Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Gretchen Whitmer confirms Mark Bernstein will lead Transition

So much for the hope that Michigans new Governor would be fighting hard to lower our highest auto insurance rates in the country...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...or/1859130002/
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; November-07-18 at 08:22 PM.

Also heard that she intends on fixing the roads with the proceeds of a state bond.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Also heard that she intends on fixing the roads with the proceeds of a state bond.
    So fix our crumbling roads now and let our children pay for it? Lately that's the only way things get done in DC, why not let Lansing get on the debt train. LOL...

Hint to Gretchen: Get the damn road-busting trucks off our damn roads.

Currently, we allow trucks with a gross vehicle weight up to 164,000 lbs. By comparison, Ohio and Indiana only allow trucks with a gross weight 80,000 or less, which is in line with federal regulations.

A tough battle Lowell - The Maroun empire involves Trucking/Logistics.
    How to move the most amount of weight with the fewest assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Hint to Gretchen: Get the damn road-busting trucks off our damn roads.

Currently, we allow trucks with a gross vehicle weight up to 164,000 lbs. By comparison, Ohio and Indiana only allow trucks with a gross weight 80,000 or less, which is in line with federal regulations.
    Absolutely.

Specific solutions to glaring problems is the message that needs to be sent to the new people going to Lansing no matter what their party affiliation.

This ‘If your for it I’m against it’ shit has to end. Nothing gets solved that way.

My #1: Auto Insurance cost. Being the worst out of 50 states doesn’t cut it. It’s fucked up. Fix it!

Mark Bernstein will not help. It’s like asking the wolf to build the henhouse.

Pick one of these states models in the lowest cost 20 that works best and bring it to Michigan. It’s not rocket science. Quit listening to the ones who benefit financially by changing nothing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...-ranked-2018-3

At least she didn't ask Mike or Geoffrey

This is correct. Heavier trucks are disproportionately damaging to roads. Halving the max weight/axle would reduce road damage [[from heavy trucks) by more than 90%. Given the trouble Michigan has keeping its roads in shape, it is dumb to allow these very heavy axle loads.

I like the way that she is hitting the ground running. I hope that she will bring the movie industry back to Detroit even if it mean giving them some type of incentive. That was one of the things that Snyder had gotten rid of as soon as he had gotten in office. I think that Garlin Gilchrest could be in tune with the millennials and bring young ideas to the Governor's office as well. I think that she will be better than Granholm and somewhat a little tougher and not let these local city of Detroit corrupt officials twist her arms into doing something that will damage her career in the future. I could see her running for President in 2026 if she does a good job with Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I like the way that she is hitting the ground running. I hope that she will bring the movie industry back to Detroit even if it mean giving them some type of incentive. That was one of the things that Snyder had gotten rid of as soon as he had gotten in office. I think that Garlin Gilchrest could be in tune with the millennials and bring young ideas to the Governor's office as well. I think that she will be better than Granholm and somewhat a little tougher and not let these local city of Detroit corrupt officials twist her arms into doing something that will damage her career in the future. I could see her running for President in 2026 if she does a good job with Michigan
    I think Garlin Gilchrest will be effective in getting residents to repair their blighted properties and pay the fines they owe.

It will be interesting to see how she Flip/Flops like a fish on concrete

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gretchen_Whitmer.htm

I think we'll all be watching and keeping score at home..........
    Many have her pegged solidly as a Hard-Core Liberal.

Name:  s080_020.gif
Views: 574
Size:  7.6 KB
    Last edited by O3H; November-10-18 at 06:11 PM.

That little graph of your makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps BUST would choose a different classification - The FAR Right ????

You ""might"" want to read up on it...................

http://www.ontheissues.org/VoteMatch...p=75&e=15&t=21
    Last edited by O3H; November-10-18 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think Garlin Gilchrest will be effective in getting residents to repair their blighted properties and pay the fines they owe.
    One can only hope. After decades of both parties treating people and real estate like a disposable commodity have lead this state to epic failures in the past.

Garlin Gilchrist has had first hand experience with unfinaceable property in the City of Detroit and the dire consequences of that situation despite the best intentions. Maybe somebody will listen to him, hopefully Gretchen.

Banks that refuse to lend money in specific areas for capital improvements because of chronic bad government is unprecedented in America at the level that it has happened in the state of Michigan.

Continuing to ignore the issue will produce the same results it already has. Expensive large problems for every Michigander and lower economic growth relative to the rest of the nation for the whole state.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    One can only hope. After decades of both parties treating people and real estate like a disposable commodity have lead this state to epic failures in the past.

Garlin Gilchrist has had first hand experience with unfinaceable property in the City of Detroit and the dire consequences of that situation despite the best intentions. Maybe somebody will listen to him, hopefully Gretchen.

Banks that refuse to lend money in specific areas for capital improvements because of chronic bad government is unprecedented in America at the level that it has happened in the state of Michigan.

Continuing to ignore the issue will produce the same results it already has. Expensive large problems for every Michigander and lower economic growth relative to the rest of the nation for the whole state.

I suppose that is another way of looking @ it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post

Detroit it has been run by democrats sine 1962. How is that working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Detroit it has been run by democrats sine 1962. How is that working for you?
    This is the stupidest argument.

Ann Arbor, Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco have too and they're wealthy.

Urban areas, rich or poor, virtually always go Democratic.

I think it is more useful to look at the state level. How about Mississippi? Enjoy that conservative paradise.