious effect of last year's tax cuts.

Republicans Ignore the Obvious Effect of Their Tax Cuts
    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2018/1...Their-Tax-Cuts

Legislation enacted during the the 2018 fiscal year will add an estimated $2.423 trillion to the national debt through 2027.

Congress Added $2.4 Trillion to the National Debt in 2018: Report
    http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2018/0...bt-2018-Report
    Last edited by bust; November-15-18 at 08:37 PM.

Like I say. After obama, thank God for President Trump! [[well thank God for ANYBODY rather than obama, if it comes to that)

Like I say. After obama, thank God for President Trump! [[well thank God for ANYBODY rather than obama, if it comes to that)
    Name:  mouth-fart.png
Views: 284
Size:  16.0 KB
    Mouth fart
    Last edited by bust; November-15-18 at 05:55 PM.

C'mon coracle, how can you say no to this man?

https://www.businessinsider.com/obam...-babies-2015-8

V
    C'mon coracle, how can you say no to this man?

https://www.businessinsider.com/obam...-babies-2015-8
    Thank you. I came across your note at breakfast today, and I’ll pass. One photo of him would be enough to turn me off my repast, but 57, is unthinkable.

[[Isn’t 57 one of his magic numbers - like the number of States he thought were in America?)

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Name:  mouth-fart.png
Views: 284
Size:  16.0 KB
    Mouth fart
    Based on this note and #13, it might be more appropriate to Post as “fart” than bust. At least it would better express what’s going on in your “brain”.
    Last edited by coracle; November-16-18 at 06:57 AM.

V
    Thank you. I came across your note at breakfast today, and I’ll pass. One photo of him would be enough to turn me off my repast, but 57, is unthinkable.

[[Isn’t 57 one of his magic numbers - like the number of States he thought were in America?)
    I'll help you out here, carbuncle. 57 Varieties is the Heinz motto. Ye olde brain cells must be turning into fart gasses. Hasn't nurse Ratchet been around to giving you shock therapy for today?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I'll help you out here, carbuncle. 57 Varieties is the Heinz motto. Ye olde brain cells must be turning into fart gasses. Hasn't nurse Ratchet been around to giving you shock therapy for today?
    She's busy hooking in Mount-real, eh?

She's busy hooking in Mount-real, eh?

She be givin' out free lobotomies on the National Health Plan.

Based on this note and #13, it might be more appropriate to Post as “fart” than bust. At least it would better express what’s going on in your “brain”.
    Does that depict me, you, or God? Hint:

Disagree with Obama. But don't fall for the propaganda we're bombarded by from the demagogue who captured the presidency. You obsessively blame Obama for things Trump is doing, far worse, despite abundant evidence to the contrary, delivered to you on silver platters. Yet somehow hail Trump.

Don't be a hypocrite. That's not smart.
    Last edited by bust; November-16-18 at 04:25 PM.

Jimmy Dore Show: "Veteran's Wife Heckles Bush & Biden At Medal Ceremony"

https://youtu.be/7QcMra6A-cM

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Obama inherited the worst since the depression.
    The deficits he began with were approved by his predecessor.
    He drastically reduced them.
    https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

US Deficit in 2008, as a percentage of GDP: 3.1%
    US Deficit in 2016, as a percentage of GDP: 3.1%

That's after 6 years of very high ratios of around 6-9%, and a couple of years of low ratios of around 2%.

Even in absolute dollar terms, it increased by just under $100 billion - which isn't a good metric as you need to look at inflation and the ratio of available money to money spent.

So, no, Obama did not reduce the deficit.

And, while we're talking about it, nobody has mentioned the national DEBT, which hasn't gone down at all:

Name:  US_National_Debt_public_intergovernmental.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  49.7 KB
    Last edited by JBMcB; November-29-18 at 08:53 AM.